Author Topic: Dress Code at wedding  (Read 38699 times)

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2016, 02:06:19 am »
Sa wedding namin ang plan is formal attire pero yung cocktail dress lang.
Long gowns are strictly for ento lang and bawal ang color white, black, and red. :)

Though may mga bawal na colors, ayaw ko naman na one color lang ang required na isuot.
Naranasan ko kasi mag attend ng wedding na may specific color, ang hirap maghanap ng damit! hehe

Kailarueluka

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2016, 09:03:46 am »
we can always specify in the wedding invitation if we want our guest to wear formal or semi-formal
for the guest part naman be cautious like avoid wearing sandals or tshirt or any revealing clothes.

if its a civil wedding i dont think wearing gown is proper lalo n kung sa baranggay or simpleng kasalan.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2016, 10:52:44 am »
^^korek hirap din 1 color required lalo kung may nakahanda na silang damit. ayoko din gumastos pa guest for their dress. yung simpleng semi formal no maong jeans nga di pa nila masunod eh. ayoko din mahirapan pa sila

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2016, 05:50:12 pm »
^yup sis, dun sa wedding na napuntahan ko, dahil nga yung color na sinabi nila ang required na color ng attire, meron mga hindi nagpunta ang reason nila is mahihirapan pa daw sila maghanap ng damit! Hehe

Bukod sa gastos, hassle din maghanap ng damit lalo na if yung color is medyo kakaiba.

scal

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2016, 11:39:50 pm »
In a country where almost all guys only have black suits, is it bad taste to go to a wedding in a non-black suit (navy/light gray)?  Am I at risk of upstaging the groom?

ayouweinlove

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2016, 03:02:29 am »
sa akin naman i told my friends and relatives to avoid dark colored gowns. Since garden reception kami, we wanted our guests to look soft, elegant and natural. I've made a lookbook for them ng mga soft toned colors like serenity, seafoam, lavender fog etc. mga 14 different colors siguro ginawa ko. Effort lang gawin. Hehe. I want them to explore with colors, hindi yung light pink, light blue lang option nila.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2016, 08:38:58 am »
@scal navy blue or light gray suits are fine. Navy blue is actually normal also since it's almost black looking din. You won't upstage a groom, besides hindi naman ganon ang guys e :D

scal

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:59 am »
@meixin
Yeah I guess most guys wouldn't think too much about it.  But what about the bride?  Would she feel differently for her groom?  I realized from this thread that some girls can be catty about guests' attires.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »
Actually, we have received wedding invitations in the past with a color guide for the dress code. OK lang the ones that give you lots of options-- i.e. pastel colors only / autumn colors / winter (or jewel toned colors) only.

Uhmmm but it's kinda a bit too much when a color swatch guide is included hehe. Or when the colors are super specific. Because we have to consider that some guests may want to re-use some old gown, or buy off the rack where color choices may be limited. Imagine, some guests might also be on a budget and it is too financially burdensome for them to have a new gown made, aside from buying a gift, plus the airfare pa (this wedding I mentioned is in Visayas).

Hehe Actually I never met the bride, it is the groom my husband is related to. And I think I am just majorly sour graping since I already had a gown made which I now cannot wear, and need to buy another gown to attend a picky bride's wedding/ =( =(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:14:19 pm by Chili1113 »

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2016, 05:39:07 pm »
@scal for me personally I don't think I would mind. In our case naman din kasi, the groom would be wearing a tuxedo, so not really your normal suit din. Pero if given na naka normal suit type si groom, I think pa din non-issue yung navy blue/gray suit. :) I kinda think that the girls would be more preoccupied about their own dress (that no one upstages her) and about the pasaway in jeans and stuff, to notice the men's suits.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close