watch now

Author Topic: France Thread 2 (Paris and all other cities) *Check Pg. 1 for reference links*  (Read 82158 times)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Here in France since Thursday! It's still cold! We sometimes get showers in the morning and late afternoon but sunny and clear in between kaya okay lang. The days are getting longer too. We get light around 6:30am and it lasts until past 7pm na. The Loire Valley is so picturesque! We love driving from town to town, château to châteaus. And since it's off season we literally have the places all to ourselves kaya sarap mag-picture ng picture. Lol!

The people here are definitely warmer and accommodating, nasa probinsya na kasi. Yesterday after we parked our car and on our way to the parking meter, we were approached by an old gentleman who gave us his parking ticket. Apparently he paid for the whole day but decided to leave early. Instant free parking!

:)

purrple

  • Guest
Hi mga sis! I need help on booking for an apartment in Paris.  We're 4 and staying in Paris for 8 days.  San kaya legit na site pwede maghanap?  Which area is recommended?  Thank you!

prettybarbie

  • Guest
Check airbnb, choose 1-6th arrondissement

vhanya

  • Guest
Airbnb is a life saver talaga! We have a last minute europe trip trip this august so i'll use Airbnb kasi mahal na hotels

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
purrple: Depends what you want to see, what type of travelers you are. I've stayed in the 1st arrondisement, and I've stayed in the Marais district (3rd-4th). I was with family (with senior parents) when we stayed in the 1st arrondisement, right across the Louvre and Tuilleres garden. I was with my husband naman when we stayed in the Marais. I enjoyed being in the Marais because it was a trendy neighborhood with plenty of good restos, cafes, and it was close to all major attractions. 1st wasn't bad, but I felt somewhat removed from the center of things. My parents loved it though.  Basically, I would recommend the 3-6th districts if you're relatively young, and like to be in trendy neighborhoods surrounded by nice restos, boutique shops, etc. Next time I think I'd like to stay in Montmartre.

Having said that, the metro in Paris is super efficient, and you're bound to see a metro station everywhere you go.

purrple

  • Guest
Thanks for the reply sis caterpillar-girl and pretty barbie.  I will try checking airbnb now.  I have very limited time. #PanicModeON :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^since you have more than enough time in Paris, I suggest you stay at the outer arrondissements. The apartments there will definitely be cheaper and bigger compared to the ones in the inner arrondissements. The metro/bus stops are plentiful so it's very easy to get around. The metro/bus system (I prefer the metro) of Paris is very convenient, a bit confusing at first but you will get the hang of it in a day or two.

Our experience in renting apartments in Paris (I've been using airbnb since 2009) has been good so far. You just have to check the reviews and response time of the owner/landlord. Try to back read on this thread and the first Paris thread to get an idea on where to stay in Paris. I've already posted a lot of tips here and in the previous one. You can also check my blog for more of Paris.

Enjoy your planning!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:31:26 am by mama squeak! »

^Vain_Chiq^

  • Guest
Anybody been to Cote d'Azur? Where is the area that is nice to stay (excluding Marseille) na hindi masyadong mahal? Will be planning to stay here for 1 week by the end of August.

Edit: We already found a holiday home for rent in Saint Tropez. My question is, are there lots to see in st. Trop for a week? I'm originally planning to book for Nice or Cannes but medyo konti ang options for a good deal apartment. Would appreciate some replies mga sis :).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:44:43 pm by ^Vain_Chiq^ »

mrs. sweet

  • Guest
Hubby and I will be in Paris next month, 4 nights lang kami dun. San better mag stay, Louvre or Eiffel area? Yung easier for us to roam Paris with our limited time lang. I have booked sa may Louvre area, pero parang d ko na type yung hotel, I might cancel it and book sa iba.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^sis my earlier post might help you decide which area to stay at in Paris.

European Tours II Post no. 400

Back read ka rin on this thread and the earlier one to get an idea on your Paris IT.

 

vhanya

  • Guest
I booked this apartment in airbnb for our trip next month. Good location =)

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2568968



mama squeak!

  • Guest
^That's a nice looking apartment! Let me know how your stay was after your trip, might bookmark the place for when we go back. Enjoy your trip!

 :)

^Vain_Chiq^

  • Guest
Already booked the holiday house in St.Tropez. Will be going to Provence on the 23 of August until the 30th. Planning to visit nearby cities such as Cannes, Nice, Antibes, Toulon and of course St. Tropez. Will be skipping Marseille and Aix-de-Provence since we've been there a lot of times already and it's already a 2 hour drive from our place.

vhanya

  • Guest
^That's a nice looking apartment! Let me know how your stay was after your trip, might bookmark the place for when we go back. Enjoy your trip!

 :)

Sure mamasqueak =)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Thanks for the input sis. It's been discussed in previous threads already, one's the summer sale and the other is winter. Actually the summer sale in Paris starts end of June towards the end of July while winter starts 1st week of January to February.

But IMO anytime is the best time to shop in Paris if you are after their designer brands since it is definitely cheaper to buy there compared to anywhere else. Meron ka pang detaxe which ranges from 11% to 13% nett.

 :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:57:44 pm by mama squeak! »

jenger109

  • Guest
hi sisses, ano marecommend nyo na restaurant sa paris? and magandang souvenirs, ano kaya? thanks.. :)

mrs. sweet

  • Guest
^pa-add lang din...any restaurant na romantic yet not super expensive? we'll celebrate our anniv kasi there :)

trendy

  • Guest
I checked the apartments in airbnb paris, bakit parang bihira lang yung may air-con? Ganun ba talaga? Di ba mainit? We're planning to go in May and marami na kong nakitang ok na apartments pero wala lang air-con.:(

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^because they never had the need for it in summer until a few years ago when they (actually the whole of Europe) experienced a heat wave because of climate change. Most of the old buildings there don't even have provisions for a/cs only for heating.

May is still spring time so it won't be as hot compared to June-August summer temperatures. If hindi naman kayo mainitin you might be able to tolerate spring temperatures (20-25C) but if not better look for apartments with a/cs. 

trendy

  • Guest
^Thanks sis. Ang hirap kasi sa apartments sa paris, either walang aircon or walang elevator or both. Di pwede sa min yung walang elevator kasi ang dami naming luggage tapos may 5 year old kid and senior citizen kaming kasama.

It would have been much easier kung hotel na lang pero unfortunately, it's not an option for us kasi my child has multiple allergies kaya dapat may option kaming magluto.

Very challenging ang maghanap ng apartment that fits all our needs tapos ang budget namin is 100 euros max. lang.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close