Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118640 times)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »
^ sis iAmMariee:  aww thank you.. :) regarding sa open bar we allotted Php 45K budget lang muna for the drinks (cocktails + reception) non alcoholic at alcoholic drinks na yun then we told amanda na i-advise ako pag naabot na namin yung 45K just so I know lang pero hindi naman namin pagbabayarin yung mga guests. we reached the 45K mga halos 9PM na during the dinner so not bad. more or less inabot lang yung drinks namin ng 50K eh malalakas din uminom ang guests namin. lahat ng guests actually nalasing hehe..

we had 62 adults + 14 Kids :) btw. xoxo

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #421 on: October 13, 2014, 06:34:32 pm »
^^ thank you sis

It looks like hindi kaya [textspeak!] bora hop na iniisip namin from a logistics stand point. So we're looking into Asya. Kaso when they sent over their reservations agreement, we were informed na there's a 3 night room requirement. Sa mga sis natin na selected Asya, is this part of your contract as well? I've backread previous posts and ang pagkakatanda ko walang room requirement ang Asya. Baka lang I missed it. TIA

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2014, 07:01:35 pm »
sis chicgurl - oh wow, anlaki din pala!  I didn't realize that haha thank you sis for sharing - super appreciated!  Now I need to work on our budget lol or baka mag-iced tea na lang sila  :P

sis bheldandi - wala kaming room requirement but matagal na kasi nung nagpa-reserve kami.. and then sometime during the planning stage, I asked for their updated package and I noticed may room requirement na nga sila..  don't let that throw you off sis, kasi I think you will need atleast 2 nights sa resort, check-in kayo the night before the wedding, then 1 night ulit during the wedding..  and if separate room kayo ni hubby for the preps, that's another room night so 3 nights na yun.. although may kasamang 1 night yung sa package so you still need 1 night.. maybe some of your guests will book din sa asya ;)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:11 pm »
yung sa amin merong room requirement.. :) the wedding was April 2014, we booked it March 2013.

@iAmMariee: depende naman sa inyo sis kung ano ang budget niyo for the drinks. Ayaw lang kasi ni hubby na magbayad ang guests for drinks gusto niya inom galore at walang nagiisip ng how much ang babayaran nila. pwede naman kayo maglock ng 20K? or less depende sa budget niyo.

and by the way YES kada request mo from Amanda and Asya lahat yun may bayad :) walang free :)

prettyrosedale

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2014, 11:41:09 pm »
yung sa amin merong room requirement.. :) the wedding was April 2014, we booked it March 2013.

@iAmMariee: depende naman sa inyo sis kung ano ang budget niyo for the drinks. Ayaw lang kasi ni hubby na magbayad ang guests for drinks gusto niya inom galore at walang nagiisip ng how much ang babayaran nila. pwede naman kayo maglock ng 20K? or less depende sa budget niyo.

and by the way YES kada request mo from Amanda and Asya lahat yun may bayad :) walang free :)

Hi there ms chicgurl! watched your SDE! you're so pretty I don't know kung paano ka napagkamalang tour guide! (I was back reading your posts!) anyway, did you bring alcohol? I'm thinking about bringing hard liquor instead like patron or hennesy and margaritas for the ladies!

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2014, 01:58:43 am »
chicgurl hahaha alam mo ba sabi rin samin yan na if reception is by the shore, normally hindi pwede pero dahil Amanda is our coordinator daw, magagawan yun ng paraan if we choose to do it there. Gusto kong matawa nun, sobra! And yes, nagtaas na nga siguro sila! The pinaka-"basic" room nila, the Premier is 18k, tapos the Villa is 30k pala, sorry na-exag ko sa 35k! Ahh, kaya pala that long stretch of sand next to Asya has construction going on, new resort pala! Who's it by?

bheldandi We have the 3 room night requirement na rin. It's reasonable pa naman (compared to ShangriLa's 10 rooms) kase you check in the night before, you need another separate room for when you two are getting ready on the day, so that's technically 3 room nights na! Plus you have that free night that you can use for the night of the wedding. So keri pa naman. :)

iAmMariee I have the drinks price list from Asya if you like? We asked for it when we went to see them a week ago, so very recent!

