Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118696 times)

annamarie88

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »
The h2b just told me na sa halip 5 years ang Boracay (2nd) wedding namin, ay sa 2016 na pala! Hihi soo excited!! Church and then sa beach na ang reception, thinking Discovery, Shang or Boracay Regency kasi favorite hotel namin yun sa Boracay maliban sa Mandarin :D sagot namin 3d 2n accommodation, sa guests yung airfare.. need to do my research already :)

princessweetah

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #401 on: September 19, 2014, 12:01:38 am »
The h2b just told me na sa halip 5 years ang Boracay (2nd) wedding namin, ay sa 2016 na pala! Hihi soo excited!! Church and then sa beach na ang reception, thinking Discovery, Shang or Boracay Regency kasi favorite hotel namin yun sa Boracay maliban sa Mandarin :D sagot namin 3d 2n accommodation, sa guests yung airfare.. need to do my research already :)

Hi annamarie88!

I am a 2016 bride too! Do you have a date in mind na?

tWicked

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #402 on: September 19, 2014, 07:56:31 am »
Hello princesswetah!
I got married in DSB in January. My choice then was either Shangri La or DSB but DSB was more accomodating and has a better beach front, in my opinion.

I highly recommend DSB! World class service, very friendly and accomodatig staff. You wouldn't have to worry about anything! Of course, all with Amanda and team's help.
In terms of price, same range lang with Shang. Same room requirement lang dn.  I think Shang has more freebies in the package while
DSB naman sa food binawi. So halos same lang dn.

Happy to help if you have other q's. 👌


princessweetah

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #403 on: September 19, 2014, 08:16:52 am »
Thanks tWicked!

My preferred date is booked w/ Shang at Asya na. So I'm left left w/ DSB.

After rechecking all the 3 venues again, I realized that DSB is too modern for us. We want to showcase the Philippine style. Though you're absolutely right about the food! That's my dilemma now.

We are now willing to change the date and as of now, Asya is our choice. We love Shang but our prob lies sa after party. I read someone had an after party sa isang villa. My fiance wants outside the resort.

What do you guys think about Sol Marina when it is completely done?
They share the Punta Bunga beach with Shangri La. I have a connections there and are convincing me to have wedding there. So I wonder if it might be the next new thing since my wedding is not until 2016.

I've never been to Bora and my orig plan was to plan my wedding after I go next year. Apparently, a couple of days ago I emailed venues and found out that my preferred date is booked already. Ayan nagpanic mode tuloy ako! lol

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #404 on: September 19, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »
^ promising sis ang Sol Marina. the beach front is just awesome and very very private. the whole stretch is yours =) meron silang bibigay sa yong Plan B in case it rains. I think next year Feb ok na daw yung buong Sol Marina. we had our wedding there last July.

annamarie88

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #405 on: September 19, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »
Hi annamarie88!

I am a 2016 bride too! Do you have a date in mind na?

Hi princessweetah! Wala pa eh kasi hindi pa namin alam kailan uwi ng Mom ni h2b sa 2016 from the us after ng 10 year stay nya doon.. Saka magresearch pa din ako when is the best time, para hindi ulanin.. Hehe ikaw ba kailan? :)

darkhorse

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #406 on: September 20, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »
hi guys! I was in wedding hibernation! haha!!! trying to get back to preps!

hope everyone's family is safe from the typhoon! Be safe everyone.

And to all new members , welcome! I have been updating myself with the thread lately, keeping up to date with things!

We moved our wedding from Feb to Jan 2016! So getting excited to be in the wedding preps frenzy again.




gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #407 on: September 22, 2014, 04:27:25 am »
Omg princessweetah Shang and Asya are booked na for a 2016 wedding?? Ambilis! Medyo ninerbyos ako dun ha, because mine is 2015, and we're only heading there this October to do ocular. Hopefully the date we want is still free! *cross fingers*

How's everyone doing with their preps? I think once we've settled the venue, we can book the P/V and HMUA na since my fiance and I have decided who to get. Invites, the dress, flowers, and decorations na lang! (Ang dami pa rin huhu)

clairemybear23

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57:55 am »
^ sis gj ayy i am not sure.. kasi pag si amanda nagbobook usually may discount siya sa mga suppliers kung direct ka kay fern baka yung regular rates niya siguro? not sure hula ko lang hehe unless eh nagtaas talaga siya.. alam ko kasi yung rate na bigay samin ni amanda per head is Php 1500 per head HMU na yun sa team ni Fern.

chicgurl salamat sa message sis! I've watched your sde for the nth time na siguro. I even let my hubby watched it and super nagandahan talaga kami! We are having a March 2016 church wedding then Asya reception. Super init na ba yun? concern ko kasi is our guest coming here from Australia and how they will be able to cope inside the church at around 2pm wearing suits and dresses? lol im planning to have a cooling station outside the church na nga lang. Also, We are planning na beachfront reception plus setup pero sabi ni Leslie hindi na raw pwede because of the ordinance however when i was talking to AManda, she said that we can still have that and she talked to leslie about it so pinush na namin na beachfront reception at setup. Soo happy we got Amanda as early as now. Very helpful sa details kaya lang every inquiry and setup is an additional payment..   :'(
hoping she can still haggle a bit more  sa price kase sa Asya palang super magasto na with all the tax/ surcharge..

