Author Topic: Dress Code at wedding  (Read 38812 times)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2015, 11:42:48 pm »
Naku mga sis korek kayo jan! No matter how we wanted na walang jeans at polo, some still went sa wedding na parang napadaan lang.. Parang biglaan lang ang pagiging guest? hehe. Thankful sa mga nag abalang maghanap ng damit, pero if ako rin naman ang bisita, ibabagay ko ang isusuot ko sa pupuntahan ko..  :D

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2015, 09:08:47 am »
^^ haha. sis sparklingjewel, sabihin mo sa coordinator pag photo op time na, wag papalapitin sa couple mga pasaway ang attire. hahaha!

pero parang di talaga maiiwasan. minsan yata iniisip ng iba na baka power dressed sila masyado kaya magsosoot na lang ng collared shirt. mga ganun. di nila alam sila lang kakaiba sa lahat.

tiffany24

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2015, 02:55:37 am »
I told H2B may dress code kami tapos sabi niya wag na daw baka matakot yung guests na magpunta eh sakto I was browsing some wedding pictures of someone we know pinakita ko sa kanya yung picture ng bride and groom besides a guest na naka shorts, slippers, t shirt at cap. Ok, case close. May dress code na kami! haha. nakakaloka yung nakita namin na picture, ok na siguro yung maong basta with polo or formal blouse pero wag naman sana slippers and shorts.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:57:27 am by tiffany24 »

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2016, 11:05:35 am »
So a friend of mine said " casual" done know what casual means lol ..hmmm ano pwede kog suotin????

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:26 am »
Casual is what you normally wear when you go out. Example: day dress, or jeans and shirt or polo shirt. It really says casual? and not smart casual man lang? curious......

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »
^^I agree... does it say Smart Casual? That's different from just plain casual hehe Casual means you can even go in jeans or sneakers or shorts hehe. Smart Casual is more like a day dress, or something you would wear to the office like a pair of nice pants and a a stylish top.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »
^^^^Goodluck sis. I think inherent na sa mga Pinoy na yung iba, they ignore the RSVP and the dress code.  May uncle ako, na alam kong binilan na sya ng pinsan ko ng barong and slacks, pero on the day of our wedding, nandun sya nka maong and shirt. Eto pa, orange colour ng shirt nya. And dahil sa nag last minute backout like 2-3 families sa hubbys side ko, so madaming tables (including VIP) ang nabakante. Dun talaga sya umupo. Kaya kitang kita. Pero ni-letgo ko na lang. Hindi na talaga ako nagpa stress that day. hehe.

Kaya put a dress code pa din, but expect na lang na not all will follow but do hope for the best. Happy preps sis.

littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:43 pm »
^  I have to agree, that's the best we can do na lang. Hinanda ko na yung kalooban ko na may hindi susunod sa dress code; at the end of the day it's not worth twisting my knickers over.
I've been invited to a wedding na where the couple was so hell bent on getting people to follow their dress code na halos may parang lecture na dun sa website nila on what not to wear, and with catty remarks pa. It was so off-putting, it felt like a chore to attend the wedding.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2016, 12:48:51 am »
^^I agree... does it say Smart Casual? That's different from just plain casual hehe Casual means you can even go in jeans or sneakers or shorts hehe. Smart Casual is more like a day dress, or something you would wear to the office like a pair of nice pants and a a stylish top.
Casual is what you normally wear when you go out. Example: day dress, or jeans and shirt or polo shirt. It really says casual? and not smart casual man lang? curious......

Well from what i know mga sis sabi niya sa simbahan naman siya ikakasal at super rsvp ang kasal like one invitation only for one person haha ..l so I guess it is safe to wear a dress na lang? Not formal dress pero parang mga sunny dress ganun ...iniisip ko simple dress lang tutal wala naman akong participation doon haha kumbaga makikikain lang lol
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:54:21 am by kwang sun »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2016, 02:11:22 am »
^Good idea sis!! A short dress is very safe choice. It can be considered both smart casual/smart casual. When in doubt I think, it is better to be overdressed than underdressed hehe.

kwang sun

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:38 pm »
^Good idea sis!! A short dress is very safe choice. It can be considered both smart casual/smart casual. When in doubt I think, it is better to be overdressed than underdressed hehe.