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »
^ uu nga sis. I emailed Amanda about the options I have in mind for those 3 rooms and I'll just wait for her feedback. Can I just say that Amanda is such a blessing. There's a set of wedding pictures that h2b and I fell in love with from Mayad. Because of that we were initially thinking of booking them for both photo and video. When we requested Mayad for that photographer, we were disappointed to find out that he is no longer connected with them. Amanda came to the rescue and provided the name of the photographer and the company he set up. On top of that, she also provided a list of boracay based videographers who not only shoots using our preferred style but were former videographers of Mayad as well. They just branched out and set up their own studio. Best of all, their rates are way, way lower.

Sobrang sulit talaga ang bayad kay Amanda. I've just been working with her this month pero feeling ko nakuha ko na yung return of investment ko.

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
^I have photos of their villa, and the lady from Asya who showed us around said the reception area is somewhat as big as the Premier suite room. Let me know if you want to have a look at it. :) and pa-share naman these ex Mayad P/Vs if ok lang!

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2014, 04:23:20 pm »
@prettyrosedale: hi sis thanks heaps.. napagkamalan akong tour guide because nagliliderlideran ako haha i was the pack leader hahaha :) we did not bring any alcohol with us because we already asked Amanda to buy it for us. Kasi dagdag pa sa bagahe namin yun. Pero yung mga natira na alcohol naiuwi pa namin abroad nilagay lang namin sa check in baggage :) we had patron, grey goose, bacardi etc name it we have it haha bilang andaming manginginom sa guests :)


@gj1206: for some reason Amanda is very powerful in Boracay hehe from what i have heard the Tirols used to own the whole island ata.. don't quote me on this because I am not 100% sure a little bird just told me ;) pero yun nga advantage yun of getting Amanda since she would really try to make it happen whatever you want. The little bird told me the new resort ata will be "Marriott", again not 100% sure..

One thing pala I was not happy with Asya that time was the breakfast included in the room package haha nasanay lang siguro ako sa Shang na Grand Buffet ang breakfast sa Asya, plated you will choose from their menu.. hehe wala lang..

at yes super sulit si Amanda at dapat sulitin diba?! haha sa mga kumuha sa kanya I am sure you know what i meant.. nagtaas na nga daw siya.. grabe. winner ang business haha ;)

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #429 on: October 15, 2014, 07:46:04 am »
@gj106 sis thanks. Pwede pasend na lang sa email ko? It's bheldandi@yahoo.com For Photos it's Pleiocene. Von is the owner. I think he is the former Sr. Photographer of Mayad. For videos naman Amanda gave us Benjo Hilario and My Revery. Benjo makes stunning films, akala mo movie talaga yung pinapanood mo. My Revery naman maganda ang flow nung mga videos nila, very touching lage. Let me know if you'd like me to send their rates sa email mo.

Booked na ang Big 3 ko - Coordinator, Venue and P/V. Pinterest mode muna ko to get more wedding ideas. Hihi

Bora.Nov2016

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #430 on: October 15, 2014, 10:41:27 pm »
@chicgurl : thanks for the tip! right now, we are leaning towards bringing in bottles na ren para maring shots shots. hahah and yes, rooms at Asya increased.. i'm scared lalo na sa 2016 pa ko. i cant lock the room prices daw :(

@iAmMariee : re: drinks- Amanda said for 50pax, okay na 30,000 esp unlimited soda/iced tea naman. AND 2 MONTHS! wow, so exciting! can't wait to see your photos! who's your video/photographer pala?

@bheldandi : i'll shoot you an email to get rates for your P/V :) thank you! and by the way, Asya 3 room requirements has been around. So much better than Shang, I think Estacio young walang requirement.

@prettyrosedale : thinking of bringing bottles too, sis! haha it's cheaper talaga.

gj1206 : hi sis, kamusta vacation? yeah, thinking of not using Kalibo at all. And please share naman your Asya room photos. what's your e-add, i can shoot you an email!  maganda ba for prepping photos. does most rooms have ocean view? ..re: drinks - we are leaning towards buying hard liquor and wines.

