Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118857 times)

Majamannion

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2014, 07:53:22 pm »
Chicgurl thank you sa PM. I'll go for Asya siguro. Di pa kami nakakapag start magplan. We both live here in Qatar kaya di ko alam kung ano ang uunahin ko.

Majamannion

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »
Thank you imbisibol and iAmMariee for the pm. Di ko alam kung pano ko makakareply. No reply option. Here's my email majamannion@yahoo.co.uk iAmMariee. I live near city centre. San ka sa doha? Email me. Thank you

mscooper

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »
sis!!!
please help me naman. i am totally lost!!! i am actually from kalibo lang but my fiancee is italian. we're booked for a boracay wedding in fairways on dec 22, 2014. my problem is with regards to the marriage license. my fiancee should be here daw at least 20 days before the wedding to sign the license and etc...i was wondering how did you do it? esp don sa mga out of town brides. need ko talaga info girls.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2014, 05:03:49 am »
^ We didnt sign the marriage license. Are they talking about the application form? If yes, hubby and I signed it here abroad and my mom brought it to Pinas with her and she was the one who submitted it sa City hall.

@ babythug28 congratulations sa wedding! :) you look lovely! I havent been active and recently lang nagbasa ulit kaya late.

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2014, 06:13:29 am »
iAmMariee What you shared sounds encouraging. I think I'll send her an email soon, once I'm sure kung ano ang itatanong ko! Since you're an overseas bride din, did she send you any documents/checklists to help you with preps? We arranged to meet with her in Bora kase when we fly over to do an ocular at some venues, so I don't know if that's when she'll give me stuff or kung ano ba...I should probably ask her! Haha.

babythug28 Share your professional photos din ha! And if you had a wedding highlights video. :D

chicgurl Matagal pa naman, Nov 2015 pa! Pero kung maka-career naman ako sa planning akala mo this year na hehe. Noted na ang Southwest issue na yan! I don't know what I'd do if I was in your place. Kase pag nandiyan si fiance feeling ko mahihiya ako mag bridezilla mode! As if naman hindi ako capable, my MOH knows I have a tendency!

nigelronny Ahh, indoor! Mahirap nga yan, kase may mga draping achuchu bukod sa table arrangements amongst other tables...have you checked with any event stylist na possibly near Boracay? Baka lesser ang OTT fees? But it's the transporting the props din kase...if you have the budget naman, e di go!

Majamannion I understand the feeling! I spent almost a month fretting and stressing about details, until we finally decided on what to do and whatnot. I'm in Boracay this October for 3 days to look around places, so let me know if there's any way I can help you. We're considering Asya too, since the place and the price looks about right! But we're still going to have a look around, and see if we can haggle details/prices/whatever. Any tips, girls? :D

mscooper I think you mentioned before you have connections sa city hall? See if you can make padulas or whatever para your fiance can just sign it from abroad and then just mail it you. Best of luck! x

BTW, has anyone had Enrico Nepomuceno as their P/V? We're considering him or Bordoy Viterbo, and I've read praises about Bordoy's team courtesy of sis shegie_285, but want to know if anyone has any experience with Enrico din! I vaguely remember reading somewhere na medyo may ere daw siya? But I'm not sure if it was him or someone else, so just want more info. Thanks girls! x

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2014, 07:02:20 am »
thank you sis shegie_285 - nakaraos na din bago mag tag-ulan talaga :D

sis msscooper - since taga Kalibo ka lang, madali na sa yo yan sis para maghanap ng maglalakad ng papers nyo sa city hall ng Caticlan regarding the marriage license. para less hassle na din in case na i-require kayong umattend ng seminar, etc.

sis gj206 - after a month ko pa makukuha yung wedding highlight video. hindi kasi kami nagpagawa ng SDE since hindi kami nag avail ng projector. sayang lang hehe. sis kapag naghanap ka na ng venue, if you can't list down the things that are included sa package nila, try to ask for a printed copy. para after nyo mag-ikot you can compare the details from the different venues. yung mga corkage fees, nahaggle na namin on the day so wala ng binayaran for the wine, yung mga chips na pinaserve namin, etc.

