watch now

Author Topic: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)  (Read 181746 times)

ilovetigger

  • Guest
HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:32 am »
Hi! I know there's already a best sunblock topic but it's not specific for the face so I created this one. Feel free to merge if needed.

Anyway, I recently bought my sunblock from my derma and I hate it. Tinted kasi siya and since I am not a make-up user, ayoko yung itsura na parang naka foundation. Can you please recommend a good sunblock that is non-greasy, easy to apply, does not look like I am wearing foundation when I use it and is great with acne-prone skin.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated! Than you!

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:54:40 am »
IMO, given the humidity in the Phils --  Shisheido's  ANESSA.  the 1 in the gold plastic bottle does not tint/lighten your face.  The white with blue bottle lightens/illuminates your face.  SPF50. 

It is for the whole body & face --  but we have been using it for a couple of years mainly on the face. 
This is what Cathy Valencia sells in her clinics.  Half-priced, or 1/3 pa nga ata, hehe, if you buy direct from a Shisheido  store.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:15:18 am »
^^Obagi Sunshield SPF 50. Big tube will last you for 3-4 months, has a nice clean finish that mattifies the skin and is great on its own without makeup. Japanese sunscreens are also good options, available locally in stores are Shiseido, Shiseido Anessa, and Kanebo Allie Water Touch. Kanebo Allie being the lightest feeling of the three. Biore is also a good option, but you might have to order online. Note lang na Jap sunscreens are laden with silicones to give that matte finish and feeling, so if this is a clogging ingredient for you might be not the best option.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:28:41 am »
^Ang galing ng info, thanks.

Do you sunscreen under your BB or CC cream pa? 

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:41 am »
^I generally don't like the feel of BB or CC  creams, I find them too heavy. In any case, unless you apply at least 1/4 tsp on your face, it's not enough sun protection kasi yung ang minimum requirement for sunscreen to be effective: 1/4 tsp sa face, 1 shot glass sa body

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 10:49:31 am »
Obagi also for me! : )

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:02:24 am »
^^ngek, dami pala required. Thanks for info

ilovetigger

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
So it's between OBAGI and Shisheido. A bit expensive but I hope hiyang sa skin ko. I easily get rashes kasi and yun nga I break-out pag masyadong heavy. Anyway, may cheaper alternative ba if ever? I just really want a sunblock that doesn't feel heavy and mag mu-muka akong geisha.

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:52 pm »
i use la vanilla i like that i don't get red blotches even after spendng time under the sun, my skin doesn't feel stressed and stays smooth. i don't do well and react to most sunscreens so this, so far, works the best for me. the powder/brush suncreen din raw is good for those allergic to some spf's.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 01:26:37 pm »
So it's between OBAGI and Shisheido. A bit expensive but I hope hiyang sa skin ko. I easily get rashes kasi and yun nga I break-out pag masyadong heavy. Anyway, may cheaper alternative ba if ever? I just really want a sunblock that doesn't feel heavy and mag mu-muka akong geisha.

Sa original sunscreen thread, maraming gumagamit ng Belo and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sa face. Gamit ko before yung US version ng Ultra Sheer and ok siya nung sobrang oily ng face ko, pero matapang ata kasi nagsti-sting face ko upon application.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »
belo! non sticky and feels very light. with an spf40 to boot! i finished 4bottles na. - oily skinned gal. i also like neutrogena helioplex pero may mini- break outs ako dito eh. ok din yun super light. both doesnt give white casts sa pictures. ;)

jenny05

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 02:27:02 pm »
VMV Armada Face Cover 30 for me. It's light and doesn't make my face feel sticky or oily. I think they also have an SPF 45 variant.

xtine

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 03:04:44 pm »
The best I have tried is Hada labo SPF 50.  I've had Shiseido Anessa and L'oreal UV perfect SPF 30 because of the non heavy coverage of both products.  But when I tried the Hada labo one, hands down talaga.  It is a hydrating SPF and a very very good base for my BB cream.  I never do touchups.  Alas, it is not available here in Manila except for few online stores.


marsii

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 03:22:31 pm »
for me belo. kahit oily face ko hindi siya greasy.

happytalker

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:24 pm »
Nivea with spf 50, 300 something pesos, pwede na  :)

5tarfruit

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »
Belo! Been using it for almost two years now. :D It's the only sunblock that doesn't break me out.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »
Ano yung Belo sunscreen? SPF ano? As in for the face? How much?

timetraveller

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »
Maxipeel sunblock. Cheap, and it works. Doesn't make me oily, too (oily skinned here)

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 09:04:42 am »
sis san kayo nabili nun HADA labo sunscreen? tia

xtine

  • Guest
Re: HELP! Best Sunblock for the FACE :)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 09:28:13 am »
^If I may answer sis, sa SG on all watsons and guardian branches.  Meron din sa HK and sa most especially sa JP where it is manufactured.  There are few online stores in multiply that sell these.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close