watch now

Author Topic: Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?  (Read 1645 times)

angelzero

  • Guest
Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:35 pm »
It's a pinoy thing to put extra H's on one's own name, or on their children's name. Gusto ko lang malaman bakit gusto ng mga ibang Pinoy na ganito? I want to know from people who actually have these H's on their names. e.g "Jen" becomes "Jhen" or "Mark" becomes "Mhark" etc.

Just curious   :D

inluvewithmikewesten

  • Guest
Re: Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:52:36 pm »
Haha common nga sa mga pinoy ito hindi ko rin alam kung bakit. I remember yong college professor ko, he was in tourist spot in another country and there was like a boulder there where tourist write their names. He saw names such as "Jhun", "Bhong", "Lhen", etc. Napasabi daw siya ng "ah pinoy itong mga ito." Haha

jenny_syngkit

  • Guest
Re: Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:00:31 pm »
Guilty! It was in High school when I added an "h" to my nickname. Uso pinapahirap yung spelling ng name. Like my friend "JOY" will spell her name as "JHOIE".

Nagagalit nga ngayon si hubby, kase karamihan sa may "h" sa names mga jejemon daw. E that's how I spell my nickname na. That's what I use in my email addresses, etc.


megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:41:02 pm »
No offense, but this fad annoys me as much as the jejemon phenomenon. Why turn a beautiful (English) name into gibberish? It's an insult to the original spelling. I can never understand why people think it makes their name (or nickname) special nor sound cool. For uniqueness, I'd rather possess the composite names and attach long list of family names along with the particles (y or de) used during the Spanish era than this. At least it sounds more regal and sophisticated.

iamshiela

  • Guest
Re: Why do you put extra an "H" on your name?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:26:55 pm »
kasama ba dito yung SHIELA? :P

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close