Author Topic: Time management tips for wives and moms  (Read 2760 times)

hedonista

  • Guest
Time management tips for wives and moms
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »
Any tips? How do you handle everything na may time and i mean quality time pa rin as couple?

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »
Be orderly & organized, at home & at work.
Don't sweat the Small Stuff. 
Prepare as much as you can for the next day the night before.
Maintain your sense of  humour.  Don't lose your temper. Do not panic.

sweetut

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:37:52 pm »
^gusto ko talaga mga payo mo sis :)

sayo ko din nakuha yung "kiss" sa OC thread

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:35:40 pm »
it's difficult but possible. My hubby and I both work but with conflicting schedules. His work schedule is early morning (6am) at Makati while I work midshift at The Fort almost all the time (2pm). So pag weekdays hi-bye lang kame talaga :( Pagdating ko from work, tulog na sila ng daughter ko and pag paalis na sya ako naman tulog.

BUT we have learned to maximize our time, and just like what Aquacharly said, to not sweat the small stuff. I get home at around 12mn and before I take a shower, I prepare my husband's things like his clothes down to his socks, that way, kahit pano may 'service' pa din ako na nagagawa for him. I wake up at 830am to eat breakfast and attend to my daughter before I work out. Tapos ako na din nagpapaligo and nagpapa-nap sa kanya. Even if I have a yaya, I want certain things to be done by me especially yung pagpaligo cus it's my way of checking na din kung nasusugatan ba ang anak ko or kinakagat ng mosquitos ng hinde ko nalalaman :P Si hubby naman naga-asikaso sa daughter namin pag gabi. I think that's very admirable cus I dont know a lot of men who are as hands-on just like my husband :)

Pag weekends dun kame bumabawi. Though madalas we go out as a family, pag nights naman we catch up by watching a movie or going out na kame lang.


marose17

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »
My husband and I are lucky because we have the same profession, same work hours and we work in the same city.  The drive to work and going home becomes a sort of bonding time for us.  Usually, we just listen to the radio, talk about the kids or gossip about artistas, co-workers and people we know, mga light conversations lang, anything under the sun.  We make it a point to have a date night (Friday), although sometimes we have lunch during the workweek.  While we have separate sets of friends, we have many common friends.  He may join me and my co-workers for after-office drinks or coffee.  I may also join him and his friends for dinner.  Or sometimes, may kanya-kanya kaming mga lakad.  We usually meet up after such evenings and go home together.

Weekends are usually reserved for our children.  We rarely accept invitations where we cannot bring our children.  We like taking vacations with the kids.   During weekdays, we eat breakfast with the children and take them to school.  Kapag naabutan namin sila na gising pa, we read books together and put them to sleep.

Sa time management aspect,  I applied what I have learned in business school: I delegate.  I cannot be superwoman/supermom, so I delegate.  Yung chores sa bahay, I delegate to the maids.   I attend every parent-teacher conference and school activity requiring a parent to attend.  My husband attends 80% siguro.  I teach my kids on weekends.  However, aminado akong hindi ko matututukan ang studies nila on a daily basis so I hired a tutor for them.   My kids are into football and my mom usually takes them to lessons and practice.

Be organized, have a routine (important ito for young kids), communicate with your husband always and go with the flow.  Hindi kailangang dinner by candlelight or super romantic ang date ninyo.  Just enjoy being with each other. :)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:03:20 pm by marose17 »

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »
^Marose, same tayo. We also rarely go to events where we can't take my daughter. If it's really necessary na we leave her at home, my husband and I usually take a VL on a Friday or Monday to compensate :P

There are times na nakakapagsabay kame pumasok sa work ni hubby and I really enjoy our drive together. Aside from the fact na I can relax and be a passenger paminsan, I like our small idle talks and little jokes while travelling.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Time management tips for wives and moms
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:48 pm »
^ Yeah, kawawa kasi kapag iiwan sila on weekends too.  They are used to not being with us on weekdays pero weekends are sacred talaga.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close