Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118503 times)

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »
chicgurl Kami basic styling lang ng hotel. Nag-input lang ako ng color ng flowers.  My coordinator had ideas din for the styling kaso I didn't want to spend na on materials (although DIY daw nila kaya mura) and cost to ship to Boracay. I had a beach reception and Boracay is pretty na itself. :)

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2013, 10:35:00 am »
chicgurl, likewise with us- we had no event stylist.  we convinced ourselves that shangri-la would style the event elegantly anyway.  and they did.  but oh my goodness- buterflye, badang was on our radar as well!  it turned out though, that we had to compromise on some things, and the stylist turned out be a nice-to-have rather than a must-have.  had we more funds, we would've gone to town with badang.

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2013, 04:35:56 pm »
thanks ladies.. i appreciate your comments..

i asked for quotation from several event stylists like gideon hermosa, teddy manual, pat pastelero i havent inquired pa from Badang but I have seen some of the work and looks very nice! and i was very schocked with the rates haha pinaka mura was 140K php + airfare, accomm + meals + OoT fee pa ng team of at least 6 pax..  and yes the shipping/cargo of the materials are on top pa of the rate/s they gave me esp from pat ha i have heard 1 bride paid over all 400K php just for the styling?! i was like OMG and WTH hehe excuse me.. and honestly i do not want to spend that amount of money and I have been honest to amanda about it. so i asked her to ask ASP regarding this one as I want to see how they would style the reception etc etc.. good thing we are meeting them in Boracay this July so check everything.. esp I am doing the ceremony & reception at the beach. Amanda is very helpful to advise that she would help i just need to send her some peg/idea i want.. so mala DIY ito :) & sabi ko local florist is ok we can get the flowers there.. i am sending her photos of the flowers I want para before hand madala na nila sa island.. i think we could cut down the cost kahit 50%.. akala ko aatakihin ako sa rates :)

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:51 am »
chicgurl yes ask ka na lang ng mga pics sa ASP ng mga previous set up nila. that's what I did, SeaWind sent me loads of pics. so from there, alam ko na ang mga stuff na meron sila, at nasabi ko mga ayaw ko sa previous set up nila.  I'm sure Amanda will be able to help kasi may mga gusto ako na mga paraphernalia sa previous set-up sabi nila kay Amanda daw galing ang mga iba dun. 

Ok din local florist, actually I sent them pegs, nasunod naman nila. :)

nigelronny

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2013, 04:50:04 am »
Hello Boracay brides!

To anyone who had their wedding in Shangri-La, do they have a standard ceremony set-up? Is it possible to outsource some details or suggest our own prefered set-up without having additional cost?

Thank you!

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2013, 09:58:44 am »
^ i'm positive shangri-la will work with you regarding the ceremony set-up.  we didn't have a beach ceremony, but they did accommodate how we wanted our reception centerpieces to look- and at no extra added cost.  reach out to your shangri-la event coordinator to know for sure.  and yes- if you're not happy with what shangri-la can do for you, you can most certainly outsource and get an outside stylist or florist.

ultimateseniorita

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:55 am »
Hi imbisibol!

saw your Wedding video and I love it. I want to ask who did your video coverage and just wondering what is the title of the song and artist? Is it Hanging by a moment? I love that song!  ;D

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:32 am »
^ hey, there, thanks!  our video was done by mayad with king as the director.  and yes, that was "Hanging by a Moment" by Lifehouse.  we didn't have any sort of ties to that song, didn't even know it existed, only had a very mild idea who Lifehouse were, but when we heard the song, it was like the deal was signed, sealed, and delivered  ;)

are you having a boracay wedding too?  details please.  we're always excited for things like that around here.

and so- i heard amanda is living it up in her european vacation (cannes, monaco, ferrari-ing around).  i wonder who's holding the fort for couples marrying in boracay this summer? 

cream_puff11

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:58 am »
Good day Boracay brides. Any recommended makeup artist na boracay based? Sa shang ba may salon?

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:53 am »
^ victor ortega has a salon inside shangri-la.  i don't think it's manned at all times- only when appointments have been made.  his full service salon and spa is behind astoria in station 1. 

i can't recommend him because i have not had a chance to try him out.  i did use one of his hair and make-up artists for our engagement shoot, and that went pretty well.  except for a part of our conversation where the make-up artisted insisted on mentioning and name-dropping all the artistas he worked on before  ;)

chaobella

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »
Hi All!

I just want to ask what is the difference between full and partial service package of Amanda Tirol?

I spoke to her and she was very kind.. i think i will go for her services but of course i would like to just get what i need and the rest i can do, i will handle myself :)

Thanks you guys!


Ashley Grace

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2013, 04:41:49 am »
Hi! It's my first time to post here. I need help urgently. My friend is getting married on Dec 14 in Holy Family. The internet in Boracay Island is down at the present and we need a soft copy of a missalette that's been approved by Holy Family. Please send it to aileenb11@yahoo.com. Thanks so much in advance!

