watch now

Author Topic: Breastfeeding Part 17  (Read 117376 times)

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #540 on: January 03, 2014, 10:32:51 am »
^ Breastmilk is easier to digest, that's why baby seems to be always hungry. When my baby was a few weeks old, parang wala narin akong magawa kundi magpabreastfeed. Gusto kasi ni baby laging naka-latch. And yes, pagod and puyat din ako for the first few weeks (months?), lalo na when I returned to work. Pero tiyagaan lang. My baby is currently 8 months old and we're still EBF (with solids na).

Ang dami mo ngang milk! When I first started pumping (6 weeks post-partum), 30ml lang nakuha ko. Believe your milk is enough for your baby :)

RAC

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #541 on: January 04, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »
Some mothers pump milk so that they can entrust their baby to the father or yaya while they are out. Question is, paano kung nasa labas sila and the breast becomes engorged? Dapat ba dala nila ang pump kahit saan?

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2014, 02:58:56 pm »
^if you know how to hand express, no need to bring your pump. you should also bring containers plus some ice packs (if you will be out for a long time). for my 2 kids before, since I don't really keep that much milk for them (i rarely go out without them so no need to keep a large stash), I usually pump and dump.   

nageinna

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »
@shooting_star madalas kasi after ko idirect feed si baby fussy parin siya. then iiyak, sasabihan nila ko kulang daw milk ko. kaya kahit na gusto ko talaga ebf si baby napapaformula talaga ako. pero feeling ko naman talaga enough milk ko for my LO. nasanay lang siguro talaga siya sa formula yung feeling niya na busog na busog siya. thanks sis ha! :)

marssie

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2014, 11:25:14 pm »
Mommies how much usually bayad sa lactation massage? Home service ba yun?

aupoleiana

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #545 on: January 09, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »
Hi mommies! I just want to share how sad I am right now. After breastfeeding  my daughter for 1 year and almost 7 months, I have to stop now. I'm hypertensive kasi, and my new doctor added a new medication and she said hindi na daw pwede magbreastfeed. Napaiyak talaga ako, it's so hard pala.  :'(

This morning, we tried to give my daughter fresh milk sa bottle pero ayaw niya talaga. Iyakan kami tuloy sa bahay kanina. Any advice mommies? What should I do? Just keep offering her the fresh milk? I'm dreading tonight because first night that I won't be nursing her to sleep.  :'(

kasheica

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2014, 03:36:40 am »
aupoleiana

Hi sis, so sad nga kasi totally stop na kayo ng breastfeeding...one good thing is, you were able to breastfeed for almost  2 yrs..

Yan ang worry ko naman, paano ako makapag-BF kasi hypertensive din ako..am on my 37 weeks now, taking Aldomet..What's the new med prescribed to you? Since you started BF, were you taking other hypertensive med?..Thanks

aupoleiana

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »
^hi sis. When I gave birth, my OB prescribed Norvasc (amlodipine), she said okay lang to take while breastfeeding. My new doctor, a cardiologist, said sa hospital nila kahit daw amlodipine, hindi na pwede mag breastfeed, may iba yata meds na pwede naman.

My doctor kasi added Cardipress sa akin, hindi na kasi kaya ng one medicine land since ang taas ng blood pressure ko. Hay, ang hirap talaga tanggapin sis. Hanggang ngayon, naiiyak pa rin ako.

Talk to your doctor para maka prescribe siya ng medicine na pwede for breastfeeding.

I'm thankful na rin that I had 19 months to breastfeed her, mahirap lang now sa gabi, like last night she couldn't sleep talaga, so puyat kami pareho.  :(

pink.butterfly

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2014, 10:18:45 am »
Some mothers pump milk so that they can entrust their baby to the father or yaya while they are out. Question is, paano kung nasa labas sila and the breast becomes engorged? Dapat ba dala nila ang pump kahit saan?

Sis, ako I bring my pump everywhere. I'm working full time so I have to pump twice during the 9 hours I'm at the office. I attended a wedding nga last weekend and dala ko pa rin pump ko. It hurts when I don't express milk for 4 hours straight, my breasts become so engorged and hard. My baby girl is 5 months and I really plan to breastfeed her as long as I can.

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #549 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:43 am »
^ Me too, I bring my pump (and cooler bag) everywhere. Kahit while doing my Christmas shopping, I stopped to pump parin.

