Author Topic: ATM Fraud  (Read 22679 times)

khriseeee

• Super GirlTalker
Re: ATM Fraud
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:51 pm »
BDO finally got back to our execom. They admitted that their security is compromised. They even know of certain ATMs that are compromised - EW Mall, Powerplant (next to Rustan's grocery), etc. I don't know what they've done since knowing that the ATM machines are compromised.

What they have said is that since they have a corporate relationship with our company, they will do their best to recover the money....I guess as compared to if you open a personal account? Seems unfair.

As a safety measure, they have asked us to visit the home branch, update our contacts and change our pins. They have also suggested to only withdraw from BDO ATMs located at a branch, and not at a standalone machine.

I have moved my savings to a BPI passbook account. No chance of ATM skimming!

karxn

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:06 am »
Tama yung iba, you should have more than one bank account. What I always do is transfer my money to a passbook account right after receiving my salary through the ATM. I withdraw what I need and then transfer the remaining amount. Never leave too much money in your ATM card.

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:24 am »
^korek! exactly what i do! as i said, it's all about "preventive measures". :)
“I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints.” ― Maarten Schäfer

Miss Charcoal

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »
Naku foreigner pala may pakana, kaya sa ibang bansa rin nagagastos yung iba.

3 Malaysians nabbed for ATM skimming
Three Malaysian nationals were arrested after a security guard caught them placing a skimming device in an automated teller machine (ATM) inside a mall in Iloilo City on Saturday.

The suspects were identified as Tan Boon Foi, Ching Sen Jun and Chang Yong Siang from Penang, Malaysia. Their passports revealed that they arrived in the country last April 14.

Seized from the suspects was a bag containing a skimming device, passports, bankbooks, cellphones and cash amounting to P11,000.

The suspects refused to grant any interviews but they admitted that a certain “Peter” brought them to the country.

The three will be facing charges in violation of the Republic Act 8484 or the act regulating the issuance and use of access devices.

Authorities said they have yet to find out whether the three Malaysians are connected to an international syndicate.

cheezecake

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 10:51:27 am »
sana mahuli na silang lahat

asdcess

• Probationary
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 04:24:10 am »
Hi po! :)

Is there anyone here na naging victim na ng ATM Skimming? :) Yung nako-clone ang card then na-withdraw na ang pera?

Please contact me at 09056166441 if you do po. We are currently working on a story about ATM Fraud and we would like to hear some experiences.

Maraming salamat po! :)

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »
Scary...  I hope mahuli na lahat ng taong involved dito.  It's heartbreaking to lose your hard-earned money, tapos super bilis pa, nawala na parang bula.  Di man lang inisip ng thieves na to na pinaghirapan mo yun and that maybe kailangan mo or ng family mo yung pera.  >:(

imyourangel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »
Nakaka-amaze rin ang mga magnanakaw ngayon, ano? Hi-tech na rin sila. Nakakagawa na ng programs to do such things. Grabe. What evil minds can do...

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:01 pm »
actually paborito nila first world countries at nakaka hack nga sila ng banko. doesn't need to be ATM

pinas easy target
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:30:07 pm by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close