we have a couple of photos from our P/V share ko lang tong nasa dropbox nya now. makukuha ko pa lang yung raw copies this week para makapili ng pics for editing :D
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k4fqb1ef7x0hd7o/AADjHHVR6OiVQkRPlzcl-zGxa#/

tinapay

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »
sis babythug28, you just got married lang pala! congrats!

this is my dream wedding, or any beach na lang near Metro Manila kasi parang ang super gastos pag Boracay. magkano ba usually mga budget pag Boracay wedding?  ang hirap din mag trim down ng guests...

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2014, 01:02:18 pm »
^ hehe thanks sis tinapay. lipat tayo dito :D :D

backread ka sis, yung iba na kinasal din sa Boracay posted their expenses/budget nung wedding nila. sa min kasi hindi namin sagot yung airfare and hotel ng mga guests and inabot lang kami ng 42 pax (kasama na kami). ^_^

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »
@Majamannion: you are welcome sis.. i live in dubai, uae.. mas madali if you have coordinator.. our marriage license was processed by Amanda we just sent her the required documents and viola ok na.. there was no need for us to come home to philippines for that. we processed our CENOMAR online both mine and my my husband's.

@gj1206: hay nako sis i couldn't contain it i had to let it out or else baka atakihin ako sa puso my family and friends and my husband's family and friends were there. I am not the type naman kasi na kikimkimin ko yung nafefeel ko porket alam kong my husband's side are there. Kilala naman na nila ako an i speak my mind especially kapag alam kong nasa lugar naman ako at hindi naman ako nang alipusta ng tao hahaha tumaas lang yung boses ko kasi feeling ko talaga walang tumutulong sa amin and i did everything which was nakaka frustrate. i hope talaga umayos sila.. baka natyempuhan lang kami talaga ewan..


mscooper

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »
@babythug28 how did you process your license? i tried sa kalibo but they won't allow that i mail it to my h2b. i'm not sure lang sa municipality of malay; where boracay is.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:39 am »
@mscooper pasagot ulit. requirement talaga kasi na personal appearance sa pag-apply ng marriage license but connection/pakiusap ang kailangan kung wala sa pinas. Maybe kaya 20 days dahil 10 working days ang pag-process ng ML para may buffer then may seminar pa nga. You can apply ML sa hometown or sa municipality ng church kung saan ikakasal.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2014, 02:30:40 am »
@mscooper - sis were exempted from getting a marriage license. what we had instead is an affidavit of cohabitation since we've been living in together for 10 years already and got 2 kids. we processed all the requirements/documents here in Cavite before flying to Boracay. wala na kaming naging seminar or whatsoever. pero kumuha pa din kami ng CENOMAR and a couple more affidavits para complete na bago kami umalis.

prettyrosedale

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2014, 08:30:50 am »
Hi ladies! Any of you here from US na planning magpakasal sa US then head sa philippines for the celebration? I wonder if they will allow that. I'm trying to save myself from all the hassle na mgalakad ng mga paperworks or requirements so sabi ko kay fiance dito nalang kami sa cityhall magpakasal and then lipad sa philippines for the event. I will still hire a pastor (somebody we know) and still do the whole ceremony pero walang papers. I wonder if they will still give us the permit.

And any of you got Ronald Soncio for OTD? I finally made a decision na kunin na siya kasi yung on the day ni Amanda specified na she will not be there on the day mga tao niya lang.

tinapay

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2014, 09:49:53 am »
sis babythug28, yun nga ang medyo problem ko, if we trip down our guest to like 40 or 50, parang ang konti.  laki kasi ng family ni h2b.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:09 am »
^ ask mo na lang sila to shoulder their own expenses (family and friends kung keri). for sure maiintindihan naman nila yan if you ask :D sa min kasi though malaki family sa side ko (madaming tito, tita, mga pinsan) onti lang ang pumunta. ang mga natatanging elders lang dun eh 3 ladies (mom and 2 tita ko) then the rest mga friends na namin and siblings namin ni hubby. :D kahit onti super saya nung naging celeb kasi party party lang talaga. kala mo prom or house party yung naging peg namin hehe

mscooper

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2014, 03:51:52 pm »
mga sis,
 thank god, i got someone to help me out. yun nga talaga, pakiusap at kunting...alam nyo na. :) btw, anong ginamit nyo for your bridal car?

