watch now

Author Topic: France Thread 2 (Paris and all other cities) *Check Pg. 1 for reference links*  (Read 81915 times)

rogue0214

  • Guest
^sis toria we'll be in Paris from August 24-Sept 1.

Here is our itinerary.
August 24 - arrival at CDG airport at 6 am. Rest until lunch time. Then go to Eiffel Tower, Trocadero, Champs Elysees, Arch de Triomphe
August 25 - Latin Quarter, Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, Grand Palais, Tuileries Garden, Lourve
August 26 - Notre Dame Cathedral, Saint Chapelle
August 27 - 28 - Disneyland Paris
August 29 - Montmartre DIY walking tour (Sacre Coeur, Place du Terte, Moulin Rouge)
August 30 - Versailles
August 31 - Seine River, then rest na lang sa hapon
Sept. 1 - Flight back to Dubai

We do not plan on entering the museums since we are travelling with a 4 year old toddler.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:10:25 pm by rogue0214 »

toria

  • Guest
^Hope to see you sis haha!

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Day 1
Arc de Triomphe
Champs-Elysees
-if our flight wasn't rebooked, we'll squeeze in Montmartre on this day. [Sacr?-Coeur, Moulin Rouge]


Day 2
Jardin de Tuileries
Louvre museum
Notre Dame Cathedral
Latin Quarter
Pont Neuf
Galeries Lafayette
Garnier Opera
Place de Trocadero
Eiffel Tower

Day 3
Disneyland Paris

Day 4
Brussels

Day 5, 6, 7
Amsterdam

vhanya

  • Guest
^ parang malabo day2 mo dear. Louvre Museum is huuuge!! Took me 2 days para ikutin buong area

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
^I'm not into museums kasi dear. Hindi na din kami pumasok sa Louvre kasi priority namin yung mass sa Notre Dame. Besides, Monalisa lang din naman ang pupuntahan namin if ever, which is super liit daw. I researched what else to see inside but it didn't tickle my fancy. But I agree, Musee du Louvre is so huge.  :)

vhanya

  • Guest
Ohh so sa labas lang pala ng museum. That's doable nga. Ako kasi, I'm a frustrated archaeologist so i didn't notice the time when I was in the Egyptian Antiquities area. 😜

rogue0214

  • Guest
see you sis toria. hahaha.

Hello mga sis. Has anyone tried the Big Bus Tour? My officemate gave me 2 tickets.

Excited na kami. 1 week na lang.  :) :)



kireinachean

  • Guest
Hi sis any feedback sa big bus tour? we are traveling with a 4 year old and 9 mos old kase, we will only stay for 2 days in Paris, thinking na first day e we will avail big bus tour then 2nd day is Disney.

Any reco for the best area to stay? Thanks

rogue0214

  • Guest
^hi sis. we tried the Big Bus Tour. Ok naman madami na mapupuntahan na tourist spots. We chose the classic red line with 10 stops (Eiffel Tower, Lourve Museum, Trocadero, Arc De Triomphe, Grand Palais, nakalimutan ko na yung iba hahaha)

We stayed in the 14th Arr. malapit sa train/tram/bus stations.

We travelled with our 4 year old daughter. Grabe yung pagod ko nung nag Disney kami. Puro lakad at pila. But my daughter loved it so sulit ang pagod. We spent 2 days in Disney.

Baka mapagod kayo sobra since you will be travelling with 2 kids.
 


kireinachean

  • Guest
^hi sis. we tried the Big Bus Tour. Ok naman madami na mapupuntahan na tourist spots. We chose the classic red line with 10 stops (Eiffel Tower, Lourve Museum, Trocadero, Arc De Triomphe, Grand Palais, nakalimutan ko na yung iba hahaha)

We stayed in the 14th Arr. malapit sa train/tram/bus stations.

We travelled with our 4 year old daughter. Grabe yung pagod ko nung nag Disney kami. Puro lakad at pila. But my daughter loved it so sulit ang pagod. We spent 2 days in Disney.

Baka mapagod kayo sobra since you will be travelling with 2 kids.

Thanks sis, I like to do DIY kaso baka maubos ang time namin sa kakabyahe.

