Author Topic: Long Distance Relationship, Does it even work?  (Read 33248 times)

jeninajenina

• GirlTalker
  • I think I'm beyond repair
Long Distance Relationship, Does it even work?
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:31:15 pm »
i am in a Long distance relationship for  3 months now, like NYC-Pinas Distance.
And it would take us only once in every year to be with each other again without knowing when we'll close the distance.

So yun. Does long distance relationship like this even work? I'm really paranoid that he'll find someone closer knowing the fact na walang physical intimacy, lalo na sa part nya na lalake sya, and he needs it more than me.  :(

Should I try even harder to make this work? Or should i start to distant myself knowing all relationship that are like this has their own dead end, regardless of how hard try to make it work?

mimilusciouss

• Charity Volunteer
Re: Long Distance Relationship, Does it even work?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »
I'm also in a long distance relationship right now! we've been together for 2 months. And everything's doing great between us, I've already introduced him to the Family; the only thing that is left is when he comes here for a visit to formally asked my hand from my parents to be his girlfriend not only through the internet world. :)
Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything. ♥

soulflygirl

• best things in life are free
  • GirlTalker
  • yo! spread kindness
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:01:37 pm »
Yes, it works as long as both parties are willing to make it work. Full effort!

I'm no expert as i myself never thought i'll be in this kind of relationship. I'm in a long distance relationship for 7 months now. We met online also 6 yrs ago. Our problem now is how we are going to be together since there is no fiance visa for same sex in the US.  :( Atleast for you guys there's really a big chance of being together while us, we're waiting and looking for options.  :(
Welcome to the GOOD Life =)

soulflygirl

• GirlTalker
  • yo! spread kindness
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:04:31 am »
^she's there for good?

schumine

• GirlTalker
  • wherever ur HEART is,dt is wer ul find ur TREASURE
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 10:55:45 am »
All I can say LDR is not easy  :(
if you could read what's in my heart, you'd be in tears.

det060403

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »
If theres a will, theres a way. So, very yes! Provided that both parties are patient, understanding and willing to sacrifice.
Sometimes you turn back. Sometimes you walk away. And sometimes, you find the place you're meant to be, & you stay there.

Sharing our SDE by Blacktie Project
http://vimeo.com/84460012

chicgurl

• I am WonderWoman and I am a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »
sorry to burst your bubble hun but been there done that & it end up in tears!

been into LDR for almost 3 years we were.. i was the one away from phils & i did all the best i could but he ended up breaking up with me. it was very very tough but it's possible BUT you should be ready for anything that could happen. I wasn't ready for the result but it's ok I have moved on already it's been 3 years & finally I am getting married to the the love of my life.. I am so grateful.. everything really happens for a reason.

all the best sis..
I am WonderWoman

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:34:23 pm »
I'm in an LDR now.. I can say that the guy loves me more than I love him.. ako pa nga yung nagsasabi sa kanya na hindi talaga to magwowork kaso siya yung pilit magwork ito , kaya ako parang ok lang..he's the one chasing me anyways right?..

euwie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • The return of the comeback! 😊
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 01:41:41 pm »
It does work, we are a living proof. Ldr for 5 years (dubai - manila) and now magkasama na kami sa dubai. It's not easy, so it all depends on the people involved.

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »
it works, fiance lives in SD and i'm here in Manila. i think what can make a big difference in a long distance relationship is when you put efforts or plans on being together like definite plans. we just got engaged and now working on the papers so we can be together soon. patience, love and trust lang talaga to make it work. been in a failed long distance relationship of almost 5 years but that didn't stop me from finding my true love and things really happen for a reason, now i'm happy to have found my soulmate.

rianne_mallows

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »
it does work with a lot of effort.. but it's not for everyone. ;)
hindi naman ako masamang tao
sadyang kapag nasasabi ako ng totoo
tumatama at tumatagos sa pagkatao mo

soulflygirl

• GirlTalker
  • yo! spread kindness
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »
It is actually easier for the us citizens since fiance visa only takes 6-8 months.
In our case, my partner is an american citizen. however, we are in a same sex relationship and fiance visa for same sex is not yet supported by american law.  :(

jaemi33

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 04:23:05 pm »
I've been there and it didn't work for me but that doesn't mean it wont work for everyone. I think LDR is just difficult comapare with the regular relationship kasi lahat ng elements na mahirap and important nasa on edge palagi like TRUST, HONESTY, PATIENT, and EFFORT. Para bang palaging on the test yung pagmamahalan niyo unless if both of you are making each other feel na there is no problem going on. Effort should be coming from BOTH of you. Pag bumitaw na ang isa mahirap na talaga. Regular relationship palang nga ang dami ng misunderstandings lalo na siguro pag malayo kayo sa isa't isa. Temptations are everywhere rin pa naman. Physical intimacy is also an important aspect pa naman lalo na if you are still starting with your relationship.

