Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118939 times)

lelo1331

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:16 am »
lelo1331 - wow sis anlapit na pala ng wedding mo at June bride ka pala :) tama - wag papadala sa pressures.. relax & focus lang and it will be smooth, it's good na your fiance have lots of local connections in there so I guess dealing with them is a lot easier :)  Seawind is great - isa yan sa shortlisted namin :)

Yes next year pa kami, at december pa so it's like almost 2 years..!  Christian wedding din kami!

Goodluck sis sa preps and keep us posted :)

Hi sis iAmMariee... here's my email add fibertip528@yahoo.com. let me have your email add pra masagot ko yung tanong mo..di pa ako pwede magreply sa pm eh. (under probationary stat)..hehe..

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »
_gandalicious you're welcome sis. wow ang mahal ng rate ng EP! Hope you get your band. :)

k_go The equipment was from the DJ. Seawind only has a basic sound system and the AE said I need to get a better equipment if there is a DJ. Is your reception in SeaWind?

k_go

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 11:06:28 am »
@imbisibol:  wow! thanks! i'll keep that idea of yours in mind. :)  i love your video! you look so radiant, so happy! :)

@shegie_285: yes, my reception is in seawind this coming april 13. okay, i'll take note of the sound system although the dj said he weill bring his equipments naman.. any other last minute tip? :) 

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 03:54:20 am »
k_go yay, lapit na. :) yes, normally DJs bring their own. tip - uhm... They're all very good at Boracay - my P/V, SeaWind, church - didn't have any problem with them.  You're in good hands. :) So just enjoy yourself on the day, don't let the preps stress you. Siguro tip - Turnover everything to the coordinator as early as you can. For me the last four weeks before the wedding were so busy meeting people (because everyone wanted to meet us), last-minute shopping, flight home, entertain guests,  and even though i wasn't really stressed there was still anxiety or a diffierent kind of feeling. Parang lutang lang. It's better if you discuss all the details with your coordinator when you're still not very busy, I missed this and I gave everything to them last minute although nothing went wrong still the earlier the better.

Share your pics. :)

sanavanic

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 02:39:19 pm »
Hi mga sis! :) Im back... hehe.. sorry I was trying to figure out why I can't reply...

@imbisibol: thanks for creating another thread. ur really our pioneer! :)

@shegie_285: thanks for all the info, especially on footwear.. by the way what's the name of ur dj? would u reccomend them? may name and number ka pa? and how much? thanks sis!

@emramos: sis I'm in Edmonton, AB.. Congrats on Asya and your date 3-12-14! for sure it wouldn't be a good idea to move the guests at 10pm, they're already drunk by that time! :)

@iammariee: thanks for showing me this thread! and for all the help and support! have u decided on a band or dj? and how bout ur flowers?

i had a little hiccup there for a bit, kala ko di ako magiging boracay bride! but it's all good now...  what about ur gowns ladies? are u buying them abroad or having it done in PI?

sanavanic

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:19 am »
oh by the way... question to all the past brides... after the wedding what did u do? how long did u stay in boracay, did u go some place else before u left for ur respected countries? thanks! im just curious to know.. just to have an idea of what our timeline would be like.. we have only 3 weeks including travel to and from so maybe 2.5 weeks in reality... thanks! appreciate all ur help! :)

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:11 pm »
^

after the wedding, we stayed in boracay another night (4 nights in total in boracay) then flew off to coron for 2 nights.  our timeline was even shorter than yours- only 2 weeks including travel time from and to new jersey.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:32 am »
hi sanavanic my DJ is Dj Eric - Yes I will recommend BUT make sure  that 1) DJ Eric will be there and 2) confirm your playlist. I think Dj Eric wasn't at my wedding (or maybe he was there for some part) because at one stage my coordinators told me that the DJ said my payment was Php1,000 short. I was surprised because I knew it was right, so I looked for DJ Eric but they said he wasn't there. The guy on the equipment called someone, i suppose Eric and then  said my payment was fine. If he wasn't there, it was quite disappointing as I thought it would be him. 

Then our playlist wasn't 100% followed. It was very good during the cocktails and the reception. Hubby appreciated the music while we're having our pictorials and the songs were on his playlist so it made  him happier ( he loves his music!). Even the background music they played for the games were good, but the party music wasn't so good. I thought my hubby really has a weird taste in music (he picked the playlist), later on he said the songs played at the party weren't all his list.

Here's his number anyway +639277046001. I paid Php15k including the equipment.

I had my gown made in the Philippines. :) I stayed in Boracay for two more full days (arrived Thursday, wedding was Saturday, went back to Manila Tuesday morning).  We went to Dubai and stayed for four more days before flying back to Dublin.  I had 3 weeks and 2 days including travel to and from.

Glad all is good with your Boracay wedding. :)

sanavanic

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:51 am »
thanks sissies! imbisibol and shegie_285.. i reviewed both ur websites and i must say ur dresses are beautiful! :)


iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 03:33:43 pm »
Hi sanavanic!  - You're very welcome sis!  Sooo happy for you that things are going well as planned! :)

Haven't decided on the entertainment yet but tempted to get a band! :)  For the flowers, I'd probably just choose among the styling/arrangements that the resort is currently offering.  For the entourage flowers, I'm considering Vatel.  For my bouquet, time permitting I'd do it my own (trying to be creative here!).