Next on our to do list is P/V - stressful kasi SUPER expensive. HAHHA!

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #431 on: October 16, 2014, 09:53:37 am »
chicgurl Sabi rin yan ng guy friend ko -- "oh yeah that's good, the Tirols own Boracay" when he asked who my coordinator was. Doon ako na-sold, bukod sa good reviews. Haha! Oh gosh, I hope hindi pa maitatayo yang resort na yan in a year bago kami ikasal! Ang selling factor ng Asya for me is the privacy of their beach front, as in walang tao! Not unless nageffort kang maglakad all the way there, and nilakad namin ni fiance from Asya back to D'Mall at walang ka-tao tao along their side, bukod na lang sa guests nila.

bheldandi Hope you got the email and clear ang photos! I didn't have wifi when I sent it, so hopefully okay pa rin. Let me know na lang if hindi nakarating!

Bora.Nov2016 If you use Kalibo airport kase, you can have baggage up to 30kg yata? Mine was 20kg that time. Pag Caticlan kase 10kg lang, e good luck na lang if may dala-dala na kong gown at kung ano-ano pang props kung maisipan ko man mag DIY. Ang travel time nga lang talaga, medyo kaloka. My email is heygemmaaa[at]gmail.com ! Okay naman, pero don't make effort with the villa. Nasa taas kase sila so natatakpan ang ocean with the other buildings and halaman. I don't know lang if it's just their showroom villa ang ganun ang view. Wala daw kase available na Premier or Presidential suite to show us, sayang. I think si sis chicgurl Asya nag prep, mukhang okay naman! At yes, problem ko rin yang P/V na yan! I didn't realise ang mahal pala ng rings namin kaya ayan, pagkalaki-laki ng kinuha niya sa budget.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:24:12 pm by gj1206 »

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #432 on: October 16, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »
sis Bora.Nov2016 - yes, anlapit na  ;)  My P/V's are from Manila pa.. Cinemaworks + J Lucas Reyes  :D  30K for the drinks is still very steep for us, but I'm running thru our list now, thinking of dropping the fireworks or sailboat to keep the cost down.. we will see..  ;)

gj1206 - thanks sis for sending the drinks list..  ;)  Caticlan kami and concern ko din yan.. so what I'm gonna do is send my DIY's to Amanda in advance, ship ko nlang sya LBC or something, she said she can send them back to me too so para di ko na sya isipin on the flight.. and I think mas mura din yun rather than paying for excess baggage..

sis chicgurl - palaging nagpopost si bnb ng pic mo sa IG nila, meron ulit I saw yesterday ;)

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #433 on: October 17, 2014, 06:57:15 am »
@Bora.Nov2016 Sure sis, I'll be happy to forward their rates.

Medyo mabagal lang magreply ang P/V suppliers ko. Maybe I'm just used to Amanda na mabilis magreply. Btw mga sis, since destination wedding ang satin, how soon did you send out your Save the Date?

prettyrosedale

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #434 on: October 17, 2014, 09:44:51 am »
sis Bora.Nov2016 - yes, anlapit na  ;)  My P/V's are from Manila pa.. Cinemaworks + J Lucas Reyes  :D  30K for the drinks is still very steep for us, but I'm running thru our list now, thinking of dropping the fireworks or sailboat to keep the cost down.. we will see..  ;)

gj1206 - thanks sis for sending the drinks list..  ;)  Caticlan kami and concern ko din yan.. so what I'm gonna do is send my DIY's to Amanda in advance, ship ko nlang sya LBC or something, she said she can send them back to me too so para di ko na sya isipin on the flight.. and I think mas mura din yun rather than paying for excess baggage..

sis chicgurl - palaging nagpopost si bnb ng pic mo sa IG nila, meron ulit I saw yesterday ;)


@Bora.Nov2016 Oo sis magdadala talaga ako ng alcohol maybe I'll ask Ronald Soncio if I can send it to him!