I think the best way is try to stay positive and also don't forget to live your own life. Don't be paranoid and always bug your partner kasi I'm sure mapapagod yun but at the same time, saying how much you love each other should always be there. Goodluck!  :)

frozen_gurl

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »
One of the hardest kind of relationships - LDR  :'(
The best thing that you can give to the one you love is your TIME , less effort but it worths a lot. ♥ ♥ ♥

polar_bear

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 04:03:26 pm »
I think LDR works if both parties are willing to make it work.   

I know some couple who started as LDR, but are now happily married and together after years of being in LDR.   

Living proof for me is my guy cousin, they had been LDR for more than 5 years before they got married.  My cousin is in US while the girl is here in Phil.  After they married, the girl still stays here in the Philippines for more than a year before she was finally petitioned by my cousin.  I believed their relationship is not easy considering that at that time, there was no internet yet.  They managed to stay together thru long distance calls and snail mails.   :o

Another is my sister-in-law, she was and still in US and her bf is here in manila.. They had been LDR for more than 10 years.  They married early this year and the guy flew to US last month to be with her for good. 

A classmate of mine in college was also in LDR for more than 3 years, and is now with her hubby in US.   :) 

I know 5 more couples who are in LDR and are still happy in their relationship.  Mahirap nga lang daw talaga dahil walang physical intimacy.  Pero mas madali na talaga ngayon ang communication due to modern technology as compared nung wala pang internet. 

heaven_charm

• Junior GirlTalker
  • If there's a will, there's a way
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:54:23 am »
1.5 months na since nakaalis si bf. seaman kasi siya. so far ok pa naman. minsan nagaaway kame bacause of my paranoia pero we talk about it and inaayos talaga namin. nun nandito pa kasi siya we make sure our fights dont last for 24 hours and that rule remains kahit now na nakaalis siiya. btw, going 14 months na yung relationship namin
If there's a will, there's a way

patchi2012

• Napapako sa 500 post
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • mRs. A
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 12:53:16 pm »
For us, it does work.

Despite that 7hrs. time difference, divided by 2 continents. Patapos na yung araw ko, sa kanya naman mag uumpisa.

Got married last year, after 3 yrs. na in LDR, of course mahirap sa kung mahirap, sino ba naman ang gustong magkalayo kayo ng mahal. But we have GOAL kase, we wanted each other and we picture ourselves that we'll end up together. We wanted to build family na. Para ma reach yung goal namin, effort kung effort. Takes two to tango, lahat na ng paraan when it comes sa communication ginawa namin. Nakaka lungkot lang talaga minsan na there we are staring each other in front ng cam, parang magka harap lang, pero eto milya milya ang layo. Then i just feel helpless lalo na pag may sakit yung husband ko.

Though sinasabi nila na mostly ldr couples have issues when it comes sa fidelity, i might say naman na, nasa tao yan. Again, balikan nyo and ask yourselves, ano nga ba ang goal nyo, bat pa kayo pumasok sa relasyon. Ang relasyon kase di lang mabubuhay ng pag-ibig, need mo din e respeto at bigyan ng trust ang isa't isa.

A heaRt tRuLy in-L0vE neVer L0ses h0pe but aLways belieVes in the pr0mise of L0ve, no maTTer h0w L0ng the time and h0w faR the disTance

melaicious

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 01:00:39 pm »
Yes it will work! but will take a lot of effort,understanding, patience and trust.
Life without Love is meaningless...love, love, love..

iceheaven31

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:22 pm »
yes, ldr does work. it depends on the couple talaga how will you handle the situation.

sharing my experience, we, me and h2b, were in an LDR for five months, when i left to work here in KL. that five months included 3 weeks of different time zones, when i was assigned in Tanzania. although merong little issues kasi nagtampurorot ako nung nasa TZ ako tapos halos wala kaming time mag-usap (5hours late than KL/PH ang time doon kasi), pero we adjusted naman and worked things out.

after five months, he was able to follow me here in KL. i can say, that distance was one of the biggest challenges we have endured.

siguro what kept the love going was constant communication, which includes skype and roaming phone number. thankfully, mura lang ang international calls from here in KL kaya steady rin na tawagan siya at least once a day. also, according na rin to some books, it will work if one of you works to be together rin physically in the near future. like us, since i begged him to come here with me, he eventually did. siguro, hindi magwwork and LDR if talagang may distance and walang effort from either na magsettle kayong magkasama in one place.

pero salamat na lang rin talaga kay Lord at salamat sa skype. sabi ko nga sa mga friends kong in an LDR or going into LDR, wala nang excuse kasi may technology na. unlike before na talagang snail mail kung snail mail tapos pictures and an unknown date kung kelan kayo magkikita at magkakasama ulit.

:)

stebsy

• BURLESQUE
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • immortal
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:14 pm »
Yes it does!

Everything in the name of true love is possible. As the cliche goes "If there's a will, there's a way"
It's just how you nurture your relationship. I was in an LDR before for two years. My longest run for an LDR. And now SDR na kami. Going through s*** but we love each other through all this s***. 3rd yr. anniversary na namin mamaya  ;)
i want a perfect ending.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close