watch now

Author Topic: France Thread 2 (Paris and all other cities) *Check Pg. 1 for reference links*  (Read 81971 times)

eischied_21

  • Guest
Which map app that can work offline in Paris for iOS?

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
I tried Here app, I used this one when I was in New York, hopefully it won't let me down (wah..lapit na)
My friend told me I can also used Google offline map, I still haven't figured out how this works, haha

luckypal

  • Guest
^^ this is the GPS app that we used in France (and Italy too): http://maps.me/en/home

You need to download the maps before using it and you can also bookmark your hotels, restaurants, and attractions. This app made going around so easy!

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Has anyone gone to Paris by themselves? Di ba nakakatakot to go around, do tours, take the public transport on your own? I'm thinking about going to Paris kasi for 3-4 days for my birthday. Not even sure if 3-4 days will be enough... it's my 2nd time naman but I still want to go do some touristy stuff.

kachich

  • Guest
^Hello! I travelled solo in Paris last year. I was hesitant din at first, but I realized after the trip that Paris isnt so bad. Madami kasi yung kwento about nawalan, nadukutan in Paris. Pero tourist area talaga siya so marami mandurukot/scammer. You just have to be really vigilant, and dont talk to strangers as much as possible. Parang dito lang satin, if you go to Quiapo/ Pedro Gil/Divisoria.

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
^^ @gumdrops26

I also did my Euro trip last year.. and also it's my gift for my birthday..I was in Paris for 3days.
Ok naman, as sis kachich said, you just need to be vigilant, and my belt bag din ako non, hehe.
Safe naman when I was there :D hirap lang mag picture, LOL...but I still survived :D
Enjoy!

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
^ and ^^, thank you! Was taking the train scary especially at night time? I'm more scared about being mugged than anything kasi. Ayoko naman na pag gabi nasa hotel na ko... sayang ang beauty ng Paris at night!

I'm thinking about staying in the inner arrondissements para di masyado hassle... were there any tours during the day that you joined? Walking, bus, anything. And gusto ko rin sana magpunta sa Lourdes... hmmm kasya kaya lahat ng 4 nights?

and yes ang hirap nga ng picture nyan! Haha! Gosh! I don't wanna ask random people.

kachich

  • Guest
^safe naman to take the train even at night time. Pag nagpatake ka ng pictures from strangers, try to ask tourist asians-parang mas safe hehe

Was not able to join any walking tours, although I did sign up ata for Sandman's.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:07:17 am by kachich »

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re taking the train solo late at night, I would be very wary about that. Okay lang siguro if you will be travelling between busy/popular stops since there will be a lot of riders even late at night. Otherwise take the cab or go uber. Or the best option would be to stay in the area where you plan to stay out late para you can just walk it.

Re Lourdes, better to stay overnight. TGV rides are roughly 6 hours one way. Or you can take the overnight train from Paris and arrive at Lourdes at 6-7AM, spend the day then hop on the 4PM TGV back to Paris and arrive around 10pm.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
gusto ko sana magstay in the Louvre area or the Eiffel tower... ok lang ba to walk around either this area at night if I decide to go out?

and reasonable naman yun uber fare? is it cheaper than a cab ride or the same?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^The area around the Eiffel tower is mostly residential/office/embassies so expect it to be a little bit quiet after office hours. Louvre area near Madeleine siguro matao pa at night. If you really want a lively place at night, I would go for the Marais or Saint Germain areas.

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Hello mga sis! Planning to go to Paris-Amsterdam in June. Any tips? Is it better to book with AirBnB than Agoda?
Anong best area sa Paris for hotel accommodation?

vhanya

  • Guest
We stayed near the Champs Elysees area last week in Paris (Hotel La Maison Champs Elysees). Rooms are really big for Parisian standards. We got a suite with sofa, the bathroom has sauna pa! Very happy coz I think I got a really good rate w/ free breakfast. I like this area coz it's very near shopping areas in Montaigne and 20min walk to St Honore. It is also walkable to the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and the line 1 subway is near lang so easily accesible na to the tourist sights and museums.

If you are planning to visit Versailles, go really early coz the security line is really long, also bring a driver's license and rent a golfcart so you can enjoy the gardens :)

chynna_v

  • Guest
^^ Hi Sis did you book a tour going to Versailles? Please advise if full day ito or half day is enough. I want to see the Trianon and Hamlet :)

vhanya

  • Guest
^you can do it in half a day but depends on the line going inside the palace. We lined up for almost 2.5hours!!! So daming sayang na oras. If you go really early during opening hours, you can still do other things back in Paris during late afternoon til night time.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^^I agree. Go first thing in the morning so you'll be at the gate before the chateau gates open. We left Paris on the 8AM RER C train and arrived at Versailles-Rive Gauche station before 9AM. Wala pa masyadong tao kaya nakapag-pa picture pa kami sa harap ng walang photobombers hehe.

No need to get a tour, madali lang naman to get there. To save time in queuing we bought our tickets online and had a print out with us. So diretso na kami pila sa security. We were able to tour both the chateau, the gardens, stables and Marie-Antoinette's estate. We had a picnic lunch at the garden and by 3PM we were done.

Going back to Paris, we took the 4PM train. Konting ikot-ikot sa Champs Elysees then around 6-7PM we positioned ourselves na sa Arc de Triomphe where we waited for the Eiffel tower light show at around 8PM. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:10:29 pm by mama squeak! »

chynna_v

  • Guest
Thanks mama_squeak! I was already considering booking a tour with hotel transfers and it was way expensive compared sa binigay mo na alternative :)

for sis pinkmoscato try considering H?tel Vendome Saint-Germain. Book directly sa site nila at mas mura compared sa booking.com or hotels.com.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
^mas makakatipid ka if you buy the Paris Museum Pass. Included ang Versailles + 50 museums and attractions in Paris.

pinkmoscato

  • Guest
Has anyone here tried joining Sandeman's Free Walking Tour in Paris?
If we purchase Paris Pass, kasama na ba dito yung train tickets? Or bibili pa kami ng train tickets papuntang Versailles (RER C) and Disneyland (RER A)?

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Just booked our plane tickets to paris via cathay pacific's bdo promo. So excited! Will be spending 6 days in paris in april 2018. Which is the best area to stay at in paris? My budget for the hotel for 6 nights is 50k pesos. Thanks  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close