@iAmMariee lapit na pala wedding mo! grabe ako malapit na magcountdown ng 365 days! I was planning on sending all my DIY kay Ronald too hopefully he says yes, I didn't get amanda kasi sobrang taas na talaga ng rates nya tapos yung OTD niya nakalagay hindi siya yung magaasikaso sa mismong araw ng event kumabaga siya lang yung support before the wedding. So what for? The next best person na naesearch ko is Ronald. Did you get full coordination?

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #435 on: October 17, 2014, 08:33:19 pm »
Quick question for Asya brides -- I was just looking at the event reservation form, and was wondering when do they input kung kelan ka mag first payment and the full payment? After mo ba magbayad ng reservation they send you a full contract?

bheldandi ako rin hindi sanay sa mabagal, for some reason. I'm used to 24-hour replies, so medyo kelangan kong iadjust ang aking expectations! Hehe. And as for Save the Dates, we're just doing it via Facebook/email (tipid eh), and roughly a year before. Kaya I'm rushing to do a website, kase para people can see if they can make it (they can look at flights and stuff and check finances), so I can invite people from my secondary guest list.

iAmMariee ooh, good idea! If ever man maisipan kong may time akong mag DIY, ganyan na rin gagawin ko!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:37:41 pm by gj1206 »

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #436 on: October 18, 2014, 11:42:21 pm »
firstly naeexcite ako for all of you tee hee! kahit tapos na yung sa akin nakaka excite mabasa ang mga upsates niyo.. happy preps ladies :)

gj1206: after reservation matagal bago kami nagbayad ng 1st payment bilang antagal pa nung sa amin that time.. i remember it was October ata when we paid our first payment as long as advise mo lang si leslie ng ASYA..  nag reserve kami April then October yung 1st payment then Feb yung final payment kahit na march pa yung due. pero after the wedding may binayaran pa kami pag ka check out namin :) haha oo yun din ang gusto namin sa ASYA private kasi dulo na haha i am sure matagal pa yang construction i heard that Aug last year until now wala pa din nauumpisahan diba? ang selling factor naman sakin was the steps/stairs hahaha wala lang feel ko kasi talaga maglakad ng mahaba/malayo lol.. when we first visited Asya tinatakbo namin araw araw ang station 3 to 1 and back - morning jog.. effort ha! haha

iAmMariee: oo nakita ko nga din sis hehe kakatuwa.. actually may 2 pang naemail sa akin for a feature kaso hindi ko maasikaso andami ko kasing ginagawa sa office. rebellious bride ba yun? and bridalbook ng summit media. next time na lang lol

about sa air travel as much as possible we wanted caticlan but, bilang halos half ng guests galing sa abroad andami naming bagahe so mas mahal babayaran namin kasi per kilo na ng bagahe yun eh sa kalibo hanggang 30kg pwede per pax. ako nga nanghiram pa ng baggage allowance sa friends ko for my dress kasi nasa 8KG din siya at di pwedeng hand carry dapat check in kasi malaking box.

about asya preps; sa asya kami nag prep pareho ng hubby ko.. actually magkatabi kami ng suite haha kaya nakakatawa yung team ni amanda kasi para kaming nasa movie kasi andami nilang nagrraadyo tapos iniinform yung isang team pag lalabas ako at mag ppipicture eh bawal magkakitaan diba? that time kasi Asya screwed up a bit muntik na akong mag bridezilla galore buti ginawan nila ng paraan kasi magwawala talaga ako hahaha yun nga lang magkatabi kami ng suite pero carry na..

post pics agad ha? exciting!!

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #437 on: October 19, 2014, 12:00:44 pm »
^ sis pareho tayo. Yung stairs din ng Asya ang nag-seal ng deal for me. Compared sa ibang resorts sya ang pinaka dramatic yung entrance. Pag hindi pa naiyak yung fiance ko hindi ko na lang alam. hahaha

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #438 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »
^ oo dramatic talaga sis.. lahat ng guests namin umiyak.. kalerks haha

darkhorse

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2014, 09:23:29 pm »
@gj1206: hi there! I am also an Asya bride :)

Pwede mo rin ba send sa akin pics from Asya and cocktail list. My email add is valido.thea@yahoo.com.

Salamat!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close