We already booked Asya, Amanda and church first para masigurado ang dates kase they said na better early kasi peak season yan. Even this early and dami ng nag bo book for 2016. I will just get local P/Vs, HMUA is not a prob since I have a friend who will do that for me and my entos and mums. Our DJ is also a friend that can just play the songs that we wanted from cocktails to end of reception. I dont know pa if necessary to get church choir or just a music player will be alright sa church??

My concern also is transportation.. sis, tulong.. my aussie guests are all excited and wanted to book flights same as ours from AUS to Manila. My prob is from Manila, uuwi pa kmi ni hubby to roxas city and our guest will go directly to kalibo/ caticlan.. Is there a bus tours/ transpo service na mag cacater sa kanila upon arrival sa airport going to their hotels in boracay? Kase diba before going to bora ang dami pang process and ticket fees sa jetty port since all of them will be first timers going to Philippines.

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:36 pm »
^ hi sis.. you are welcome.. if you want PM ko sayo ang email address ko at doon tayo mag palitan ng info bilang mahaba habang usapan sasabihin ko sayo lahat ng mga preps ko at arrangement bilang ako ang punong abala talaga haha napagkamalan nga akong tour guide ng buong group siguro kasi lider-lideran ako :) oki? thanks for watching our SDE :)

about inquiry and additional set up hay nako OO ganon talaga nagulat na lang ako na we owe her MORE pa after all the calculation! sabihin ko din yun sayo sa email hehe or PM..

sis gj you haven't chosen the venue yet? 2015 lapit na ber months na hehe :)

happy preps ladies.. namiss ko bigla yung preps rush hehe

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2014, 10:43:46 pm »
Can you get Amanda to haggle fees/packages for you? We've decided on getting Bordoy Viterbo for P/V kase, pero iba yung rates na she sent us from the website, and iba yung packages!

Sis chicgurl, ay hindi pa! Pero that's the plan for the week after the next; I'm flying to the Philippines for the fiance to meet the parents, plus meeting with potential wedding dress designers, tapos Boracay on the 6th to book the venue (most likely Asya), have make-up trial with Ferns, and possibly book P/V na rin! Hay nako ang gastos nasestress ako, dahil the flights to Sydney for January for the civil wedding are nakakalula!

cheektint I asked Amanda re: room requirements -- sabi niya if reception is inside daw, they can waive the room requirement. So pwedeng beach/garden ceremony, pero indoor reception.

PrincesPisces

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2014, 04:19:08 pm »
Hi princessweetah! I'm getting married in DSB next year! March 19, 2015! Have you decided yet? :)

patriciasy595

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2014, 08:56:02 pm »
Hi everyone! Sorry if medyo off topic. Ask ko lang if may fee ba mag shoot ng prenup sa shores ng Boracay? TIA! :)

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »
^ yung ibang areas sis merong fee and permit na kailangan.

Bora.Nov2016

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #414 on: October 08, 2014, 07:38:59 am »
hello ladiesssss  :D

kamusta ang wedding planning and prepping?

so, it's official na November 2016 sa Holy Rosary and reception sa Asya! Sabi ni Amanda, it's better to book early kasi medyo popular na daw ang Boracay Wedding and to lock in the 2014 prices before the increase.

gj1206- how's your prepping going? I'm excited for you to visit Boracay! Please share details when you come back, I'd love to hear about it!

iAmMariee- your wedding is getting so close! Almost ready?  ;)

chicgurl- your wedding is so gorgeous talaga! i'm using your photos for inspiration. we're not hiring an event stylish too kasi so expensive. pero grabe, Asya is charging for everything I add sa centerpiece pa lang. so i think Amanda said she'll just rely the message, instead of me trying to haggle. Hahah. What did you about drinks? Did you go open bar or tab or from outsource?

babythug28- thanks for sharing your photos! so pretty, especially your bouquet!

clairemybear23- YAY another 2016 and Asya bride!

bheldandi

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #415 on: October 11, 2014, 01:31:24 am »
Hello fellow Boracay Brides. I'm finally done backreading all the way from thread one. I just got engaged last month and h2b and I picked out December 2015 as our wedding date in Boracay.

