watch now

Author Topic: Breastfeeding Part 17  (Read 117214 times)

m3lody

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:03 am »
My baby will turn 2y/o next month.  purely breastfed during the first 6 months and started giving solids after that.  never bought fm for her although umiinom sya ngayon ng fresh milk pag nakikitang umiinom ako.  before that, my eldest (who unfortunately did not learn how to latch properly), was fed with expressed bm for a year.  tumigil lang ako when i got pregnant and was having contractions every time i pumped.  now i'm pregnant again with my 3rd :) planning on tandem-feeding kung sakaling di pa nagwewean yung maliit ko pag labas nitong huli

MaraMeow

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2013, 10:26:03 am »
^aww congrats mommy melody!! :)

Ako naman 3months na si baby ngayon and exclusive breastfeeding padin kami. :) nakakaproud pala and ang sarap sa feeling kapag may nagbabati kay baby na ang taba tabachingching at healthy tapos proud kong sasabihin "sympre po breastfeeding yan eh :D" hehe

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »
pasali po.,

Hello po ask ko lang po sana kung effective po ba talaga na pampadagdag ng breastmilk pag uminom ng malunggay capsule? kasi parang humihina po na gatas ko kaya mix feeding po ginagawa ko ngayon., Or any suggestion po kung ano pa pong ibang capsule na mas effective kesa sa malunggay? First time mom po kasi..Thanks po in advance :)

The reason why your milk production has lessened is because of formula supplementation.  The best way to increase your supply is to feed your baby directly on demand and to ditch supplementing with formula.  The more formula you give, the less "demand" is created and therefore, your body will produce less milk.

Having said that, it would not hurt to take supplements and soupy food, but please note that these alone will not increase your milk supply.  You really have to make an effort to nurse your baby on demand and not to give in to the temptation of supplementing with formula just because you feel that your milk is not sufficient or your baby is not getting enough.

I suggest that you also attend breastfeeding seminars.  Ask your pediatrician.  Hospitals like Medical City, Asian Hospital and St. Luke's regularly conduct these seminars.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:13:30 pm by marose17 »

shenshen8

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2013, 09:12:36 pm »
What marose17 said is correct.
By giving formula you are gitting into the "top-up trap"
You think your milk is not enough --> you give formula --> baby is too full
From formula due to high sugar and does not latch to you as often --> your body creates less milk because you feed baby less --> you think your formula is not enough(back to start)

Eventually your milk can dry up due to less and less demand :(

daisy14

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2013, 07:09:46 am »
@marose17 and @shenshen8- ok po sikapin ko pong di na painumin si baby ng formula,hanggat maaari iBM ko na po siya araw araw., Thanks a lot po sa payo nyo :) Godbless

bebeocho

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:55 am »
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and I really want to breastfeed my baby when he comes out. Unfortunately I am based abroad but will give birth in Manila. Due to costs of raising a baby abroad, my husband and I decided to leave our baby with my mom temporarily until we can figure out a way we can raise him with us. I have 2-3mos ML (confirm ko pa) and I'm hoping that within that period my baby will be breastfed. Then I am planning to express milk that I can store for him while I'm away. I know its wishful thinking that I would be able to pump that much in a short period of time but I am really hoping I could. :(

kasheica

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »
to think na 4 days ko siyang di nakita after i gave birth.

Sis, does it mean that your baby was given formula in that 4 days ? or you've pump breastmilk then tru bottle feeding na lang?..thanks

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #507 on: December 04, 2013, 08:11:44 am »
I have a question. EBF kasi kami and I got my period back 6 months post partum. Kaso 2 weeks later, nagka-spotting ako. For our ebf sisses who got their period back, is this normal? Erratic ba ang period at first?

kasheica

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #508 on: December 05, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »

Sa sobrang takot ko na baka bigyan nila ng formula si baby, I told them, "meron na" complete with a smile kahit na super panic nako dahil feeling ko wala pa talagang milk.  Buti dumating na nung 2nd or 3rd day.  Trust lang talaga na marami kang milk :)

Sis, how about on the 1st day?...ano ang milk ni baby?..thanks

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and I really want to breastfeed my baby when he comes out. Unfortunately I am based abroad but will give birth in Manila. Due to costs of raising a baby abroad, my husband and I decided to leave our baby with my mom temporarily until we can figure out a way we can raise him with us. I have 2-3mos ML (confirm ko pa) and I'm hoping that within that period my baby will be breastfed. Then I am planning to express milk that I can store for him while I'm away. I know its wishful thinking that I would be able to pump that much in a short period of time but I am really hoping I could. :(

just be positive about it sis tapos when you're breastfeeding na take supplements. we have one sis isang ref napuno niya as stock breastmilk so possible yan :)

shooting_star

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #510 on: December 06, 2013, 08:20:47 am »
kasheica, we didn't give anything. Pina-latch ko lang si baby. :)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #511 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23:29 am »
The baby doesn't need overflowing milk. On the first few days, what he will get is the colostrum. Kaya importante na mag latch ang baby kahit feeling ninyo walang lumalabas. Don't supplement with formula cause you will rob your baby the chance to get the colostrum

RAC

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #512 on: December 06, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »
question pls. when is the right time to pump milk so that my baby can still latch on my breast and still get enough?

shenshen8

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #513 on: December 06, 2013, 04:17:03 pm »
Dont pump before your 6th week..
You can pump on one breast while baby latches on the other to take advantage of your letdown reflex...
You can also pump at night if baby sleeps longger then to keep up your supply
If away from baby, pump every 3 hours to keep your supply up

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #514 on: December 06, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »
^talaga sis, don't pump before your 6th week? bakit? kasi during my first born, yung lactation specialist na tumutulong sakin she would tell me to pump after my baby drinks from the breast eh from the very start yun.  Sabi nya it will stimulate the breast even more. 

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #515 on: December 06, 2013, 04:45:09 pm »
^ Pumping too early might make your breasts "bugbog" and over-stimulate them.  There are instances where the baby almost chokes because the flow of milk is too strong due to over-stimulation caused by pumping.

In the early days, what you have to work on are as follows: making sure that the baby latches correctly and you are positioned properly for breastfeeding.  Pumping too early causes additional stress because if you get a measly amount (which is normal in the first few weeks), you will worry that you do not have enough milk.

Establish your breastfeeding routine first before pumping.


marssie

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #516 on: December 08, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »
Mommies, lately sobrang kirot ng breast ko, nung una sa baba ng nipple, parang inbetween ng nipple at areola, tapos nagising nalang ako ng madaling araw sa palibot na ng breast ko,nagpacheck ako sabi naman ng OB wala naman siyang nakikitang problema sa appearance at wala rin naman siyang nakakapang lump.. ano kaya to, iniisip ko baka mastitis, ano ba usually ang ginagawang test to check kung may mastitis.

sakurayayoi

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2013, 08:59:00 am »
I am exclusively breastfeeding for 5 months now.  I have tried my best to make my baby latch on both breasts but still, whenever I pump, I noticed lesser milk and output ng left one. 

Help mga sis, meron na bang naka experience ng ganito?  Thanks.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #518 on: December 09, 2013, 09:05:25 am »
^^^ It could be a case of plugged ducts, sis.  Do you have fever?  If you have fever, see your OB asap.  Fever signifies that your body is fighting an infection (i.e., could be mastitis, could be another thing).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:11:37 am by marose17 »

sakurayayoi

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 17
« Reply #519 on: December 09, 2013, 10:30:02 am »
Sis marose17, wala naman ako fever.  Talagang dwindling lang milk supply ng left breast.  But I'll ask na rin my OB.  Thanks.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close