Author Topic: Dress Code at wedding  (Read 38802 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »
We wrote evening gown na lang sis. :)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:12 pm »
^^sis, daytime wedding kami, okay lang isulat na evening gown or sabihin ko na lang long gown?

simang

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »
^pwede mo siguro sabihin na floor length dress.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »
blackgreen: you can write "long gown" or "long formal"

Simang: hehe wawa naman friend mo. pero honestly ok pa yung theme na 80s medyo madali gawan ng paraan. Mahirap yung nag specify na neon colored gowns na meron pa swatch guide. or whimsical formal na no one has an idea kung ano yun. Otherwise, Ive attended wedding na may theme and it was fun. what's important is that the dress code is achievable and not the type na papa order mo pa yung guests ng bagong gown para lang sa theme hahah

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2015, 03:40:53 pm »
^Chili1113
That's shocking.

^sis blackgreen
Yes sis, long gown.. if hesitant yung iba, pwedeng formal looking maxi dresses, not necessarily naman gowns :)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »
Thanks mga sis. Ieedit ko na agad website namin. Hahaha..

One question ulit sa dress code, okay lang ba na naka long formal yun girls tapos yun guys kahit di ko na irequire na naka coat and tie? Kahit coat or jacket basta formal pa rin?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2015, 04:18:55 pm »
Sis blackgreen: pag walang tie hindi yun considered formal =) Semi formal lang pag dinner jacket and pants.  Tapos formal naka suit. Tapos super formal is black tie affair.

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2015, 11:09:37 am »
Oohh.. Thanks sis Chilli1113 :) Paano ko idedescribe yun ganun sa invite? Sa girls kasi dapat mahaba yun damit tapos sa lalake okay lang kahit hindi naka tie

djctapalla23

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2015, 07:02:27 pm »
Just to contribute but I know it's rather late. I have received an invite from a dear friend for her wedding. I noticed dun sa invitation nya that she indicated that we wear pastel-colored cocktail dresses using a picture & color guide. Then for the men, she indicated that they wear a coat even without a tie. No jeans. We can also use the said picture & color guides on our wedsite para may basis sila. In my case, ang hirap mamili ng damit! Mas gusto ko magBlack tapos kada may napipili ako I sent her pictures of it then wait for her approval hanggang sa may pumasa naman at di ako na-out of place sa wedding nya. Wala e sinakyan ko kagagahan nya kasi mahal ko siya hahaha! At least next year, ako na yung bride kaya ako na yung makakapagsabi ng mga susuotin nila. ~_~

chinadoll6

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2015, 10:39:05 pm »
As for us, ayaw namin ng formal. We wanted a very laid-back feel lang since we're planning to have it in a clubhouse. Fiance will wear dark jeans nga. :) Theme is bohemian.

I just don't know how to word it sa invites..
Ladies: sunday dress, summer dresses, maxi dress, jumpsuits
Gents: Dark jeans, slacks, Button-down polo (short or long)

How do I simply word this req? Smart casual? Casual chic?? bohemian chic? haha
 I wanted to put sana something like "Something you'd wear on your first date in (insert appropriate place na bagay sa theme)" kaso baka di makarelate mga elders. hehe

Thanks!

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2015, 11:10:11 pm »
@chinadoll, pwede yung bohemian chic. You can also create a Pinterest board and include the link on your Facebook invite/paper invites. Para mavisualize ng guests mo yung dress code na dapat nila ma achieve ☺

chinadoll6

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2015, 01:59:04 am »
@chinadoll, pwede yung bohemian chic. You can also create a Pinterest board and include the link on your Facebook invite/paper invites. Para mavisualize ng guests mo yung dress code na dapat nila ma achieve ☺

Naisip ko nga bohemian chic, mukhang hindi lang pasok sa lalaki. hehe... takot lang din ako masyadong i-down play ang attire baka biglang may mag sando at mag tsinelas! Haha...

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2015, 07:06:32 am »
^sis, we put stylish semi formal dun sa dress code in our invites then yung pics ng outfit nakaindicate din:)

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2015, 10:38:16 am »
Eto pang dress code. Nagpaparamdam na ang mga friends ko. Ayaw magsuot ng formal sa wedding ko. Hayy!! Basta ilalagay ko pa rin sa invite formal. Kung dumating sila ng naka cocktail or sunday dress bahala na ang photographer sa kanila.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2015, 12:24:05 pm »
As for us, ayaw namin ng formal. We wanted a very laid-back feel lang since we're planning to have it in a clubhouse. Fiance will wear dark jeans nga. :) Theme is bohemian.

I just don't know how to word it sa invites..
Ladies: sunday dress, summer dresses, maxi dress, jumpsuits
Gents: Dark jeans, slacks, Button-down polo (short or long)

How do I simply word this req? Smart casual? Casual chic?? bohemian chic? haha
 I wanted to put sana something like "Something you'd wear on your first date in (insert appropriate place na bagay sa theme)" kaso baka di makarelate mga elders. hehe

Thanks!

Same tayo ng dress code sis. I provided an attire checklist sa invitation. Tapos, may FAQs din kami sa wedding website namin and nkaspecify dun what we encourage them to wear. Quote ko na lang:

7. What should I wear?

If you have received our invitation, you probably have seen the attire checklist guide. The point is, we want you to be as comfortable as you can be. Our wedding is not very formal, hence we want you to wear something that is relaxed and laid back, semi-formal or dressy casual (we discourage coats and ties, heavy dresses, leather shoes, and sky high heels), and preferably in solid summer colors (we encourage as minimal print as possible). You may view this pinterest board for ideas.

chinadoll6

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »
Thank you sa suggestions! :) We're not planning on putting up a wedsite kasi, maybe fb invited lang for save the date. Hehe.. I'll probably just put some simple illustrations sa invites para mas malinaw.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2015, 11:57:53 am »
Hi girls!! I won't have a full blown entourage (just a Maid-of-Honour and a Best Man) but I want sang to have my guests follow a colour palette so it feels like everyone is actually part of the entourage. How can I say that in my wedding invitation? :/

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2015, 07:32:16 am »
^ You can make a small note under dress code that "you are encouraged to come in <color>, <color> and <color>" :)

Sisses, I also want to get your opinion! If you were a guest and you saw "Garden Chic" as the dress code for a wedding, what comes to your mind? I'm debating between that or "Garden Formal" but not sure if the latter sounds better.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:16 am »
anneshirley, I've received an invitation before that said "white attire requested" (it wasn't for a wedding). I will say though that if you're going to ask your guests to do this I think you should choose something easy/common -- if you have a very specific, unique colour in mind chances are a lot of people won't own formal attire in that shade. You don't want them naman to feel na pinahirapan sila, especially since you're also asking them to travel for a destination wedding :)

reese, I'd take "garden chic" to mean semi-formal garden party attire -- a knee-length floral dress in cotton sateen or silk, maybe? (Especially if it's an outdoor or daytime event.) For "garden formal" I'd probably still wear a floral dress but I'd pick a long one, or a cocktail dress in a formal fabric. :)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Dress Code at wedding
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:20 am »
^ thanks sevenstars! :) Given that, I think I'll go with "garden formal". I don't want to have to illustrate what I want my guests to wear but since it's a garden wedding, I want them to be comfortable but at the same time maintain a formal atmosphere.

Just to share... I saw someone attend a wedding in jogging pants when the dress code was stated as formal! There were a number of people wearing jeans also and another guest came in an embellished white gown. Argh, pet peeve talaga. Haha.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close