Ang dameng naitulong sakin ng thread na to and I'm so grateful to all, especially to our Ex-brides na continuous pa din sa pagbibigay ng help and advice.

So far I've only booked Amanda's full package but we're still looking for a venue.

We wanted to do a "bora hop" sana wherein we have a beach ceremony and hop from one place to another for dinner and drinks. Since 30 lang naman guests namin we felt that it's doable. We really want our guest to experience the island as we did. The only challenge is that Asya and Discovery doesn't allow na we do the ceremony in their resort but the reception somewhere else. Amanda suggested White house kaso I'm not sure how their beach front looks like. Any feedback from those who've seen it?

We really want to go all out sa ceremony but not so much sa reception (as in kahit no decor at all) kasi what's really important for me and h2b is the set up when we exhange our vows.

If you guys know of any other resort that would allow the set up we have in mind, we'd appreciate your feedback. TIA!

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #416 on: October 11, 2014, 07:39:08 pm »
Bora.Nov2016 technically not back yet but have been to Bora na! Um, ang stressful puntahan if from Kalibo airport!!! Our hotel was in station 1 pa so pati transfer from port to hotel was a long ride din. But at least we've seen the venue -- definitely going with Asya! They even showed us their 'new' villas and if you have money to burn (Php 35k a night) it's good for getting ready on the day kase it has 2 rooms so you can have your own while the rest of the girls in the bridal party have their own. Sis, Amanda also mentioned re: drinks since kelangan from Asya ang softdrinks, cocktails, and beer, but you can bring in wine and hard liquor (so pwede ka mag provide ng rum coke if you avail of the unlimited softdrinks -- as per Amanda's suggestion!).

Sis bheldandi sayang I was there a few days ago, could've taken photos for you! They have this weird fence thing in front of resorts na, kawayan bakod as tall as a building na may net/screen pa. Station 3 lang ang wala nun I think, dunno why may ganun na. I read in the Bora thread sa travels forum here na dahil daw bawal na may food/drinks by the shore? Not too sure.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #417 on: October 11, 2014, 11:16:03 pm »
^  sagot lang ako about sa bakod. Maybe because of the rainy season dahil we went there aug 2011 and may mga bakod with plastic ang mga resorts but wedding ko nov 2012 wala naman.  sabi either ng seawind or ng resort namin ng 2011 its to prevent daw the sand from coming into the resort.

^^ sis may nakita na ako na wedding like ng iniisip mo - bar hopping - this was when i was preparing for mine. Kaso hindi ko na maalala kung san ko nakita.  Im sure amanda can help you get a place for the ceremony. :)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »
hey ladies... sorry na offline ng konting matagal hehe

@Bora.Nov2016: thanks for viewing our wedding photos & video. For our drinks, we had an open bar lahat from Asys altho we also bought some alcohol from Ralph through Amanda pero hindi naman nagalaw talaga so inuwi din namin then ilang days kaming nagparty party using those alcohol hahaha

sagot lang ako about sa bakod hehe pag rainy season talaga nilalagyan nila ng bakod pero pag summer wala naman yun. malakas kasi ang hangin at ulan minsan.

wow nagtaas na si ASYA ha.. for that vila you're referring nasa 25K lang ata yun nung April! :) tapos the suites nasa 17K lang.. grabe naman sila porket in demand na sila.. well wait till the next resort opens beside them hehe altho their location talaga kasi maganda talaga :)

about drinks at food sa shore depende yan sa size ng shoreline ng resort. if Amanda is your coordinator better ask her kasi ako a month before the wedding sinabihan ako na di na daw pwede yung food sa shore aakyat pa daw sa palay garden.. hello?! yun ang pinirmahan sa agreement tapos biglang babaguhin? so super reklamo ako at nagawan ni Amanda yun so make sure clear sa agreement niyo yun.

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #419 on: October 13, 2014, 04:44:11 pm »
sis chicgurl - ako din lagi ko binabalikan yung feature nyo, you had a super beautiful wedding and it's really bride and breakfast worthy  ;)

I have a question for you since you mentioned the open bar, I'm working kasi on our drinklist, medyo nahihirapan ako kasi fiance and I are not really drinkers,  I can't come up with a budget as well, so ask ko sana how much approximately ang inabot ng bill nyo for that?  We are around 40-50 pax lang, if I remember correctly di tayo nagkalalayo ng headcount, so hopefully your numbers will give me a rough idea :)

sis Bora.Nov2016 - exactly 2 months to go for me!  Ambilis super.. di pa ko ready! Still ironing out details, need ko na sya matapos lahat promise..  :-\

sis bheldandi - wala ako ma-suggest for the setup that you are looking for but I thought I'd welcome you sa thread  ;)  and Congrats pala on your recent engagement  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close