watch now

Author Topic: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!  (Read 28620 times)

ladychris17

  • Guest
The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:55 am »
Plum lipsticks seem to be the it-shade not only last or this season, but this 2013. Yes, itwas understandable that the fall and winter season collections came up with their kwn plums, but I was surprised that Chanel Spring 2013, and even the latest MAC collections like Apres Chic, had several plums, and that could ony mean one thing: it's on-trend.

This is very timely as I have been keeping a single plum leaning shade and have been using it often asof late because I discovered that, getting lots of compliments with it, it sited me wel and brought out some glow outlf my dull pale skin.
Anyways, I'd love to get it over with and just go ahead and buy Tom Ford's Black Orchid, the cult black-red, but I couldn't afford that, so I'm looking at other options.
So far, MAC has a wide variety but I'm not so sure about the formula so I'm looking at Chanel's newest version lf Rouge Noir, the new RA one.

Anyone else magneted by the plum trend?

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:14:11 am »
Plum is really not my color, it's not actually universal, and it dims my face but among the plums but not sure if plum ba talaga, the best na that i like i Chanel's la Sensuelle.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »
Is Revlon Black Cherry considered plum? If yes, than I have one plum lippie!

stronger_me

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »
mac's rebel

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:07:03 pm »
^^ Pwede sis chel! Musta pala yan sayo?

bili na ko sa wednesday ng L'Impatiente RAV or Rouge Noir RA sa Chanel. No hope na ralaga Revlon,  kahit kanina nasa Shiseido ako 20% off bibili na sana ako ng isang plum kaso walang stock, and in my despair I grabbed two other plums that weren't as dark pero no luck din. Buti nalang rin or I might have done another compulsive buy. At least yung Chanel nastudy ko talaga the shades. :) sana may holiday pa!

Wanda fairy

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »
Mixing occ lip tars. .... In hoochie+ tone+ katricia + pretty boy ....2:1:2:2 ratio

If sleek pout paints.... Milkshake + blue

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 01:53:57 am »
^ parang angbtrabaho yata niyan sis haha pero may blue ba na sleek pount paint? Interesting jf ever. :)

Kaya I like plums kasi it is a powerful color without being girly. It demands attention, but not in the "look at me I'm hot" sort of way, but in the "take me seriously" sort of way, while still being pretty. :D

VainLilly

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
Subtle plum look for me is occ lip tar in memento mixed with hush.

But if black orchid type, looks like black cherry to me, i mix occ lip tar in strumpet + nsfw.



ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:27 am »
Where do you girls buy your occ lip tars? Do you use lang the back of your hands to mix? Mukhang masarap nga icollect dahil mixy marchy! :)

currently lookibg at Sleek Lipstick in Mulberryl. Sayang  wala sina sis smile and sol mura sana maganda pang trial super dark plum kasi. :D

Oblina

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »
parang pang matanda ang plum na lipstick, but i agree that this is the lip color that exudes seriousness. if i were to buy one, yung swatch ng l'impatiente chanel ang ookay sa skin tone ko

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:00 pm »
Gusto ko ma try yung ganitong shade but I doubt it if bagay sa akin..  ::)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 10:26:37 pm »
Gusto ko ma try yung ganitong shade but I doubt it if bagay sa akin..  ::)

Naku sis lovely ganyan din isip ko before. Sa swap ko lang nalaman na bagay pala saakin kasi auper di bagay yung nilet go ko nun so I thought wala namang mawawala ibenta nalang pag di bagay. Turns out isa sa yung mufe 46 sa moat used shades ko lately :)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:26 am »
Hindi ako sure if bagay sakin deeper plum shades like TF Black Cherry pero from what I've seen buildable naman siya so you can tailor it to yout preference, gusto ko din sana i-try pero by November na siguro kasi malapit na mag-summer ulit. Hehe.

I wouldn't say na pang-matanda siya, more nakaka-tanda siguro yung shade kasi medyo matapang so dapat the rest of the makeup is bare para youthful ang dating, at most bronzer to slightly contour and mascara lang gagamitin.

kawaii_doll

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »
sis Tin, how bout wet n wild cherry bomb? it's a very dark plummy shade.

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »
sis Tin, how bout wet n wild cherry bomb? it's a very dark plummy shade.

Thanks sis! Checked it, pretty nga. Pati sugar plum fairy parang nice din. Now to find a seller... :D

Anyway nagpabili nadin pala ako ng Chanel Rouge Noir, hopefully makuha ko na later and sana bagay sakin. :)


I think though, na plum can be worn by anyone depende sa intensity and undertones. May mga plum shades din kasi na brown based which are warm, meron ding purple based which are cool. Kung mas bata they could get away with really vampy shades pero kung older siguro mas muted dapat kasi nga nakakatanda pero yung pagkatanda niya, in an elegant way.
Plum is my new red, I guess. I've been wanting and wanting to find a red I could always wear, but somehow I found that plums were more wearable kasi they're less bright pero still makes my skin pop. :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:06:06 pm by ladychris17 »

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »
Got Nars Volga today, and was pleasantly surprised by the formula of the Pure Matte lipsticks. Ang smooth lang and very different from the semi-mattes of the traditional one. <3 di ko pa naroadtest sa labas pero so far ang sarap ng feel niya sa lips at mukha long lasting, sana totoo!

Next will either MAC Rebel or both Cherrby Bomb and Sugar Plum Fairy from WnW. Iniisip ko pa. :)

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 08:48:14 pm »
^ I'll wait for your review on that MAC Rebel Tin.. Noon ko pa gusto bumili niyan but I am not yet convinced. Hehe..

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:23 pm »
^ haha ako din nga! Pero sabi nila Sugar Plum Fairy is a dupe daw of MAC Rebel, so I'm thinking of getting that instead may bonus pa na 2 other WnW lippies and still cheaper kaso iniisip ko yung formula, sugal nanaman. Sa MAC kasi sure na kong okay sakin yung Amplified na strong color.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:02 pm »
^Hindi bagay sakin si MAC Rebel. Medyo off. I guess pang red lipstick lang talaga ako. Haha!

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: The Perfect Plum Lipstick!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »
^^ Sa akin naman di bagay yung amplified mas okay pa ako sa matte.. Sana naging matte na lang ang Rebel. Haha!

^ Buti ka pa Caren alam mo na kung ano ang bagay at di bagay sayo.. Ako hindi ko pa alam kung bagay sa akin ang Plum. It's a risk kumbaga and I will take that risk. Haha..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close