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »
sis gj1206 - yes, she sends a checklist para yun na yung guide mo, then every now and then she'll touch base with you and check the progress.  It helps kasi it's your reminder na rin na you have to do this and that.. and then if you want something done, just ask her and she'll find them for you, she'll also tell you honestly if she can't find or provide those things from the island.. or if something is doable or not :)

chicgurl - that's a very unpleasant experience.. thanks for sharing!  Our transfers are included sa package namin with our hotel, hopefully hindi sub-contracted with Southwest!  ;)  Anyway, I have a question for you pala.. did you do the traditional veil, cord and candle ceremony?  How about sand ceremony?  I'm not sure I want to do all those kasi..

What about rehearsal dinner?  San venue nyo?  Sorry sis daming tanong, will appreciate your feedback a lot  ;)

babythug28 - gorgeous photos!  Loved the sexy bare shots ;)

mscooper - that's great news! ;)  Usually golf cart ang nakikita ko, but I also some vintage cars somewhere, can't remember na where I saw it..  :-\

prettyrosedale - I read that Ronald Soncio is also good.. here's a wedding that he did (if you haven't seen this yet).. http://www.vatelmanila.com/2014/06/real-wedding-omar-kyaw.html .. I read the bride's review (in another forum) and she was all praises about him! ;)

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »
mscooper - golf cart lang sa kin :P nice yan, kahit magbigay ka ng onting padulas at least not much hassle for you :)

iAmMariee - thank you sis. tibay lang ng sikmura hehe. pasagot na din ako with the whole ceremony thing. we had the veil and cord. wala ng candle kasi yung sand ceremony na yung pinalit. then nauwi namin yung buong pinaglagyan ng sand during the ceremony and nilagyan ng design ng Sol Marina before nila binigay sa min. :)

prettyrosedale - maganda daw yung service ni Ronald Soncio coming from the reviews i saw before. i heard nagtaas na sila ng rate. nasa line of 50k+ na ata ngayon for OTD. couple of months ago, quote nya sa kin nun was 35k for OTD. better check with him na din if you're interested :)

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
sis babythug28 - Thanks!  I have a stupid question (sorry, clueless talaga haha) provided ba ng Sol Marina yung vase na pinaglagyan nyo ng sand?  How did they pack it?  May lid?  I mean, naiisip ko di ba magugulo yung sand?  Especially if 2 or more different colors yung ginamit?

gj1206

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2014, 07:44:15 pm »
babythug28 You haggled on the day of your wedding, or when you met up with them? I'll look at your photos when I get home! Ayaw ng facebook here at work eh, pft.

tinapay There's Batangas! Apparently a 3-hour drive from the city (approximately, I don't know na with traffic)... I suggested Boracay to my fiance because I wanted to trim down the guests talaga! And even then, we're going to make everyone pay for their own flight tickets and accommodation.

chicgurl I think I will bridezilla early pa lang, para kung hindi sila maka-assure ng matinong service, wag na lang! I'll be like, "can I have that in writing?"

prettyrosedale We're having a civil ceremony in Australia before the wedding in Boracay, and Amanda said it was fine, it'll just be a ceremony. We can still get a pastor and all that, but no more need of the hassle paperwork (yehey!). And yes, that link of sis Kyaw's wedding is so pretty! They're on 55k OTD coordinating, if I'm not mistaken?

iAmMariee Thanks sis! I just sent her an email (they're on team building holiday) to ask about random stuff, but just wanted to start the first email! Hehe.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close