Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118561 times)

sweetsexy

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2014, 10:15:37 pm »
soon_2_be mrsL, I suggest that you look at photographers in the Iloilo area. Iloilo is only a few hours away from Bacolod by bus. I recommend Marcelo Tolentino of TheFourth Project. He took beautiful pictures and videos on our prenuptials. But on our actual wedding, he said he could only accept either photo or video, to be able to give his full concentration.

dreamweaver83

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2014, 07:31:39 pm »
My parents and aunt and uncle are having their renewal of vows in Boracay in July. Can you suggest which places we can setup where there's good food? It'll be a small event, 20-30 guests and it'll be quite informal. They just want to make sure there will be good food for all the guests attending.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:13 pm »
sis i suggest yung Tides hotel. meron silang restaurant sa roof deck, near the pool. may bar pa na katabi. you can also try sa Red Coconut. we will have our wedding this July too with the same number of pax and we might reserve Tides' restaurant since we will stay there as well.

check out their FB, meron silang photo ng roofdeck. and for the menu meron naman akong photo din hehe i can email you the pics =)

sweetsexy

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:23 am »
dreamweaver83, if your group is staying in any of the beachfront hotels on White Beach, you can just set up on the beach, and get any of the restaurants in the talipapa to cater. My family did that one New Year's Eve, & we were a group of 25. I do not remember the name of the restaurant, but we went marketing at the talipapa, the restaurant cooked it for us, and they brought it to our hotel. In nice chafing dishes, with tablecloths and all. Frankly, there is no better food in Boracay than freshly caught and cooked crabs, lobster, suahe, lapulapu, diwal, etc. from the humble station 3 talipapa.

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »
hi ladies... 6.5 weeks to go and it's our wedding day na weeee can't wait.. parang kelang lang ako angjoin sa thread na ito.. now 6.5 weeks na lang saya saya tee hee!

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2014, 12:54:01 am »
^
make sure to post pictures and reviews of your wedding!  after several snowstorm successions in a row, i sorely need a whiff of boracay sun and sand- even if they be just in pictures..

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2014, 03:30:04 am »
i'm already cramming for our wedding this July. resorts aren't replying probably because mag summer na sobrang dami na nilang other inquiries and bookings. can anyone email me rates ng mga resorts ngayon along with their buffet/plated meal rates? we're just looking for a place to hold a ceremony and a decent dinner afterwards.

=(

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2014, 05:28:26 am »

dreamweaver83

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2014, 04:49:04 pm »
Ano na rates ni Amanda ngayon? Anyone have that info? :)

Princess_Chill

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »
hmm im thinking to have a bora wedding but low buget kami...is it possible kaya?

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »
thanks sis imbisibol. but we're on a tight budget and they want us to get the package.

@princess_chill, we're on the same boat sis. we already got tickets pati mga guests pero wala pa kaming venue kasi budget wedding lang hehe.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2014, 02:45:03 am »
Hi Princess_Chill, I dont know how much is low budget for you but i guess depende sa gusto mong wedding. If you want the normal wedding, ie proper reception, food, wedding gown, P/V, flowers, etc., for 100 pax i'd say it'll cost at least php500k, feeling ko tipid na tipid pa yan.  Resort and food siguro at least Php2,500 per person. Mahirap mag-generalize ng cost dahil every couple has different wants and priorities. Addict akong magbasa ng forum and I read sa Manila one can have a php300k wedding.

Based on experience, i think the reason mahal sa Boracay is because mahal ang resort and food per head plus when it comes to suppliers kaunti lang ang options. Unless siguro taga-aklan or may kakilala doon na can help source out suppliers. mga tipong bago para mas mura. Ako i relied lang sa forums and recommendations so doon na ako sa trusted at i never met any supplier until the wedding.

But if you want a small intimate lang i'd say you can fit whatever your budget is. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:35:51 am by shegie_285 »

Princess_Chill

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:46 am »
thanks sis she for answering..

actually me and my partner are living in for 5 years now...we want to get married kahit nga civil nalang...pero ako type ko kahit na bora wedding lang kahit mga 10 nga lang kami! hahaha! I just like the feel na doon ikakasal..

na kahit na super small wedding lang basta sa bora!

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2014, 05:39:05 pm »
You're welcome sis. You probably have googled na but i saw mandarin hotel has package for intimate wedding. Try asking for a quote, when i asked before mabilis naman sila magreply.

I searched din beach boracay weddings for intimate weddings. the hotel is nigi-nigi noo. We had our dinner in one of their hotels/restaurants the night before our wedding, mga 30people, walang reservation buti may enough space sila. Mabait owner he gave us free shots pa. :) We paid mga php15k lang. Nigi-nigi has two hotels and im not sure kung ano name nung sa amin dati but i think they are owned by same person. The restaurant is not posh though, it is rustic and open-air. Relax relax ang vibe. :)

Babythug28 - above might help. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:05:45 pm by shegie_285 »

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2014, 10:53:49 pm »
^ thank you shegie_285. i already emailed Ms Glenda of nigi nigi. wala pa lang update which of the two yung nag aaccommodate ng intimate wedding. she gave me a total of 80k for that btw (food included) and still waiting for the menu. magiging lower pa yung price since meron na kaming sariling solemnizing officer =)

brown_kristel

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »
Hello girls,


I am so grateful na nakita ko tong thread na to. napakahelpful netong thread na to. I am 2015 bride but thank you sa lahat ng tips madami akong natutunan dito.

