watch now

Author Topic: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11  (Read 104043 times)

hayne22

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #500 on: February 05, 2014, 07:10:46 am »
question lang mga sis, yung mga pinirmahan naten na ds-160 form yung medyo mahaba need ba iprint yun? or yung 2 pages lang na barcode?

marge_medina

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #501 on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:56 am »
what do you think of my chances of being granted a tourist visa? i am petitioned (F2B)by my mother( btw my parents, brother and sister are US immigrants), i am single with a 7 yr old daughter, government employee.

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »
question lang mga sis, yung mga pinirmahan naten na ds-160 form yung medyo mahaba need ba iprint yun? or yung 2 pages lang na barcode?

^yung confirmation lang kailangan ng DS-160 pero pwede mo rin iprint yung app form talaga para may reference ka. yung questions naman dun based sa sinubmit mo.

interview ko na next week. nerbyos! haha

shedevil1208

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #503 on: February 07, 2014, 02:25:46 pm »
So I've been lurking this thread for 10 years now.

Me: Hi Good morning (handed over my latest passport with the ds160 inserted - then included my 2 previous passports w/o us visa)
VO: Good morning, What is your purpose?
Me: for a vacation
VO: when was the last time you were issued a visa?
Me: I've never had a us visa sir
VO: Oh, (looking at my 2 passports with travel stamps for HK 6x, Macau (2x), SG (2x), MY, India visa)
VO: What did you do in India?
Me: I was sent by my company, previous company to help out
VO: What kind of company do you work for?
Me: Its a BPO company
VO: So you have XXX number of employees?
Me: Yes sir
VO: How many years have you worked in this field?
Me: 7 years
VO: So will you visit your relatives in the US? (All my father's side are there, i answered yes to both immediate and non immediate to my DS160)
Me: Yes sir
VO: Who are the relatives you have there?
Me: My father is there
VO: Your visa is approved, Enjoy your trip!
Me: Thank you so much! (then swiftly walked away like nothing happened - just had a poker face not showing if i was approved or not)

I was nervous, yes. But every question he asked were answered like I never had to think! Thank god to you sisses for posting the possible questions. I had them on a powerpoint and did them like flash cards and practiced every night before I sleep. I sounded confident, consistent, didnt crack my voice coz of my nervousness, and smiled a lot. I made sure that my answers made a story, starting from my DS160 and how I projected in front of him.

My profile:
Denied when I was 21, and 28.
33 - working as a manager in a call center, reason, for a vacation (2 weeks), approved!
Single (red flag)
father - us citizen now, with his parents, siblings, and all of his family there (red flag)
With an APPROVED F2B petition in 2011 (RED FLAG!)
College: BS Physical Therapy, grad 2000

I didnt have a fancy clear book to hold my documents unlike my previous tries, just an old brown envelope with masking tapes LOL.

Just brought my pay stubs, and coe (not asked)

I've read every Gtalk thread here and gathered the questions. Thanks thanks thanks!

I promised myself to post my story whether I get approved or not. :)

Now I got my passport delivered to my office 3 days after, didn't receive them coz I was out, and redelivered on the 4th day  (province). 10 multiple entry!

Im finally able to see LAS VEGAS baby! Yeah!

BTW, I forgot to give my 2x2 pic, so when I got to the hotel, I called their call center and asked how I should provide, they said its good as I've already attached the softcopy on my application.

I hope this helps! :)

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #504 on: February 07, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »
^thanks for sharing sis! may napansin ka bang trend ng mga nadedeny habang nasa embassy ka?

alexsy

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #505 on: February 09, 2014, 08:15:29 am »
congrats shedevil!!! kelan ka pupunta sa vegas?  :D

goodluck beachpatrol! :D

shedevil1208

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #506 on: February 09, 2014, 11:24:47 am »
@beachpatrol Well yes, usually those who appear to be really nervous and trembling (which is very common when you are in front of the windo na). They cant answer straight, VO needs to ask questions differently (IMO).

I am happy to have witnessed that VO's asks a lot of questions nowadays, unlike my previous tries, mga 1 or 2 lang, deny agad.

When I was there, you can hear a lot of conversations going, so you have to really answer whatever may be asked based off your DS160.

