watch now

Author Topic: All About Breastpumps  (Read 89208 times)

mathet

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:01 pm »
mathet - sis, malaki ang difference ng size ng spectra dew sa M1. Yung dew parang bolang crystal sya, while yung M1, super handy talaga. May reviews pala ako ng breast pump sa blog ko. hihi! share ko nadin. Sana di magalit ang mga mods. http://call-me-mrs-a.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-electric-breast-pumps.html

bonnysolace - sis, i know someone na nagbebenta ng Avent single electric breastpump. Can you add me on FB para ma message ko sayo yung complete details nya? here's my e-mail: katrinac@pcmall.com ; or if you want ng durable na breastpump sis, check babymama.ph

wow sis... ang ganda ng reviews mo.... hmmmm... mukhang magkasize yung spectra 350 ko sa 300 mo :)
kapag bibili ako ng another set ill get the m1 na lang siguro :) ill try to wait baka magkasale pa.... sabi kasi ni babymama sis m1 will breakdown daw if exclusive pumping ( kapag yun lang siguro yung pump mo) kaya i decided to get the 350 na lang.... pero its worth it.... di na ko nagfoformula :)

spectra fan here too
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:24:27 am by mathet »

anniegurl

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:59 pm »
any reviews on Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump Starter Set?

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »
anniegurl

I don't know what that is, pero try mo to buy medela freestyle at medela house near robinson's magnolia.  One of the girls here mentioned that place and that's where I buy storage bottles.  Konti lang difference from the one my sis bought in the US. At 1 month and 12 days, I can make 2.5 oz in 2 hours or 3.5 in 3 hours. 

I'm so happy even though puyat ako kasi I can supply my baby's milk na. I used to ask for milk from friends kasi my former kakainis na yaya overfeeds my baby to sleep. 

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2014, 11:55:28 pm »
any reviews on Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump Starter Set?

Sis, I think phased-out na tong model na to. This has been replaced by Swing Maxi (this is what I am using) - same sila double-pump. Parang compact version ng Freestyle.

You should visit Medela House. The Medela moms there can explain to you the differences and similarities between pumps so you can determine which one will work best with you and your lifestye.

anniegurl

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:27 am »
mga sis you the exact address? is it inside rob magnolia?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:17 am »
^ not in the mall, sa one-way street tapat ng basement parking entrance/exit. Malapit na sila sa Family Mart in Gilmore.

Exact address is: Medela House, #29 1st St, New Manila, QC
Contact details: 0917-5614366, 725-3723, 738-6272. Or email medelamoms@gmail.com

They're also on FB: MedelaMoms yata yun

You may call for appointment, to make sure me makaka-assist sa yo when you go there.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2014, 05:39:12 pm »
anniegurl

My driver said it looks like an old house, just don't be surprised. Goodluck!

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »
^I've read here na need magpump after 6 weeks of delivery? Going 6 na ako pero wala ako plan bumili ng breast pump hehe need ba sya talaga? Working mom ako pero for now direct feeding si baby. Naisip ko kasi pagbalik ko from work magstop na BF.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2014, 04:24:24 pm »
+arte20+

Started pumping even before the 6th week.  It's not as painful as latching but still uncomfortable when you do it every 2 hours.  Go ahead and buy na at medela house.

mathet

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2014, 05:25:33 pm »
^I've read here na need magpump after 6 weeks of delivery? Going 6 na ako pero wala ako plan bumili ng breast pump hehe need ba sya talaga? Working mom ako pero for now direct feeding si baby. Naisip ko kasi pagbalik ko from work magstop na BF.

naku sis, if you will buy an electric breastpump better be sure na willing ka pa magcontinue magbreastfeed... di basta bastang sacrifice, same tayo ng age ni baby pero ilang days lang ako nagdirect tapos puro pump na.... nakakapagod din...

i just think na its best for baby na milk and mas makakatipid vs formula in the long run (though mahal din breast pump) para ganahan.....