You're from Dubai din pala :) Advisable ba sis ang stroller sa Paris?

rogue0214

  • Guest
^hi sis yes from Dubai 😊. I suggest mag bus tour na lang kayo para di kayo masyado mapagod. Pwede ka magdala umbrella type na stroller para di mabigat kasi puro lakad sigurado mapapagod bagets. Kaya lang di lahat ng metro station may lift or escalator. Sa Disney meron strollers for rent euro 20 per day.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:40:33 am by rogue0214 »

angeljolie

  • Guest
Has anyone been to Pau, France?

minnie99

  • Guest
I just came from Strasbourg and Paris! I've been to Strasbourg in summer last year and heard that it was great to visit around Christmas season because it is the Capital of Christmas. And it did not disappoint at all! Stayed for a night lang but the place was so lovely and lively!! It even snowed when we were there so it added to the magic!

Then we went to Paris after 1 and a half days in Strasbourg. That was my first time to visit Paris. Before, hindi ko talaga dream makapunta ng Paris. I mean, sure, it's one place I'd like to go pero I didn't go last year (chose Luzern over Paris), but finally, I did it!

Paris is BEAUTIFUL. I get why everyone loves it so much. So captivating. We didn't pay for any of the attractions, pero ang ganda pa rin nilang tingnan. Stayed near Gare de Lyon, apparently you can start from there and walk going towards the Eiffel Tower, ang dami mo nang madadaanan na sights.

I loved every single place we visited. Too bad we had only 1 full day and two half days. But we made the most out of it. Would love to come back. :)

kireinachean

  • Guest
hi sis hows the weather? I am traveling with 2 kids next week and medyo alangan ako if super cold or sakto lang? Thank you.

minnie99

  • Guest
Hi sis, everyone's wearing bubble jacket na! I didn't need to wear gloves when I went pero I think it's safe if you bring gloves. In general for me it's super cold kasi hindi talaga ako tolerant sa cold.

I wore 2 layers of heattech (yung pinakamanipis), long sleeves shirt, pullover hoodie and the down coat (overkill hehe), could have done away with the pullover kasi naglakad kami everywhere so medyo nainitan ako. I was also wearing pile-lined stockings and pile-lined sweatpants. It was about 7-10 deg nung andun kami, pero walang araw. Hindi rin umulan.

stormy

  • Guest
^dahil sa post mo sis napatunayan ko na lamigin ako. Oct to Nov kami nandun e lamig na lamig na ako sa hapon.

Iba na siste sa Eiffel Tower area no? Nagulat ako may harang na, galing kami sa side ng Champ de Mars. 2 yrs ago pwede ka lang lusutan mula sa kahit anong side.

Share ko lang yun style ng kuyog at itutulak ka mabuti pag papasok ng train para makuha wallet mo. Isang grupo yun nag try sa amin ng ganun sa RER train.


kireinachean

  • Guest
We went to Paris last week lang from 15-18, yes sis may harang sa eiffel tapos super lamig pa, our first day at disney day e inulan kaya di kame nagenjoy masyado dahil may 9month old kame at toddler kame kaya nagiwas iwas sa ulan.

Ang sister ko nawalan ng phone, halos kakagamit nya lang sa hotel then nagtrain kame at pagbaba ng train wala na. Kaya super paranoid na kame nun, halos lahat ng gamit nasa harap palagi.

And i can say na cleanliness meron pa rin pala ibubuga ang Pinas.

angeljolie

  • Guest
^Parang nakakatakot na mag Paris. :(

Was it super cold?

angeljolie

  • Guest
Meron bang rental ng pocket wifi sa France?

stormy

  • Guest
^^^parang mas madaming masasamang elemento ngayon sa train kaya kahit mas mabagal e mas gusto ko mag-bus pag hindi ko kaya na lakarin na lang. If mayaman lang sana e no, rental car na.


Medyo madumi no sis? Wag na lang talaga intindihin masyado kasi masarap maglakad lakad pa rin. May ibubuga naman sana talaga ang pinas, hindi lang sa kalinisan, ayun nga lang imbes ipreserve natin mga lugar na mayaman sa history e hilig ibenta at gawin mall etc.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close