watch now

Author Topic: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST  (Read 17314 times)

Boj

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14:16 pm »
I would choose Ateneo. Love your own eh! But seriously speaking, Ateneo is great because not only does it aim to produce graduates who are, let's say, trained to excel in their chosen fields and more, but it also ensure that Ateneans are given a holistic education. Kaya nga "men and women for others" eh. Plus easy commute lang from where we lived in Taytay, Rizal.

I am forever grateful that my parents sent me to ADMU, considering that we aren't rich. Tama lang. Good luck!

Boj

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »
*ensures

(OC!)

funky f

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »
I went to ateneo though business course ako kaya my vote goes to ateneo.  But here are more compelling reasons why i'd choose ateneo anytime:

Very good in academics.  good facilities, location, teachers, etc. no prob with parking din.

ang gusto ko din sa ateneo is yung very strong theology.  Ang dami ko natutunan dun.

Well balanced din academics and extra curricular.

No preferential treatment.  it was during my time when the daughter of a prominent politician was kicked out bec she cheated.

During my time, wala rin nabubully (may bully ba sa college or pang-GS and HS lang?).

And a whole lot more.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »
Whatever is her interest, she should stick to it. If finances are a problem, UST would be the best option. However, if finances are not a problem, go for DLSU or ADMU (but I'd choose DLSU because of its security system).

DLSU is well-known for their specialization in business and economics.

Pros
Maraming kainan
No smoking in-campus
Security system
Reliable lost and found center
You could choose any schedule for your subject

Cons
Parking!
Structured ang system -- lalo na kapag online enrolment and dropping of subjects

dec_girl

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »
I would suggest ateneo since mas malapit sa place nyo. good school and quality education although I'm from dlsu, I have friends from ateneo so I know you can never go wrong.

angelstandingby

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 12:36:24 am »
i would also go for ateneo.. i think ateneans have a better offer when applying jobs na

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 02:38:28 am »
Setting proximity and financial aspects aside, let your child have a feel of it. Sometimes mararamdaman nung bata kung saan sya talaga eh. I remember nung high school ako, my parents wanted me to go to UP, Ateneo, or Miriam since malapit lang. But I never felt "at home" with any of those schools. Pinag-advance summer classes din ako ng daddy ko sa Ateneo High para ma-feel ko yung campus pero I knew in my heart that I'm not an Atenean. I purposely failed my entrance exams in Ateneo and UP (though pwede pa rin daw ako sa Baguio campus which was a big no) kasi since I was in grade school, dream uni ko na ang UST -nadala ako ng age and yung sa Royal and Pontifical University churva haha. Miriam, pinalagpas ko yung deadline ng submission of application forms. Hehe. I'm a Thomasian but I'm trying my best not to be biased here.

And consider nyo na rin kung which of the three universities eh parang specialization yung ganung line ng course.

billy

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 08:21:05 am »
^sis, alam mo, sa case namin, tama yang "at home feeling." My daughter applied to 3 universities, when she set foot in UST, sabi nya, iba yung feeling, nagustuhan nya agad. Fortunately, nakapasa sya sa first choice nyang course. Pareho kaming Thomasian ng daddy nya, but we never pressured her na piliin ang USTe. Hinayaan namin sya and sobrang nag-enjoy sya at nag-excel sa course nya. She's graduating this March.

amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 01:17:29 pm »
I would also pick ateneo because of the quality of education and proximity. Ust grad ako and mahirap talaga mag byahe lalo na pag wet season. Kawawa ang bata. Kahit sabihin mong hatid sundo siya o may car dahil andiyan na yung ilang hrs stuck in traffic and flooded yung way so not passable.


Red Rack 21

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:56 am »
UST - spoon feeding in terms of teaching style, will enhance your faith in God as we learn to pray every single endeavor  be it exams or competition or decision making in life which is okay  since the chapel( which is more like a cathedral in size) is a few steps away. students are  studying and yet we know how to enjoy life. professors are also very competent. it's more like a community and a univeristy rolled into one. everything is within our reach. hospital, shops, fast food chains, post office, chapels, museums etc.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:38:16 pm by Red Rack 21 »

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:12 am »
^
"enhance your faith in God" - this'll depend on the person. That time, it brought more questions rather than enhance my faith which is the exact opposite. :)

Red Rack 21

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 02:37:32 pm »
^  i stand corrected there...  it depends on an individual :)

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »
And not to mention I celebrated my 17th birthday being welcomed by the baha in UST. Baha talaga yung problem dun and I experienced getting stuck in really heavy traffic for 4 hours - from welcome rotonda to ust. Tapos na yung lahat ng class ko by the time I got there. ;D

jamimi29

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 11:42:06 am »
Shempre if i could, i would like my future kids to study in the same Univ as mine. UST shempre. Haha. :)

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: College: Ateneo, DLSU or UST
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
Totally agree with the feeling 'at-home' thing. :) Mararamdaman mo talaga 'no? Yung you can really see yourself staying in that place for four years as a student. I passed my entrance exams in DLSU, UST, and UP, pero sa UST ko talaga naramdaman yung "at home" feeling. Something about that place.

So for my kid, gusto ko dun din sya sa kung saan sya magiging komportable, kung saan sa tingin nya sya mas magthrive. Kung Ateneo man yan or DLSU, nawa'y may pangbayad kami ng tuition nya. :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close