+arte20+

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »
^Siguro i'll try muna yun manual pump kung madami ako mapoproduce na milk. Any reco? Kasi i think need ko din magpump sa office once pumasok na ulit ako. Sobrang sakit sa boobs at ang laki nya pag hindi naglatch si baby. Parang punong-puno sya. Napansin ko yan kanina nung umalis ako ng bahay and been away for almost 8hrs. Buti nakapads ako or else tumulo na yun milk sa shirt ko.

funky f

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »
Make sure lang to pump regularly, sis.  Ganyan nagstart mawala milk supply ko -
Pag hindi ako nakapump as scheduled.  This is just me ha, pero ako, electric pump talaga reco ko.

dreamweaver83

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2014, 02:17:19 pm »
Just realized na pumping takes so much work.. I actually regret buying a manual pump kasi di siya okay para sa mga tamad na katulad ko. :) My baby's only turning a month old this week and I'm still on maternity leave so I've been holding off on building my milk stash but I know I have to start soon. I have the Medela Harmony and I've only pumped (and dumped) a few times just to relieve engorgement but I don't see myself using it a lot. It's bad enough that you have to manually pump your breasts for a few minutes to an hour but you have to sterilize bottles pa tapos transfer to a pouch, thaw the breast milk and use a bottle warmer when you have to feed the baby. Not that I didn't think about this when I bought the pump, but because I didn't have any experience, I thought it was going to be easy and painless to do it kasi. Anyway, the point of this lang is that now I feel like I have to buy an electric pump to be able to build up a stash so sayang yung manual that I have. So advice lang sa mga ibang moms-to-be dyan especially the first time moms, if you don't feel like doing extra work apart from the other activities that caring for your baby entails, get na lang an electric.

mathet

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2014, 06:23:52 pm »
yes sis... its really a lot of work....

ang pro ko lang na nakikita is pwede kang makaalis fir a few hours even if you prefer to exclusively breastfeed your baby...

im a very outgoing person kaya nung nabuntis ako.... after 6 months di na ko nakapunta ng manila... province based na kasi ako :( then pagkapanganak for a month bihirang bihira na ko nakalabas dahil cs din ako and wala pa kong yaya.

we have to bring baby with us just to eat out or para makalanghap ng sariwang hangin...

but post partum i often cry a lot together with the baby :)

so up to now, i choose to pump and exclusively breastfeed my baby... bec. i want to give the best to her kahit nakakapagod and to save na rin in the long run.

pero double electric would definitely save your time and effort. yung dew 350 ko pa is directly compatible with avent naturals so less bottles to clean.

ADD pala, it eould be handy to have a portable one like cimilre m1 para you can pump anywhere like in the car. iniisip ko if i reach until december that i can exclusively breastfeed, ill buy cimilre m1 din :)

einjhel

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2014, 09:45:42 pm »
sa mga may medela Freestyle double electric breastpumps, pinapaservice cleaning niyo rin ba yung pump niyo sa medela house? sabi kasi dun pag heavy user ka need daw cleaning ng motor every 3 months? talaga bang dapat i-cleaning ang motor ng freestyle?

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #335 on: October 15, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »
^ I will ask later when I visit.  I need to buy additional accessories.  Breastshield ko yata undersize

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2014, 04:07:28 pm »
I thought I was sold on medela but have been reading great reviews here on Spectre and Cimilre. Does baby mama sell spare parts for the two and support repair?

Also, what bottles will fit the pump? Will Avent or Medela bottles fit? Those are what I have on hand at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:10:22 pm by khriseeee »

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2014, 04:08:01 pm »
^ ako din, I plan to visit Medela House within the month. Currently using one size 27 and one size 24 shield. Pero feeling ko dapat size 27 na din yung isa..

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:53 pm »
I forgot to ask about the service.  And I don't know if they will service my pump kasi I bought it in the states. I just got nalang extra accessories para while i let it air dry may ready to go na ko.  Going back to work tomorrow.

imaevelasquez

  • Guest
Re: All About Breastpumps
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2014, 04:00:51 am »
HI mga sis, I'm currently using manual pump and planning to buy an electric pump. Any feedback on Spectra Cimilre M1? :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close