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2013, 01:00:07 am »
Hi Girls!  It's been a while!  Where's everybody?  I'm back with the preps!  I'm now searching for a place to stay for the whole family before and after the wedding,.. I'm gearing towards Station 2 because of its proximity sa mga restaurants.. but ayoko sana ng crowded.. hay pati pagpili ng hotel ang hirap  :-\

cream_puff11

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2013, 10:39:18 am »
San kaya mas okay mag prenup mga sisses. Sa asya premier or sa fairways bluewater? I havent stayed kasi sa mga hotels na yan but i find their pictures really good for pictorial.

nigelronny

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »
Hello girls!

Is there anyone here getting married on November 2014?
Sa mga past and future brides, any recommendation for photographer? HMUA? Florist?
Shangri-La's Resort charge additional charge on everything. Their reception standard set-up is not nice, it's actually disappointing. I am expecting they will have a descent set-up since they are 5-star resort. Guests don't get what they pay for.

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »
Hi sis cream_puff11 - I've never been to any of the 2, but I'm an Asya bride  ;D  We based our decision based on reviews, to follow na lang ang occular..   but I think both are nice! 

Fairways probably have more to offer on landscaping and lush greens kasi golf course sila, both have their own beach front, pools & rocky formations na maganda sa mga photos although plus sakin sa Asya yung dramatic stairs tsaka yung views kasi elevated sila.. If I'm to choose between the 2, I think I'll go for Asya.. but it's just me  ;)

nigelronny - I'm a Dec2014 bride.. do you prefer Boracay-based suppliers?  For photographer, check Bordoy Viterbo, Mayad Studios (they have a Boracay Team so no need to pay for OOT Fees).  For HMUA - Victor Ortega is the most popular on this thread, there's a few more but you can't get a lot of information about them on the web.  Getting a local wedding coordinator (do you have one?) will help a lot if you prefer Boracay-based, especially with HMUA and florist too... but of course you can fly in Manila-based suppliers and you'd have wide range of choices for sure..  Let us know how your prep goes  :)

fajnadupa

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »
hi! we just had our event this month. saya! will share the supplier reviews in while. but definitely i recommend to get the Holy Rosary church choir to serenade you during reception! ang galing! sounds like coming from CD.

@Ashley, i have emailed you our approved Holy Rosary misalette. happy to share that Fr. Nonoy even took time at the end of the mass to commend us that it is the most (almost) perfect Misalette.

@iAMMariee, we took Bluewaves because it is cheap & good location. It is beside Discovery Shores, so location is very good. Reviews are at our site above. It is 5 rooms only, so we got all the 5 rooms, and we got the whole beach front all by ourselves. The rest of guests stayed at MR Holidays, sister-hotel of Bluewaves, just at the back of bluewaves. You may look for Ate Mae, to negotiate for group discount. she is very nice & we were well taken cared of.

@cream_puff11, we had ours at Shangri-la and near Willy's Rock. what i can recommend is have your make-up trial & pre-nup on same day. practical.

@nigelronny, for photographer, I recommend Gerard Dacles. he was able to capture the moments very well. For video, we got Bordoy, am happy with the output & very fast. You won't realize that his team is videoing you already. For HMUA, there are only 3 wedding make-up artists in boracay, search Boracay Make-up in facebook, you can see their previous brides there in fb. For florist, we took florista. The Shangri-la package is so worth it. with all the freebies included in the package. Pls look for Camille of Shangri-la events. She is so good. you may not need coordinator anymore if you get Shangri-la, specially if you are hands-on. The reception set-up can be as per your peg, upon approval. Also, you may change some of what is in the package, upon approval also. Really, shangri-la's caliber of service is so worth it. :)

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »
@ sis fajnadupa!  Wow Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well on your big day!  Share share we wanna see your photos or SDE  :)

I immediately googled Bluewaves - thank you so much for tellin' me about it!  I like the idea of booking all of their rooms and having the resort all by ourselves!  Seriously, I was a bit worried in finding a good and reasonable hotel for all of our family members.. we are paying for them kasi so we can't afford yung mga high-end hotels hihi  BTW, I couldn't find the site you were referring to where I could find the reviews?  ;)

Have a blissful married life sis!  Looking forward to the rest of your reviews  :)

cream_puff11

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2013, 10:27:46 am »
thank you sis iammariee and fajnadupa :) I actually coordinated with both hotels. Hmm mas okay ang communication namin ng Asya compared to Fairways. I cant decide still because Fairways offers more activities. Haha.

soon_2_be mrsL.

  • Guest
A newbie boracay bride 2014
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2013, 02:59:48 pm »
Hello everyone!
I am new to this site and soon to be a bride at the beautiful island of boracay next year! Any boracay brides out there who could help me decide? My fiancĂ© and I decided to get a wedding coordinator in Boracay  and we came up with Ms. Amanda Tirol . We are based in the UK so we thought we need one to assists us on our big day . We are about to sign the contract but before we do that , I wanted to get some advice from boracay brides out there who had Ms. Amanda as their coordinator. My fiancĂ© and I are undecided which type of service are we going to get, whether the full service package or partial? We don't want to regret in the end as we don't want to pay something ridiculous and did not get the service that we needed or miss something in the wedding.
I would appreciate if anyone who could help me with this. We are getting married by the way at the shangrila resort in boracay. We ar still undecided where our ceremony will be but the reception is at the resort.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close