@alexsy thanks sis! Im planning this April or May. Weee!

euwie

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #507 on: February 09, 2014, 07:03:47 pm »
 I had my interview with my 3 month old baby last friday. Approved naman pero grabe kabwisit yung greeter hindi nya pinayagan mommy ko na kasama sa loob e 3 months pa lang baby ko,wala naman dito sa pinas mister ko. Sa sobrang hirap na hirap na ko sa sitwasyon namin ni baby,wala na talaga akong pakialam sa interview basta ang iniisip ko lang nun sana matapos na. 2 hours siguro tinagal ng buong process.

Anyway, the questions were:
1. Where are you working?
- i'm a flight attendant with Emirates airlines.
Consul: let me see A's face. (Then he started to smile while looking at my baby)
2. For how long?
- i've been with them since jan 2009,so 5 years.
3. So you'll be traveling with your husband?
- yes sir.
4. You're going to stay in california?
- yes sir.
5. For how long?
-Just 1 week.
6. How much does your husband earn monthly?
- (me thinking first).....if you convert it to peso, it's around xx,xxx.
7. Do you own any properties here in the Philippines?
- we bought condo units in front of the airport. (Nakalimutan ko tawag sa area na yun so medyo nagstutter ako. Newport pala.)
Consul:ok, you're approved,thank you.

Sobrang saglit lang ng interview proper. Before me, ang daming nadedeny. Pero since gustung gusto ko na makalabas ng embassy,wala na talaga akong pakialam sa kalalabasan ng interview. Walang hininging documents sa kin and hindi rin ako tinanong about our personal travels. Bagong bago passport ko so ni isang tatak wala. Nung nasa bahay na kami,saka lang nag sink in sa kin na yes! Hindi nasayang P14,400 namin!  ;D

xtine

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #508 on: February 09, 2014, 08:46:20 pm »
One thing I noticed,  we always call them "Sir" or "ma'am".  Actually, caucasians don't want to be called by those.  Naiinsulto sila.  I know coz I am working for an american company with american bosses. 

They would normally be preferred to be called by their first name. 

euwie

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #509 on: February 09, 2014, 09:49:19 pm »
^i know that too, i work abroad and we call people by their first name regardless of their position (syempre exception kung ceo na kausap namin na sheik di ba). But i think they're used to it since they're here in the Philippines. Hindi naman sya mukhang nainsulto nung tinawag ko syang sir. Di ko rin naman kasi alam 1st name nya  ::)

xtine

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #510 on: February 10, 2014, 10:21:49 am »
^Sis, that's right.  Although, I noticed when I had my US visa interview both in Manila and here in Singapore, the interviewees (even pinoys!) here in SG are more straight forward, confident but polite.  Kaya hindi naiintimidate sa consul.

Unlike sa pinas, pinoys often see these consuls as somewhat of a higher authority, which I don't think they are.  They are just there to vouch that you are worthy of getting your US visa approved.

I know this cause I noticed my mom answer the consul in such a manner na parang si consul ang boss nya.  Even those before us, talagang sir ang tawag with halong takot pag sumagot.  For me, no need to put them in pedestal, just answer them truthfully in a confident way nang hindi na natin kelangan bumaba mashado is already enough.  Sayang naman ang magandang suot natin at alahas kung tingin ni consul sa atin is mashado tayong submissive.  :) 

I guess another key to US visa approvals is confidence during the interview.

By the way sis, congrats on getting your visa. :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:27:13 am by xtine »

euwie

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #511 on: February 10, 2014, 12:55:59 pm »
^Thanks sis! Korek ka dun, yun rin pansin ko,nasesense nila fear sa atin na para bang may tinatago kaya tuloy lalo hindi nagagrant ng visa. Dapat talaga kapag sumagot with confidence. Thanks dito sa thread na to. Dito ko nalaman na dapat isang tanong isang sagot. Mommy ko rin kasi nung tinanong ako ano daw mga q&a,sana daw sinabi ko ganito ganyan (praising USA),sabi ko dapat hindi ganon napaghahalataan pa lalong atat na atat makapunta us e. Hehe ;D

lucky_mom

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #512 on: February 12, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »
Hi Sis,

This is my first time to post on this thread.
My elder sister is getting married in US this May (it supposed to be sa October pa). 
Me, my sister and my dad already had our passport ang kulang na lang ay yung kay baby at kay hubby in process na sila.
Here's my dilemma,  Is there possibility na makaabot kami sa interview before May? by April or End of March. Or dapat kahit hindi pa completo magpaschedule na kami?
All supporting documents will be completed on mid of March including passport of my Hubby.
Since we will be travelling as a family pwede kaya na sabay sabay din ang interview namin?

Thanks in Advance!