I am debating kung kukuha ba kami ng coordinator. Naka based kami overseas kaya medyo nahihrapan ako sa pag ayos but I find Ms. Amanda's fee expensive. I inquire couple of venues and I find Estacio Uno a good place kasi mabait yung Manager na si Mr. Hermie Laguyo.

may pinagtanungan akong coordinator and binigyan nya ako ng package of anonymous resort and nung kinompare ko is halos same ng Estacio Uno pero nagmarked up sya ng 15k on top of the package. ganun ba tlaga yun??


Thanks in advance po.

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2014, 02:41:04 am »
pero ako type ko kahit na bora wedding lang kahit mga 10 nga lang kami! hahaha! I just like the feel na doon ikakasal..

na kahit na super small wedding lang basta sa bora!

i know you already have your heart set on boracay, but just an option- coron is beautiful too and has a more peaceful setting.  airfare cost is peanuts compared to landing in caticlan.  everything else (food, entertainment, lodging, etc.) is lower price-wise.  if two seasons in coron island were already in existence in 2012, we would have seriously considered getting married there. 

http://www.twoseasonsresorts.com/coron/

may pinagtanungan akong coordinator and binigyan nya ako ng package of anonymous resort and nung kinompare ko is halos same ng Estacio Uno pero nagmarked up sya ng 15k on top of the package. ganun ba tlaga yun??

best to deal directly with the resort.  why would that coordinator give you a quote for an un-named resort?  that's shady.

brown_kristel

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2014, 11:20:06 am »
hi imbisibol,

oo nga eh. tapos marked up sya ng 15k tapos yung excess na tao is 450 pesos excess nya. Did you get a coordinator? Amanda Tirol also? We are expecting like maximum of 80 guests. My friends are willing to help out with the planning and stuff, but I am worried para sa mga visitors namin overseas lalo na s aarrangement ng transpo knowing madalas sa tin is rerouting of flghts.

May idea po ba kayo kung ang events coordinator ng resort hotel can help out lalo na sa arrangement ng transportation??


Thank you in advance.

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2014, 08:28:51 pm »
brown_kristel - tama si imbisibol_, better deal directly with the resort, this is your Big Day and you are throwing a lot of money here, you better know what you are getting.. ;)

Like you I'm an overseas bride, and we did get Amanda.. wedding's not over yet (Dec2014) but I can tell you now that she's more than worth it!  She is so dang helpful and she will go beyond her duties to help you!  For example, I got her for NSTD only (can't afford her for the full, neither partial) and she isn't supposed to help me with the bookings and stuff, but she did!  If I have lots of things to bring to the island (I don't want to bring them with me on my flight), I can even ship them to her house in Manila then she'll arrange for the shipment!  Of course I have to pay for the shipping fees but compared to paying excess baggage, this will be way cheaper, and how convenient is that, right?  She's taking care of all of the local suppliers, I only have to deal with her, tell her what you need and she'll get it for you!  Even the small details that I tend to overlook, she has her eyes on them, like crew meals and transportation - she got them covered!  I seriously wouldn't know what to do without her!  :-\

But going back to your question if the resort's events coordinator can help, I think so they can.  I remember asking this question when nasa inquiry mode pa lang ako, and most of them said yes, they will assist.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2014, 10:00:58 pm »
brown_kristel When you said transportation, is that the transpo from Caticlan/Kalibo to Boracay? Resorts have their transfers naman so you can avail those. Kung mare-route or ma-delay ang flight, madali sila ma-inform.

In the unfortunate event na mare-route sa Kalibo, my mom said madali lang kumuha ng van from Kalibo to Caticlan, so not to worry much.  I know its a normal feeling to worry about the foreigner/overseas guests because I was, but you know what during my wedding, I have loads of guests na hindi nag-arrange ng transfers (and that's including my husband's family and their 78 year old granny). They did it by themselves, hired the van, got the boat, and then van again to the resort. They were fine. hehe.. I told them I was impressed. Although I think my hubby's mom would have paid the transfers, si hubby lang nagsabing i-DIY na lang nila. The younger ones, my age, carry nila.  Thank God lang wala sa aming nare-route! hassle talaga iyon.

Someone told me to book morning flights to Caticlan dahil mas prone mare-route ang afternoon flights, and in case ma-delay madami pang options on the day.

With regard to coordinator, I had coordinators but from Manila. My mom was super hands on actually sa preps but on the wedding day my coordinators were heaven sent. Ang daming details na hindi mo maisip and sila lahat magfunction for you. Anyway, there are wedding documents that you need and Amanda can assist you with those. If you're not yet married, a bit hassle ang marriage license application dahil requirement ang personal appearance. I was prepared to get Amanda for that reason but my mom said she could arrange it for me.

babythug28 that's good :) hope you get your resort sorted soon, malapit ka na. :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:20:37 pm by shegie_285 »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close