For the gown, I was initially looking at buying RTW from the US or Canada :)  But got attracted to a few local designers back in Manila (affordable but great) so I don't know yet, I change my mind all the time :)

k_go

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 05:20:15 pm »
@shegie_285: awwww thanks so much for the tips! i know exactly how it feels... although im sure everything's covered from this point, i i still feel something or some things might come up.. last minute transfers assistance, flight changes of guests, etc... getting anxious but excited din! :)

emramos

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »
Hello Boracay Brides (BB)!

I hope everyone's planning is going well.

A quick question, I'm on the Canadian Embassy and Australian Embassy in manila's website and it says that we need to go in person to ge our Legal Capacity to Marry and CNI. I am Canadian and my fiancee is Australian, I'm sure there is already an answer in past posts but I can't seem to find it.

Imbisibol Thank you so much for the info on Solana. I really didn't know what the bar looked like so I had nothing to base my decision on.

sanavanic I know you asked past brides this, but I'll answer anyway  :D hehe. My finacee and I will be staying five night in boracay. We will be living two days after our wedding. From there, we are visiting family in Manila for three days and then heading over to Thailand to volunteer for our honeymoon for a week. Afterwards we are spending three days in a different city (not sure where yet) then flying back to Toronto, all in all about three weeks trip. Are you going to take Air Canada?

sanavanic

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:47 am »
help: i haven't heard from amanda... i emailed her a week ago inquiring about her available dates for feb next year and no reply.. im not sure if i should book the hotel baka she wont be available on the date.. what do u guys think? start looking for other wedding planners in Boracay?

@emramos: thanks for the info.. i cant figure out our timeline yet. and since it's 2014 i cant get any quotes from travel agencies... i emailed them but i havent heard from them yet. FH wants to go to HK and Dubai after the wedding, I want to go to Palawan first, then Dubai then HK. I'm not sure if we're taking Air Canada.. I'm sure we'll pick the cheapest but Im so leery about our Airport (but what can u do?) I wish they would renovate it, kung airport lang I'm leaning towards PAL but they're very expensive and I'm not sure how my FH and by then my 2 y.o. daughter would be like on a 16hr direct flight to Manila...

Canadian Embassy: yes you need to go in person. I'm not sure about the Australian embassy but I think they're in the same building. RCBC Tower, I dont think you need an appointment and it won't take long but double check to be sure. So our plan is to go there on the first day right after we land and eat I guess (lol) to get it out of the way. For your husband.. i'm not sure.. what their government/ embassy requires but i'm sure it'll be ok...

k_go: all set? konti na lang... share your pictures! :)

Happy prepping ladies! we should all have a fb group page by now! lol.. It really is nice to have this bond with all you Boracay brides! :)

emramos

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:48 am »
@sanavanic I would give Amanda a few more days. I know its high season in the Philippines meaning she is probably super busy. One thing I can say is that you will not regret hiring her. She is great. My wedding is not a year away and I feel like I'm almost done with my planning. Also, I haven't heard that many reviews about wedding planners in Bora. Investigate here and google the other planners and see if you find any negative reviews. Can you remind which hotel you are booking again?
Also, which e-mail address did you send the inquiry too? I think she may have two but uses her yahoo one more.

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »
sanavanic - if Amanda hasn't responded to you.. here's a piece of info that might be of help to you.. these are the dates that she confirmed to me were no longer available, take note this is from our January 14 conversation:

"booked already are feb: 7,8,13,14,15,18,19,20,22 and the 28th, the other dates are open"

I like your idea of an FB page :)  - I'm not yet in the habit of checking GT everyday but I've got FB on all of my devices so I think in terms of getting in touch - I'd probably be more active lol

Hope everyone is good :D

emramos

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
I agree with iAmMariee... FB page would be a good idea :)

tWicked

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 08:30:27 pm »
Hello sisterettes, pa join din :)

I will also get married in Boracay in Jan next year and i am truly truly thankful for this thread! Hindi pa engaged, binabasa ko na to get tips :)

And now that I have caught up with the planning, pwede na maki contrbute at maki join :)

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 01:00:17 am »
Yay!  Another Boracay Bride!  Welcome to this thread tWicked! And Congrats in your recent engagement :)

How are your preps going? :)

emramos - now ko lang nabasa, pareho pala tayo ng resort, Asya :)

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:05 am »
hi girls and welcome to the thread tWciked! i'm excited for all of you! :) i still couldn't get over wedding stuff, 4+ months after, nagche-check pa din ako ng nga posts! although not regularly na dito sa GT.

k_go you're welcome. :) i'm sure you can't wait na for your big day.. may mga small stuff pa na susulpot pero carry na yan. just enjoy your day. :)


tWicked

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »
Thank u ladies!

I'm already booked at Discovery shores, getting Catilo for photo and Mayad for video. So far yun pa lang. I'm thinking I could rest a bit for now :)

Also, did anyone of u get add ons from Amanda, like confetti cones, fans, labelled water bottles and paper lanterns? Parang ang mahal kasi... Though i'm still weighing kung sulit na dn para hindi na isipin.

Who are the DJs that your getting? May ma rerecommend ba kayo?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close