watch now

Author Topic: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)  (Read 182050 times)

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2014, 11:09:54 pm »
I currently have the following in order of preference:
1. Kanebo Allie Longkeep Gel SPF 50++++ Php 1.6k
2. Biore Perfect Face UV Milk SPF 50+++ Php 480 at TPE Marketplace Makati
3. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Spot-Control UV Base SPF 35 (may + din kasi naitapon ko na yung box) Php 1.7k ata
4. Divinia Ultralight Tinted UV Base SPF 30+++ Php 260+

All of them are lightweight. The first 2 have a matte-ish finish and can be worn on their own. Yung second 2 it depends sa skin color. Shiseido has a yellowish tint and Divinia has a slight peachy-pink tint.

All of them can be worn under makeup.

For reference, I have very oily skin, and apply topical acne medication including tretinoin, and I seldom wear foundation on everyday activities.

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2014, 11:46:04 pm »
Is it me or am I the only one who's okay with having a white cast? :))
White cast is very much Ok for me since more likely, it's a physical sunscreen.

Speaking of, has anyone tried the new watson's brand Divinia? They have various lines of sunscreen, even tinted ones and I am very much tempted to try one. I looked up the ingredient list and looks promising.
Ako din ok lang sakin yung medyo may white cast. Kasi I prefer using sunblocks that have zinc oxide and/or titanium oxide as the active ingredient and that's to be expected. We can't have it all. If it reflects light it will have a white cast.

Ang ayaw ko kasi sa non-physical sunscreen ingredients, upon exposure to light nag-s-start na syang mag disintegrate, so you really have to re-apply.

Yung physical sunblock these are pigments. Imagine a film of pigment coating your skin. You need to re-apply IF it gets brushed off or you sweat and it gets removed. E since nasa office lang naman ako, sitting the whole day, parng di naman sya matatanggal. Of course may onting matatanggal when I oil up or I touch my skin, pero ok na ako dun. I don't want to bother myself re-applying pa.

I tried the tinted one of Divinia, yung yellow one bottle na may parang bulitas sa loob na i-sh-shake mo. Ok naman sya, preferred ko lang yung Biore.

KittiEKittiE

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:13 am »
Currently using Celeteque Matte sunblock, ok sa face hindi oily and very affordable pa. I bought Armada face cover 30 as well. Will not try Nivea ever again, nakakapimples :(

mizteaza

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:00 am »
I use the Biore UV Face Milk. Super lightweight parang nagapply ka ng tubig sa face. Or I use my Esprique UV base which also corrects your skin tone and base siya for makeup. No white cast naman ako na encounter on both products.

lonesyndrome

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2014, 06:25:04 pm »
FOUND A NEW SUNBLOCK. Eucerin Daily Face Protection SPF 30. Smells like regular sunscreen. Physical sunscreen din siya and it has a white cast but I don't mind. The white cast goes away quickly. And it's good underneath makeup or alone, whichever you prefer. Pretty okay for my oily skin and doesnt break me out. Great product!

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2014, 08:48:53 pm »
Sis rae correct me if i am wrong pero ikaw yun may blog about biore? Ikaw din nag banggit tungkol sa tpe makati right? If i am right dahil dun hinahanap ko talaga ang tpe sa makati nagkandaligaw ligaw pa ko haha at nahanap ko naman sya. Ano marerecommend mo sis sa mga andun? TIA.

Anyways mga sis di ba may alcohol content yun biore? Hindi kasi ako nag mamake up since hindi naman required sa office. Ok lang ba to gamitin solo? Or pang primer lang sya? Or need pa ng moisturizer?

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »
^ Ang binibili ko lang dun is yung Biore UV Perfect Face, sa reviews, yun yung pinaka-ok for people with super oily skin. I also buy shiseido tsubaki shampoo. Baka mag-explore ako ng hada labo skin care nila soon.

Anyway, it will really dry your skin out if you use 1/4 teaspoon of it as the recommended amount by dermatologists. But I don't, I think it's too much. I use way less than 1/4 of a teaspoon, and ok naman sya. Drying sya for me in this weather because I regularly use topical acne meds na equally drying din, pero I imagine it will be super great in the summer.

Anyway, merong isang blogger na nabasa ko who doesn't wear make up too pas-sosyal(dot)blogspot(dot)com, and she has several reviews of some of the Biore sunblocks. Fortunately, they're available at TPE.

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »
Yey sis i know it was you ;)

Thank you sis for mentioning tpe. Atleast wala na yun hassle ng pag browse sa internet ng mga ig seller who sells those japanese items.