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #513 on: February 12, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »
^hi sis, kailangan kasi yung passport details sa application form so I suggest complete niyo muna ang passport. yung ibang reqts hindi naman kailangan agad agad pag magpapaschedule palang. just make sure complete na siya before your interview.

yup pwede sabay sabay ang interview pero isa-isa parin kayo i-assess ng VO.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:24:09 pm by beachpatrol »

D_12

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »
Hi guys! I filled up an application form ds160 last year but hindi natuloy yung application namin last year. Can i use the previous application form or do i have to fill up a new pne?

beachpatrol

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2014, 02:52:40 pm »
I had my interview earlier. I WAS APPROVED :)

Waited for 2.5 hours for my interview. Sa window 3 ako, yung visa officer lady with glasses, medyo old na.

VO: Hi how are you?
Me: Good morning. Great, thank you!
VO: What's the purpose of your trip?
Me: Visit theme parks in Orlando, Florida; visit my relatives there and some shopping
VO: Who are your relatives there?
Me: My aunt and her family
VO: How long do you plan to stay there?
Me: 3 weeks
VO: What do you do?
Me: I'm a <position> for <company>
VO: How long have you been working for the company?
Me: 2 years 7 months this month
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: Turning 7 years this year
VO: How much is your monthly salary?
Me: <answer>
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have a BF? Fiance? (natatawa siya, I don't know why hahaha)
Me: No
VO: Do you own a home?
Me: Yes
VO: Your visa will be delivered in a week.
Me: Thank you!

Pagtalikod ko sabay "YES!" hahahaha :rotflmao: Hintay ko nalang kung multiple entry ibibigay :)

Nagtaka ako bakit hindi na ako tinanong kung nag travel na ba ako abroad or kung may iba pa akong relatives doon. :hmm:

Anyway, thank you sa lahat ng tips ninyo. Ang masasabi ko lang be confident in answering the questions - dapat sure na sure ka sa sagot mo, direct eye contact, wag mag stutter, smile and PRAY. So ngayon masasabi ko na kahit single ka at nasa twenties ay malaki parin ang chance na ma-approve! Maraming nadeny kanina sa lahat ng windows pero marami din na-approve. Halu-halo, may family, seniors at single. Meron pa nga ako nakasabay mukhang sosyal at narinig ko may Canadian visa na daw siya etc kasi nagkukwento siya habang nasa pila kami pero ayun, denied.

Good luck to all applicants! :)

alexsy

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2014, 10:06:10 pm »
congrats sis beachpatrol!!
baka kaya natawa yung consul sa bf part kasi baka dapat daw mag bf ka na . of age na e  :D
kailan ang alis mo for florida?

Madness

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2014, 10:30:38 pm »
oh my gosh! Congrats, Beachpatrol!

Pagkabasa ko ng reply mo napasigaw talaga ako. So happy for you. ( remember we have the same situation). Hoping talaga maging gaya mo rin ako.  Goodluck!  ;D

black_opal

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #518 on: February 14, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »
Hi guys! I'm planning to schedule an interview for my US Visa next week because my family and I plan on going to a 13 day West Coast Tour on Holy Week. Hopefully, I get approved. My only worry is that baka mabigyan lang ako ng US Visa na only valid for 3 weeks. When I applied kasi there's a question na "do you have a specific travel plan?" and I answered "Yes" and details like when are we leaving or where will we stay is based on our itinerary.

My parents and my sister got a US Visa valid for 10 years. I'm hoping to get one that's good for 10 years as well because we hope to go on an East Coast tour after our West Coast tour. Any advice or swerte swerte lang talaga? :)

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #519 on: February 14, 2014, 09:10:04 pm »
^i would say swerte swerte.. kasi may mga kakilala ako na pasyal lang talaga ang habol pero nadedeny. siguro sa profile narin nila.

ex: 1cousin na nursing grad. for renewal lang ha, nakapunta na ng U.S before, tapos buong pamilya binigyan ulit, pwera siya. :(

pasyal lang talaga sila buong family pero denied parin. kasi nga malamang nursing grad.

ex#2. friend na newly grad. not nursing course. ganun rin, renewal lang tapos denied. siguro dahil kaka graduate lang.

pero mga walang balak mag overstay yan doon.

spill ko lang--- ako nag overstay noon for 7months (but i applied for an extension na hindi ko na nalaman kung approved or hindi kasi umuwi na ako). nung pag renew ko, 10yrs ulit binigay.

so swerte swerte? YES for me. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close