Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118930 times)

runbarbierun

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2014, 06:09:07 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, my cousin's getting married in Boracay kasi. Just want to ask if you know any salons that do hair styling in Kalibo? Not for the bride ha, for guests. TYIA :D

clairemybear23

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2014, 03:21:57 pm »
Hello girlies!!! sawakas naka pag member na ako dito and this is my first reply! lol I am also a Boracay Bride on March 2016, ang layo pa but we already booked Asya for the beach ceremony and reception plus the amazing AMANDA TIROL!!

I had been reading this thread as well as the first one for three times already!!! I even copy pasted everything and made a PDF copy of it so that I can back read everytime na may maisip ako, bahahaha
Just soo excited to be able to join this wedding craze, kaloka nga nman talaga.  :) :) :D ;D


tinapay

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2014, 10:16:02 am »
may website ba si amanda tirol?

biniro ko mga friends ko na sa boracay ang wedding ko, nagtanggihan na magsipunta! tsk!

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #383 on: August 30, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »
babythug28 Yun nga eh, I think the products used are what's important! A lot keep going on about airbrush, but apparently it's not good for oily skin (which is kind of me)

chicgurl I inquired from Fern and higher yung rates niya compared to what Amanda is telling me! Should I ask Amanda why, or just book it from her? Hehe.

mscooper Thanks for the suggestion, sis! I'll look him up later (can't do it on work computer). Yun nga, they say na it depends on your skin, and medyo na-o-off ako when they all keep saying airbrush is better when hindi pa naman nila na-a-assess yung skin type ko! I've seen some brides na they look really well polished in photos, pero sa SDEs nila, parang may konting butlig butlig on the face instead of the smooth skin you see on photos.

clairemybear23 Welcome to the thread! Can't wait to see you around here; I'm Nov 2015, so a bit earlier than you!

tinapay She has a website boracayweddings.blogspot.com

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #384 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:55 pm »
^ sis gj ayy i am not sure.. kasi pag si amanda nagbobook usually may discount siya sa mga suppliers kung direct ka kay fern baka yung regular rates niya siguro? not sure hula ko lang hehe unless eh nagtaas talaga siya.. alam ko kasi yung rate na bigay samin ni amanda per head is Php 1500 per head HMU na yun sa team ni Fern.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:14:15 pm by chicgurl »

tinapay

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #385 on: September 01, 2014, 07:45:26 pm »
^^thanks gj. November 2015 bride din ako :) pero 50-50 pa kung boracay wedding. It seems na medyo mura ang boracay wedding kesa sa beach wedding in batangas? Not sure though, di pa ko thorough nagreresearch.

mscooper

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
airbrush kasi is a lot more expensive kaya usuallu hmuas would suggest airbrush. hehe. and yes, doon sa nabasa ko, sis gj, photos talaga maganda yung airbrush but mas natural yung traditional.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2014, 04:57:28 am »
^^ tinapay. I checked acuatico before (early 2012) mahal nga. Although I didn't look for other places in batangas but in Boracay madami naman choices na resort na agree pwede mas mura instead of batangas. Depende din sa suppliers, most of my friends spent more than me for their Manila wedding but mga suppliers ay veluz, jmag or designer suits and wedding shoes, etc. mapapamahal ka sa Boracay if you want suppliers (ie P/V) from Manila dahil dagdag gastos ang accommodation and airfare nila.

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2014, 05:21:46 am »
chicgurl I did ask Amanda if the rates she gave me were updated, and inulit naman niya sakin yung rates ulit. So I'm not sure if nagtaas na nga is Fern at hindi aware si Amanda. At least that leaves her to deal with that kesa ako pa makipaghaggle! I just want to talk to Fern muna sana before talagang signing him up, like what products he uses, etc. Demanding/Dyahe bang ipatanong ko kay Amanda yun or do I just setup a meeting with him? Baka kase ibahin na ang price if I meet up with him myself! hehe.

tinapay ay naexcite naman ako na baka sakali November Boracay bride ka rin! May kasama na ako, yehey! I haven't researched Batangas wedding costs pero baka halos pareho lang (or like you said, cheaper pa!) kase the flights naman you can get on those fare deals na lumalabas.

mscooper na-sad lang ako kase nasanay ako sa hair stylist ko dito na talagang hindi niya gagawin yung gusto kong gawin sa hair ko pag hindi talaga uubra kahit naman kikita siya. I'm leaning towards traditional pero will try and ask around some other stylists din!

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2014, 06:33:42 am »
sa cost ng Boracay and Batangas, halos pareho lang siguro for the couple. it's just that mas nakakapagod ang Batangas wedding for most guests kasi uwian/balikan lang naman sila usually. drive ng maaga to Batangas, balik ng gabi to Manila. this is based from my experience.

kapag Boracay, you can spend more time with your friends. nakapagbachelorette party pa kami dun for less. mas feel din nila ang Boracay kasi pag andun ka, chill lang talaga kumpara sa preps ng ento and guests kung Batangas wedding. well, unless nakabook din sila ng accommodation sa resort nyo.

mas madami kang murang options sa Boracay kumpara sa Batangas. with proper planning, you can get as low as Php 1200 na roundtrip airfare para sa guests mo. IMO :)

mscooper

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #390 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:34 pm »
babythug28 sis, saan ka nag bachelorette party? yung mga guests ko kasi coming from abroad eh diretso na sa boracay. so i was thinking to have a ladies night na lang doon. even not necessarily a bachelorette party.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #391 on: September 06, 2014, 07:48:42 am »
dun na din sis sa boracay mismo a night before the wedding. not really a bachelorette, more on ladies night lang din kami. nagdinner then sound trip lang kami by the beach. shempre inom na din hehe. kaya may hang over ako ng mismong event lol. lasing ako when we went back to the hotel, buti na lang nasa wisyo si hubby kasi wala silang nagawa that night. lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:52:21 am by babythug28 »