I'll look for that blogger nga. Thank you :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »
^ Ang mahal pala online ng Biore, the one I bought for Php 480, Php 700+ pala sa online sellers.

oktoberfest22

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2014, 02:11:32 pm »
For daily use, HG ko ang Biore UV watery essence SPF 50. Very lightweight (gel type) and absorbs easily. It has absolutely no white cast. Second fave ko ang Biore UV watery mousse SPF 50. Downside is, hindi available dito sa Pinas. Sa online sellers, I saw the essence selling for around P700. I bought mine in Jakarta for only P400 converted.

For outdoor sports, Neutrogena Ultra sheer dry touch spf 50. Wala ring white cast ito. However, I feel that I can't use it everyday kasi baka mag-break out ako. Nasa P500 ang price nito.

For beach or swimming, Nature's Gate Aqua Block sunscreen lotion spf 50. Matindi ang white cast nito and heavy ang feeling, pero combination ito ng chemical and physical sunscreens kaya mas heavy duty ang protection. Last time we went to the beach, hindi namula or humapdi ang face ko because of this. It's also quite cheap, less than P500 for a big tube (a lot bigger than Neutrogena's).

misskim

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:11 am »
I'm using Nivea Liquid Sunscreen. Bought in Watsons around 300+ something.  :)

gabby1027

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2014, 12:00:53 pm »
Mga sis ano pang sunblock na ginamit nyo sa beach na di kayo nangingitim? Thanks.

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2014, 01:33:26 pm »
I'm using the same sunblock oktoberfest22 is using. Nature's Gate Aquablock. Hindi sya basta basta natatanggal which makes it great.

Best part is, it's not expensive. I'm willing to pay more for it, it's a really good sunblock.

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
^hindi ba siya nag run sa eyes? Yung ocean potion kasi ang sakit sa mata. I'll use that na lang sa beach ayoko na ng ocean potion.

May sunblock ba for under eyes? Parang hindi mo kasi lalagyan yun using normal sunblock, or pwede naman i-dabdab yung natures gate kung hindi naman siya mag sting?

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:10 am »
^ Parang hindi sya nag-run, feeling ko I will feel it, kasi I wear prescription contacts :D

Halos para syang toothpaste. As in, andun lang sya kung san mo sya nilagay :P.

Ang alam ko lang na brand na meron for the eyes is shiseido, can't remember the price, pero namahalan ako for a small tube. I apply it as near as 1 cm from the eyes.

Warning: Sobrang hindi sya aesthetically pleasing ha. If gusto mo talaga ng sun protection, and you don't care about looking really white, this is your best bet.

oktoberfest22

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:09 am »
^sis rae, if i remember it correctly, sa iyo ko nga nakuha yung tip about natures gate aqua sunblock. Best sunblock for the beach talaga! At tama ka, sobrang mura nya for the quality and the price.

I use the shiseido sunscreen for under the eyes. Medyo mahal but I think sulit kasi yung first tube ko, more than a year ko ginamit even with daily use. Kasi every morning ko lang naman sya inaapply.  I'm now on my 2nd tube.

sw33tsw33t

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:07 pm »
Nivea Sunscreen yung may collagen is what i use pag on budget ako

Right now, I'm using Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++

RushDB

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2014, 05:04:35 pm »
tinted sunblock from my derma, 3 years nang gingamit (on/off) till now wala akong idea ng spf. I tried belo, the one na may mas mababang spf, pero para akong nangingitim dun.

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2014, 09:02:54 pm »
^ Parang hindi sya nag-run, feeling ko I will feel it, kasi I wear prescription contacts :D

Halos para syang toothpaste. As in, andun lang sya kung san mo sya nilagay :P.

Ang alam ko lang na brand na meron for the eyes is shiseido, can't remember the price, pero namahalan ako for a small tube. I apply it as near as 1 cm from the eyes.

Warning: Sobrang hindi sya aesthetically pleasing ha. If gusto mo talaga ng sun protection, and you don't care about looking really white, this is your best bet.

Paano sa picture sis? Mahilig pa naman ako mag reapply ng sunblock magiging polar bear ba ko sa beach?? I'll try it pag nag beach kami at pwede sa face kasi ang hapdi sa mata..

rae

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16:51 pm »
^ It depends, haha. I don't mind pictures that much e. Shiny sya sa face and body. Sa picture, di naman super white, pero most ng pictures ko, puro malayo e. Pag closeups, for sure, di maganda. Super shiny :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close