I will take note lol. Haha

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2016, 01:33:03 am »
My fiance and I talked about this and decided we have to set our mind not to be stressed with guests who won't follow the dress code because 100% sure, there will be a lot of guests who won't follow especially those whom we don't personally know but my parents have invited. Nakaka inis isipin pero ayoko na magdagdag ng stress. Hehe

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2016, 09:19:23 pm »
We received a wedding invitation recently with a color guide/color swatches for the dress code. All I can say is my friends HAD soooo many comments and were annoyed at it mostly. To be honest a lot of them thought it was rude since it is difficult enough for a guest to prepare a proper formal gown, moreso prepare for a bride who insists that you come only wearing certain colors. Personally, I was very annoyed also since I already had a gown made but the color is really off from the color scheme. The wedding is 3 weeks away, and do they seriously think I have time to have a gown made in another color?

Just sharing this, because I dunno when it started being socially acceptable to dictate the colors your guests should wear. But it really is super inconvenient for the guests.

sunsetbeach

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »
Aww sis Chili. Now that you mentioned it, i just want to share that we did this on our wedding. We asked our female guests to wear any shade of green evening gown. We heard a lot of negative comments at first. Some even said nga they won't be coming na lang. Come wedding day, most of my female guests were in green.. Nakakatuwa and ang ganda sa pictures. (There were only 2 who did not follow the dress color and code)

I was a bit shy when we handed out the invitation parang I was so insensitive nga to think about having certain colors worn on our wedding by the guests. But when they showed up in green, nakakatouch din :) there was a family pa nga on hubby's side na as soon as they knew it would be green, pinatawag nila their couturier sa house nila to get their measurements asap and make green gowns hehe. :)

stylus

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »
^^sis we were also invited in a wedding and were required to wear violet dress for girls. And violet long sleeves for men. Huh?

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2016, 06:21:47 am »
I think it depends on the color. I received an invite the request was to wear either mint green or sky blue. Neither of those colors bagay sa akin or bagay sa madaming tao.
At least with yours you asked for a certain color with freedom to select a certain shade that will suit them.

We will request beach formal in pastel or neutral colors for the wedding. Reception is at the beach in the middle of summer. I think it's a reasonable request. Although my best friends is hinting she wants to wear RED to my wedding.


littlemissbiatch

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2016, 10:47:57 am »
Personally, I was very annoyed also since I already had a gown made but the color is really off from the color scheme. The wedding is 3 weeks away, and do they seriously think I have time to have a gown made in another color?

I normally ask my friends if they have a color scheme before buying a dress for their wedding, pero yikes 3 weeks before? That's cutting it close naman. And the way I've seen it phrased is parang recommended lang but not required. To be honest the only time na I'd be fine with a very strict color scheme is if it's an all-white or all-black wedding kasi I would stand out talaga if I don't comply.

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2016, 01:01:59 pm »
When I attended my cousin's wedding, she requested that her guests wear "autumn colors", I wore orange. I think it's better kung ganyan nalang hindi yung super specific.

For me, I will not specify a color but i'll just put sa invitation na no white attire please.

cc1818

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2016, 02:00:25 pm »
I attended my friend's wedding few months ago. Since overseas ako, I only found out na may color guide yung attire ng guests sa isa kong friend na based sa Pinas. Nagmessage daw like 2 weeks before yung coordinator following up the RSVP, then kasama na dun yung what to wear/what not to wear. Walang nakalagay sa invitation na pinamigay about it. Nakabili na ko ng dress, and nalaman ko lang siya like 4 days before the wedding (kasi hindi naman ako matetext nung coord sa SG number ko). So ayun, nahiya din ako na iba yung color ng dress ko, pero sana nagsabi sila ahead of time.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 12:54:08 am »
I wanted my guests to have fun and be relaxed sa wedding namin. Thus I didn't ask for a colour scheme.  They did inquire for our motiff, but I think it was just so they will not wear it para di sila mapagkamalan part ng enoturage hehe.  Our coordinator did ask kung meron daw bawal na colours or if the guests are required to wear certain colours, I did tell her na sana walang magsusuot ng white pero of course wala naman akong magagawa kung yun ang iprefer nilang isuot hehe. Ayoko din ng stress especially if karamihan nakasuot ng certain colour and then there's 1 or 2 na hindi. They will literally stick out like a sore thumb. 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close