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »
chicgurl I did ask Amanda if the rates she gave me were updated, and inulit naman niya sakin yung rates ulit. So I'm not sure if nagtaas na nga is Fern at hindi aware si Amanda. At least that leaves her to deal with that kesa ako pa makipaghaggle! I just want to talk to Fern muna sana before talagang signing him up, like what products he uses, etc. Demanding/Dyahe bang ipatanong ko kay Amanda yun or do I just setup a meeting with him? Baka kase ibahin na ang price if I meet up with him myself! hehe.


hello sis.. ako hindi ko na nameet si fern at yung team niya eh wala na kasi akong time at hindi ko na din natanong ano ang mga brands/products na gamit niya pero i think as the client it's OK to ask that. you can always send your questions to Amanda tapos siya na ang makipag coordinate kay Fern. Ako super binaha ko ng emails si amanda hehe super sulit :) hehe

prettyrosedale

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #393 on: September 09, 2014, 09:48:06 am »
Hi there ladies! Can't believe "BER" months na! Anyway, ask ko lang about airline tickets and transportation, Okay ba yung sa southwest? Meron bang mghehelp and maguguide sa guests upon arrival sa airport kasi mauuna kami sa boracay then the guest will arrive a day before the wedding. I know I might end up flying my relatives through KALIBO since we all know it's way cheaper!

Anyone of you ladies had Fireworks? Is it worth it?
Did you guys hired an event stylist or florist locally or yung wedding coordinator na bahala dun?


I have a lot of back reading to do! Stay pretty everyone!

cheektint

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »
^ we had 60 adults & 13 kids for our wedding last month in boracay.. it's better if it's a small number coz you get to spend time with your guests esp. it's a destination wedding. i'll pm you.

Hi ladies,

  future boracay bride here. im so glad to get into this thread. saved me hours of reading separate reviews for each supplier.  ;D

@chicgirl, I plan to have an intimate wedding 70-80 pax maximum as I only want our closest friends and immediate families to be there.  Im seriously considering Asya or Shang. still so torn between the two =(
they are both so worthy to be my dream boracay wedding venue.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:16:23 pm by cheektint »

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #395 on: September 14, 2014, 01:30:01 pm »
^ cheektint: both are lovely naman but the thing with shang is that if you do your reception sa beach nila you are required to get 10 rooms for minimum 2 nights i believe their cheapest room is about 16-17K net per room for 2 adults na yun. :) if you have guests willing to stay there it's a big help otherwise you have to shoulder the 10 rooms :) that's the reason why we opt for asya. pero if hindi naman sa beach yung reception niyo iba naman yung agreement.. pero i can say naman na both are lovely and worth it. actually after the wedding we transferred to shangri la for 3 nights hehe we stayed sa tree top villas nila with super view ang romantic lang :)

cheektint

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #396 on: September 15, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »
^ chicgurl What if we opt to do the ceremony on the beach but the reception in the ballroom? do you reckon we could forego the 10 room requirement? my husband and I ( weve been married in civil for 4 years na) are very keen to get Shang if we ever do Boracay, It's like Shang or goodbye Bora ganon ang peg. ours is like a renewal of vows so we really wanted it to be intimate. hindi yung masyadong party party kasi kasal na naman kami gusto lang namin  na mawitness din ng ibang family namin na uuwi pa from the states.
kaya ko naman gusto yung Boracay. kasi taga Kalibo ang family ko. my dad's side naman puro taga Caticlan. so mas convenient para sa family ko. yun na lang family ng husband ko ang kailangan i-ship sa boracay hehe. so kung di namin makuha si Shang, we'll do a manila wedding (sob)

princessweetah

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #397 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:03 am »
Hi ladies!

Finally joining the club.

Anyone here got married or getting married in Discovery Shores?

Any January/February 2016 brides?

princessweetah

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »
I need your opinions re: venue.

My first choice was Shang but already booked on preferred date.
Next is Asya, also booked on my preferred date.
Discovery Shores is still open.

But looking at the three venues again, I think I like Asya now.

To those who had their weddings already or been to Bora for ocular inspections,
which one was your fave or would you recommend?

I'm still in dillemma.

Asya's beach location looks nice
but Discovery Shore's food menu sounds amazing!


chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2014, 06:40:00 pm »
^ chicgurl What if we opt to do the ceremony on the beach but the reception in the ballroom? do you reckon we could forego the 10 room requirement? my husband and I ( weve been married in civil for 4 years na) are very keen to get Shang if we ever do Boracay, It's like Shang or goodbye Bora ganon ang peg. ours is like a renewal of vows so we really wanted it to be intimate. hindi yung masyadong party party kasi kasal na naman kami gusto lang namin  na mawitness din ng ibang family namin na uuwi pa from the states.
kaya ko naman gusto yung Boracay. kasi taga Kalibo ang family ko. my dad's side naman puro taga Caticlan. so mas convenient para sa family ko. yun na lang family ng husband ko ang kailangan i-ship sa boracay hehe. so kung di namin makuha si Shang, we'll do a manila wedding (sob)

hi sis I am not sure if same rule applies if the wedding ceremony will be at the beach.. meron din kasi silang mini chapel.. pero when i inquired na both beach ang venue for ceremony at reception yun ang requirement nila. baka pwedeng hindi na pag ceremony lang.. try mo ask sis malay mo diba? :) meron din sila venue yung parang garden naman malapit sa pool nila.. ok din yung maraming coconut trees hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close