watch now

Author Topic: Japanese restaurants!!!  (Read 66029 times)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2013, 01:52:57 pm »
^ I haven't been to Sakura since the Glorietta blast but favorite namin ni hubby ang Sakura salad and tempura udon diyan.

jenger109

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »
my sister and kids, we like roboto-san loc at the fort..  :)

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:09 pm »
We've tried dining at John and Yoko (Greenbelt). Masarap naman for me ang Sukiyaki nila and Cheese Tofu (I usually order agedashi tofu) and soft shell crab. I also ordered their spicy tuna salad. It was ok for me.

Filipinasadhart

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2013, 01:41:25 am »
Paano ba pumunta sa little Tokyo sa makati?

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:22 am »
Inagiku weekend buffet forever (and a day). Itching to try Tsukiji, though.

Currently, my go-to Japanese restaurant is Haru because it offers good value for money. I heard the chef here used to work for Sugi. Anyway, I like the place. Very down-to-earth with a Japanized Cafe Juanita vibe. Hindi na ko bumalik ng Seryna since natry ko Haru.

Recently dined at Yurakuen. Note that we didn't go for yakiniku and teppanyaki. We ordered chirashi sushi, gyudon, and ika mentaiko lang. Ang dry ng food and hindi fresh yung sashimi.

Also recently, we had dinner at Gyumon Yakiniku. Okay naman, pero mas type namin sa Gyukaku.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:59 am »
Dined at Tsumura last night and it was just okay. I was seriously expecting to be blown away after reading the reviews, but like I said, everything was just okay.

We ordered Sashimi Moriawase Ume (Php 890), Amiyaki Beef (Php 470), a couple of T0R0 Sushi (Php 550 per piece), and a cup of Gohan (Php 85). The sashimi, well, I've had better tasting sashimi before. And while the t0r0 had the melt-in-your-mouth quality, it wasn't as flavorful as what I had in Japan. I'm not being a food snob here, honest personal assessment lang. Understandable din naman kasi they import, so not as fresh siguro.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:31:14 am by Frozen Toes »

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »
We had dinner at Wafu, Greenhills a few weeks ago. After googling their menu, we went eager to try out the lobster roll and T0R0 roll. We were dismayed to learn that none of these were available that evening. So, instead, we went with Soft Shell Crab Tempura, Chirashi Big Bowl, Mount Fuji Roll, Hajime Roll, Beef Rice, Watermelon Ice, and Wafu Kitkat.

To our surprise, the food was really good. And I like the restaurant's modern interiors (we got one of the lotus tables). Wafu, I think, is a solid dining option when in San Juan.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2013, 01:42:29 pm »
Last night, we decided to drive all the way to Sucat to try out Hanakazu. I'm so glad we did. Food was great. We ordered 2 pcs t0ro sushi (Php 785), 2 pcs uni sushi (Php 190, only the local variety was available), 8 pcs ebi ten maki (Php 280), yakiniku (Php 450), chicken katsu (Php 260), ebi tendon (Php 340), and shaved melon ice (Php 185).

Hanakazu's t0ro tasted so much better than Tsumura's. Maybe fresher? Willing to go back for it. :)

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »
We dined at Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen at SM Aura few weeks ago. We had the following:

1. Sea Salt Caramel for our dessert
2. Harumaki (spring roll) - we found it medyo oily
3. Asari Butter (Stir fried clam with butter) - We liked this
4. Takana Tonkotsu - Tonkotsu soup with Ikkoryu Takana pickles.

The serving size and taste does not justify the price I think.

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »
^i agree, sis!

sacred cow

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2013, 10:25:33 am »
went to Jboy near Shopwise Pasong Tamo yesterday with my mom's side of the family. mura naman
yung prices and food was decent. hindi nga lang matao kaya if you want a place na affordable and medyo
large group kayo, then this is worth a go

elle_888

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »
I recently tried the gyudon and the spicy tuna roll at kimono ken and yes I liked it.  Masarap sya I will definitely go back for their food.  I also like the rolls at Omakase.  So good.  If you guys want fresh sashimi you can try eating at spirals.  Fresh naman lagi yung selection nila doon.  I heat ngayon.  SAyang naman dati super sarap doon.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2013, 12:30:07 pm »
Not a Japanese restaurant per se but Woo Galbi's sushi is one of the best I have tried recently.

We also tried Wafu's teppanyaki buffet and one of the best that I have tried. The ingredients are of good quality, cooked well and sauces are yummy!

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 09:09:21 pm »
Kimpura Trinoma- di ako nasarapan at ang pangit ng ambiance, nakaka antok at mukang luma at madumi

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »
I recommend SERYNA at Little Tokyo for those who like fresh sashimi. I learned about this resto from Daphne Osena's blog, and since then I've been treating myself regularly to their lunch sets. Mahal sya pag dinner (I don't know why), pero for lunch, a typical set is only P350, kasama drinks :)

Our Awesome Planet has an entry about it:
http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2008/11/seryna-lunch.html

Annie M.

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »
Don't forget to try the KAISEN lunch set. Sarap talaga! Super fresh. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnydu/5604107925/

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2013, 09:13:36 pm »
My hubby and I like Nanbantei at BHS central.

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »
I miss Hanakazu! best sushi for me, pricey but authentic-tasting, and very laidback ambiance. May private rooms din sila for big group gatherings.

Okay din Omakase for me.




vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2013, 12:33:54 am »
Ramen Nagi Manila 5th level SM Aura. The best ramen house for me! Ive tried all famous ramen restos here in Manila and so far this is the same level ramen we had in Japan! Finally!

sabinayodico

  • Guest
Re: Japanese restaurants!!!
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2013, 11:11:57 am »
Not sure this has been mentioned, but Suzu Kin at San Antonio Village is one of the top Japanese restaurants in Manila for me. Authentic fare at really affordable prices.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close