Moms, I have a question pala. What vitamins do you take, if any?

einjhel

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2014, 11:54:47 am »
mga sis, ask ko lang if ok lang kaya mag take ng Ampalaya Plus Capsule while exclusively breastfeeding my 3 month old? wala kasi ako masyadong makitang infos sa net...

kasheica

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2014, 01:24:12 pm »
aupoleiana

Sis, thanks!..will ask my endocrinologist & OB today for the safe BP meds during breastfeeding.

Sana maging normal uli BP mo or wag na lalong tumaas pa..I know how it feels...What is your average BP reading?..I've bought Omron BP monitor so that I can check daily at home..though it is not that accurate compared to the one they are using in the hospital but at least you can gauge more or less..then If am doubtful naman, nagpapacheck ako BP sa ER

Before I got pregnant, my endocrinologist prescribed Candesartan but changed to Aldomet 1 month before I conceived..I guess Candesartan is not also safe for breastfeeding...but I really want to totally stop BP meds kaya "low salt/low fat diet" ako at NO SALT if lutong bahay..more veggies and fruits.


chocoholic88

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #552 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:09 pm »
Im on my 20th week now and im planning to exclusively breastfeed my baby after delivery. May nabasa ako na dini-discourage daw ang bottle feeding and mas preferred ang cup feeding. Any thoughts on this? Im okay with cup feeding but im not sure kung masu-sustain ito ng ibang mag aalaga kay baby pag bumalik na ako sa work.

QueGavan

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #553 on: February 06, 2014, 11:39:27 am »
Im on my 20th week now and im planning to exclusively breastfeed my baby after delivery. May nabasa ako na dini-discourage daw ang bottle feeding and mas preferred ang cup feeding. Any thoughts on this? Im okay with cup feeding but im not sure kung masu-sustain ito ng ibang mag aalaga kay baby pag bumalik na ako sa work.

cup feeding is ok. para wala ka na problem to wean your baby form the bottle and you can protect baby's teeth na din. for feeding, cup or bottle, make some else do the feeding kasi pag ikaw, your baby might still prefer direct feeding.

halfway ka na sis! good luck and kaya mo yang exclusively breastfeeding your baby. I did breastfeed until 2 years while working full time :D

chocoholic88

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #554 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:06 pm »
^thank you sis sa advice. Nakaka inspire naman, sana kayanin ko din ang EBF while working talaga. Pano yun, nagpu-pump ka sa office? Anong storage ang gamit mo sis? MRT lang kasi ako. I'm thinking of buying yung Tote na may cooler. Pero not sure kung anong brand. YUng mga Ref namin dito sa office walang mga freezer, mini refs lang kasi eh. Thank you!

kookie420

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »
Im on my 20th week now and im planning to exclusively breastfeed my baby after delivery. May nabasa ako na dini-discourage daw ang bottle feeding and mas preferred ang cup feeding. Any thoughts on this? Im okay with cup feeding but im not sure kung masu-sustain ito ng ibang mag aalaga kay baby pag bumalik na ako sa work.

I suggest you practice cupfeeding with the baby's caretaker while you're still at home if you want to do this instead of bottle feeding. Cup feeding isn't easy but if you persevere, I'm sure you can do it. :)

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2014, 05:36:25 pm »
I'm planning to exclusively breastfeed my second baby too. Sa first child ko, 6 months ko lang nagawa tapos mixed feeding pa yun. Pero ngayon na super lapit ng office ko sa bahay, I don't see any reason not to exclusively breastfeed my child. I attended a free breastfeeding class at my hospital at mas naencourage pa ako na magbreastfeed. From "theperfectlatch" yung speaker namin. Tapos all three children niya exclusively breastfed up to a more than 1 year 6 months.

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2014, 06:05:49 pm »
ask ko lang sana yung mga working mothers, let's say they're at work at kailangan nilang magpump twice for 9 hours shift. kailangan bang hugasan ang pump after each use?? or ginagawa niyo nalang paghuhugas ng pump pag uwi niyo ng bahay? just need some tips lang. thank you.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:56:43 pm by lovemeagain30 »

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #558 on: February 12, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »
^tinanong ko yan sa officemate ko kailan lang.ang ginagawa daw nya,after pumping,store nya yung pump and other accessories inside a ziploc bag then diretso sa ref.isip ko kung ok lang ba talaga.baka gawin ko may gamit na ko panghugas sa office then use steam sterilizer bags.hula ko lang pag nagtagal e gagaya na din ako sa kanila. :P

marssie

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #559 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »
^ganyan din ginagawa ko, store lang sa ziplock and lagay na sa ref after, pag uwi ko pa nga sa bahay nakakapagpump pa ako ng isang beses bago ko totally hugasan mga pump parts

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close