Author Topic: Random act of kindness you'll never forget  (Read 28225 times)

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
Re: Random act of kindness you'll never forget
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2019, 02:18:53 pm »
^ best example yun ginawa ng mama mo sa what you reap is what you sow. gumawa ng kabutihan ang mama mo, inani nya ay kabutihan din. nagkataon lang na anak nya (ikaw) ang nakinabang ng kabutihan na yun.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:30:54 pm by three8one »
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

red_yesha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:34 am »
^nakakatuwa noh? Yung Goodvibes lumalaganap. Napapasa yung kabutihan hahaha.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. :)

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2019, 12:30:09 pm »
^ yeah nakakatuwa nga at sobrang nakaka blessed. sana maging blessing din tayo iba. :)
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

brokus

• GirlTalker
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:17 pm »
It happened way back in college, but I can still vividly remember.  It was summer vacation but I had to meet my thesis partner to complete our thesis eventhough I was already back in the province for the summer break. Since wala naman ako place to stay in Manila that time, I had to travel as early as 4AM pa to get to the meeting place on time. It was in Jollibee Katipunan then.  I waited for hours and hours but my thesis mate texted she will be late, said she had late night drinking daw. I felt really so bad about my situation, and probably because of lack of sleep and tiredness, I ended up crying while sitting alone in a corner table.

Suddenly, an old woman approached me. She hugged me so tight.  She dried my tears and said, ^do not worry, whatever is troubling you, it will pass, i will pray for you.^  I was speechless.  She then proceeded telling me that she was in jollibee because of her 3 grandkids who wanted to play there. She also told me that she was with her husband too, pointed to an old man and asked me if I knew him. I said no. It turns out, he was our chief of staff of AFP back then :-)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:53:47 am by brokus »

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2019, 10:32:26 pm »
I've had other situations that have received kindness from others but these two stand out because they happened on the same journey.

Back when I was applying for a job at a big company late 90s, I had a call to report to the office in Balintawak. I was coming from Mandaluyong. I get there only to be told that I had to go to the head office at Ortigas to complete my pre-employment medical. Being a new-grad scared to lose my prospective my first job with a good company, when I was told to be there by 2pm, I knew I had to get by butt there ASAP. However, ang layo non, panic na ko how to get there when it was already past noon. Plus the place was not familiar to me kung san ako sasakay para makarating.

Kindness#1 - nag cross na lang ako basta-basta after ko magtanong ng directions. At Balintawak, sige cross lang. Wrong move. A policeman waved to me and told me I was jaywalking. I could end up in jail. What? Maybe he saw that I was almost close to tears while explaining to him I was in an unfamiliar place and wasn't aware and I was in a hurry and how sorry I was. He let me go. Again, thank you, Mamang Pulis!

Kindness#2 - I decided to flag a taxi to take me the head office because riding buses intimidated me and with all the stops, I knew I wouldn't make the time. Absentmindedly, I sat in front beside the driver. He was the talky type. Fine. His small talk took my mind off worrying about the time. He asked me where I was heading and stuff. We got stuck in traffic - yikes. My money is not enough to get me to the office. I told manong that I only had this much money and if he could kindly drop me off when the meter reaches that amount. It was still a bit far and he knew I would not make it. He insisted on dropping me off. We get to the gate/guardhouse entrance. He told the guard he was going to drop me off at the lobby area because I was going for my medicals - very proudly, chest puffed up, as though I was his daughter. Almost made me tear up. Thank you, Manong Driver (a.k.a. Itay???!)

So I got to the head office just 10-20 mins late. I show up to the clinic reception.... and I wait... in a queue.  :o I was panicking because I thought I had an appointment. Turns out, it didn't matter if I got there normally (and not stressed out) since there wasn't an appointment and the medical took a few days to complete with all the tests.

TL/DR: 1) Caught jaywalking, was let go by kind policeman; 2) Ran out of money to pay the taxi fare, was still dropped off by kind driver despite that.

How did I get home that day, you wonder? From there, it took just minimum fare to get to my house. I had some coins to cover that.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close