watch now

Author Topic: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)  (Read 181850 times)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
^^Pag UVA protection kasi, higher protection talaga ang chemical-based sunscreens. Japanese sunscreens are mostly physical ata, and I think it also has something to do with the formulation, dahil very thin ang consistency ng Jap sunblocks at loaded with more silicones than actual actives - I'm no expert pero yan ang experience ko. I think ok naman sila for daily use and so long as hindi ganon ka-sensitive ang skin mo to sun exposure and subject ka lang to incidental exposure.

^HG ko Obagi, dito lang ako hindi nararashes or nagbe-breakout, hindi din siya nagmimigrate sa eye area kaya ok for me, and yes matte finish, kahit hindi na mag makeup on a good skin day. I tried a physical sunblock from neutrogena sa HK, naka- label pa na for very sensitive skins. Ayun 3 hours after applying may 5 akong tuldok sa mukha, tapos may malaking pimple na lumabas sa side ng face, hanggang ngayon hindi pa gaano nagfefade. Kaya hindi na ata ao gagamit ng ibang sunblock, aside from the one I get from my derma.

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »
1 pa pala reklamo ko sa obagi,may oras na pawis na pawis ako,naku,humapdi ang mata ko.never ko naexperience sa cetaphil tsaka sa alba botanica na sunblock.ganda lang talaga sa balat kasi di na ko nagpupulbos.pagiisipan ko pa kung stick ako dito or try ko yang mga eu sunblock.

iamsuperizch

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2013, 03:52:10 am »
Anyone tried Shiseido’s Perfect UV Protector?  Available ba siya sa MNL?



« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:04:47 am by iamsuperizch »

babyboo.0326

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2013, 04:45:22 am »
I'll try Belo nga soon... Currently kasi I'm using yung Snoe Here Comes the Sunblock Instant Rosy White, SPF45, it's around 250+ ata, if I remember correctly. I use it both for the face and body. It dries agad and it mattifies, although I follow it up with Magic Powder from Bench na rin sa face for lasting matte feel.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2013, 10:46:53 am »
@wicked

nice one sis. oo, mostly physical sila (laging my zinc oxide, like the shiseido one) and super effective nga sa UVB. and yeah, they load it with silicones para "smoother" yung application ng makeup at para hindi daw oily yung skin at hindi "thick" yung feeling. idk that's what I've read.

It's just that I find VMV too expensive for daily use if hindi naman rin talaga ako na.expose sa sunlight. I only use it if I really do get exposed to the sun in daytime. sabi nila dapat pa rin daw magsunblock kahit indoors due to UVA?  :-[ eh, bumili nalang ako ng nivea (the white one) ...

btw, semi-related question, yung "indirect" light from the sun, like the ones peering into windows, considered uvb and uva ba rin yan?

Also, indoor lighting from flourescent lights and the ones from the computer. (adik lang haaha)


HAS ANYONE TRIED THE EDIBLE SUNBLOCK? ;D haha I took a supply good for one month but I stopped because it didnt feel right. parang hindi ma.process ng brain ko na "I'm eating sunblock"

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »
^oo sis, nag-eemit din ng uv rays ang fluorescent lamps and other light sources, although minimal wavelengths lang naman, hindi as damaging as sunlight. Madalling ma-praning, so just use sunblock daily, para you dont worry about such things. Kahit cloudy day kasi, minsan mas mataas pa UV exposure mo.

foreverblue1

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2013, 12:30:38 am »
Anyone tried an oral sunblock? Just read an article about oral sunblock, tempting na i-try... since sometimes I don't like applying anything on my face lalo na pag super init; madali kasi akong pawisan sa face. Hope to hear some feedbacks. TIA!  :)

rlin_0811

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2013, 07:26:47 am »
im using Flawless sunblock since october and so far okay naman. clear gel type siya and not greasy. almost 300php mabibili and will last for months din. naka-tube siya, yung parang teramycin like pero malaki. i use it everyday.

vanity fair

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:52 pm »
^^ I've tried Heliocare capsules.  They say its equivalent to spf 75 but i still put sunblock on my skin, pang supplement lang sya especially when i can't reapply sunblock within the day.

foreverblue1

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2013, 11:17:31 am »
^ Thanks sis! I-try ko lang yong ino-offer ng derma ko, BioAstin. Minsan kasi when I have some pimples, ayoko ng creams or anything sa face ko except my concealer... feeling ko kasi lalong lumalala my pimples.

gurlygirltoo

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2013, 05:30:06 pm »
^I used BioAstin when I went to Boracay last month. It worked perfectly; I wasn't able to retouch on my sunblock after getting out of the water since tinamad ako. Heheh! Then I jetskied and snorkeled afterwards pa. Di ako na-burn. Really worked for me.  :)

Elle

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2013, 10:49:08 pm »
Belo was my HG sunblock when i was in the Philippines. I've used up many bottles of this. Kahit anong panahon, ok na ok gamitin because of the mousse-like consistency. Never broke me out kahit sobrang sensitive ng skin ko. Matte-finish and no white-cast. Now I am using La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 fluid. Medyo malagkit pa din kahit mabilis ma-absorb. Siguro ok lang dito because of our weather here pero in Manila, tingin ko hindi pwede for super oily-skinned gals like me. La Roche is ok as make-up base, keeps my skin matte all day, again, dahil din siguro sa weather. Never broke me out too and the consistency is great. My kids are also using La Roche Posay for kids, yun medyo malagkit pero ok lang it is mild and protects them from the sun during outdoor play.

VainDoll

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »
Naubos un sunblock ko from my derma eh di ako makadaan. May Biore pala ako, been using it for over a week and may gulay! Ang daming naglabasan pimples! :(( nakakaiyak.

strawberrypep

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2013, 07:15:38 am »
Ive been using Yes to Cucumber daily calming moisturizer with spf 30. Physical sunblock sya so it does not irritate my skin. Kapag chemical sunscreen kasi, binibigyan nila ako ng pimples/whiteheads. I also heard that those chemical sunnies can penetrate the skin :( so iwas ako dun. Physical sunnies just stay on top of your face and reflect the light.

Sa consistency naman, ok lang sya, hindi need ng heavy rubbing sa face. Wala ding parabens so another plus for me :)

trenchie

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »
I use Shiseido Anessa Sunblock and Kose sunscreen spray. I love them both! :)

vain

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »
I really hate applying sunblock on my face. I actually skip it and just rely on my foundation's spf.  Until I heard about Anessa and bought it in HK. It is the best out there for me.  No sticky feeling whatsover.  It feels very watery. Even though some sunblocks claim that they are not sticky nor oily, once you use them... we always get the icky feeling. but never with anessa.

douxmadchen

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2013, 08:12:45 pm »
I use sunblock gel w/ spf 45 from my derma. :)

mikewazowski

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2013, 08:51:03 pm »
Pasali :) Best sunblock for oily skin pati pawisin?

krabby_patty

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2013, 12:11:33 am »
I use VMV Armada SPF60 but had some problems with white cast so I layer on VMV Skintangible or Skin Savvy to neutralize the color. It's nice pa naman sana because it's light and non greasy.

I've also tried using Belo Sunblock for the face but I got turned off because it hurts my eyes! This is not recommended to for swimming because it really stings! It's more affordable than VMV and doesn't leave a white cast.

I recently got Avene's tinted moisturizer SPF 50. I haven't used it yet because the color seems so overwhelming. It kinda looks like Caladryl (lol) I will post updates once I've tried it.


Elle

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2013, 06:54:20 am »
^ Sis i will wait for your feedback ha. Ok yan for tamad days. May sunblock na may konting coverage pa. Thanks in advance ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close