watch now

Author Topic: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11  (Read 104007 times)

mikage_matsunaga

  • Guest
US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:21:45 pm »
i'm not sure po if there's an 11th thread, pls delete na lang po if one exists already. thank you. :)

mga sis do i have a chance po of getting a tourist visa application approved, meron po ako naka file na employment based immigrant petition and still waiting for my priority to be current. tia po! :)

gripfast

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »
I am planning to get my son a visa next month. I already have a visa (multiple for 10 years). mabibibigyan kaya son ko? he'll be turning 2 april 2013.

pink_baby

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:21:58 pm »
I have a question din po. I have savings account but most of my money is actually in MESALA (Meralco Employees Savings and Loan Association) with passbook naman ito, and I am planning pa to invest most of my savings sa Unit Investment Trust Fund (UITF) ng BDO. So bale my money is in 3 platforms. Will that be acceptable if they ask me for capacity to cover cost of the trip? I will be travelling naman with my husband and siya naman, savings account lang ang kanya :)

Kasi if gusto talaga nila bank account lang, I have to transfer everything to my bank account kasi shempre dahil hati sa 3, mukha maliit lang savings ko. Isip ko din it might be a good thing na 3 platforms to prove evidence of ties.

Im working more than 6 years na in a tv network, my husband is a training manager for more than 3 years in a company in makati, we just got married last year, waiting for our recently bought condo to be turned over by Sept (plus points ito right to prove ties?), we traveled all over asia na, my husband had a 1 year us visa before so he visited US na, purpose of travel to visit relatives and watch NBA & NFL live (around November)...
what do you think? :)

Thank you po sisses!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:40:53 pm by pink_baby »

cutiemiel

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:07 pm »
Received our passport today  with stamped visa (10yrs) (hubby and 2 kiddos first timer lang kami)..  walang hiningi sa amin na any docs but prepared naman kami (land titles, car reg, employment contract and bank cert),  ask lang consul mga country na na travel namin then nagfocus na siya sa work ni hubby (OFW) ask lang ng salary niya  at hiningi ang dollar conversion then ako may work ako sabi ko housewife lang but nag work ako before. ayun 2-3 mins lang interview tapos agad  kaya super happy kamii.. :) :)

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 02:53:56 am »
^ Sis, when kayo kumuha ng interview sched? Planning to apply also, this weekend pa lang kami magsasubmit ng application online. Hopefully me makuha pang available interview sched within January din.. Hubby had a 10-yr visa before, nag-expire nung 2010. Now lang sya aapply ulit. Ako naman, first-timer..

cutiemiel

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 09:16:02 am »
^^ sis first week ng Dec kami nagpa sched then Jan 4 ang interview..

skylar-ddm

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 12:01:56 am »
^  sis, 2 separate applications ba finill up nyo ni hubby mo?  tapos pag pasched ng interview papano gagawing sabay ang sched nyo?  ganun kase ginawa namin, eh may option pala na after ifill up yung one application form kung may another family member na mag-aapply kaso naclick ko na yung confirm and hindi ko na makita yung option na yun ngayon.  dec 20 ko pa natapos yung application form ko , until now di pa tapos si hubby so di tuloy kame makapagpa-schedule.  HElp!!!

chihirosen

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:08 am »
ok lang yan sis, ganun din sa amin ng siblings ko parang isang buwan ang pagitan ng pag fill up ng application. pagdating sa scheduling may option dun to add family members para sure na pareho kayo ng slot na makukuha. then when you get to the embassy they will confirm na family kayo then you will be given just 1 queue number so sabay kayo sa lahat ng windows (from screening to consul interview)

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:14 pm »
I have a question/problem.

On the DS160 form I wrote my middle name with my given name, as stated in the FAQ. Finished this a month ago, and paid na din, only got a chance to schedule an appointment now. The appointment site asks for the first name, so I gave my first name only. Now I'm panicking kasi baka sabihin di pareho. Eh na-sched ko na, so I can't change it. What to do?? Okay lang ba yun? Or should I call??? I'm applying with my brother and my sister, and they also did that. :|

They asked naman for the DS160 confirmation eh, that one has my full name naman right? :(

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 11:57:39 pm »
^ sis, wala ako sagot sa taning mo. Pero ako, pwede magtanong sayo?

Ano earliest available interview sched as of today? Tomorrow pa kasi kami magbabayad, though nasubmit na namin ang online form kanina.. So tomorrow night pa kami makakasecure ng appointment... I just wanna know if ano possible date range makuha namin..

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 12:24:34 am »
^i scheduled mine 4 days ago, latest na sched na andun is feb 8. 630am. i dunno if ganun pa rin till now but mostly 630-730am slots yung open

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 01:13:52 am »
I am planning to get my son a visa next month. I already have a visa (multiple for 10 years). mabibibigyan kaya son ko? he'll be turning 2 april 2013.

If you used your visa previously, yes. 
But best  you have a family-related reason -- like:  the grandparents live in the US.  There is a family wedding...   Do not say kasi  Disneyland ganito ganyan -- madeny yan (2 yo lang),  baka pati sa yo bawiin.  (Oh yes, the visa given can be cancelled anytime during its validity). 

Madali sila maka appreciate that you cannot leave the kid behind. Gets nila yon.
Mas gets nila more,  if you are asked -- yes, you have a full-time yaya here.
Isipin nila hindi mo makayanan mag TNT na walang yaya. Haha

I remember when we were young and Pinatubo erupted --  everybody used that as the excuse for applying for visas for even less than a year old infants & yayas. Ayaw iwanan sa Phils in case
Pinatubo erupts again - eh they closed down Clark na nga. 

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 12:27:37 pm »
@bagaholic_chewy, last night may konti pa sa January. We are qualified for VRP so I don't know if that affects the availability (alam ko kasi mas madali makakuha ng sched kapag qualified). :)

hope someone could answer my question! :D Re: First Name on Appointment Schedule

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 12:36:03 pm »
^ thanks sa reply, sis. Sayang nga si hubby kasicdi na nag-qualify sa vrp.. Lampas one year na kasi nagexpire previous visa nya.. Sana makakuha pa kami ng January... :)

nicaa

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »
ok lang yan sis, ganun din sa amin ng siblings ko parang isang buwan ang pagitan ng pag fill up ng application. pagdating sa scheduling may option dun to add family members para sure na pareho kayo ng slot na makukuha. then when you get to the embassy they will confirm na family kayo then you will be given just 1 queue number so sabay kayo sa lahat ng windows (from screening to consul interview)

same lang din kaya ito pag sa VRP? kailangan ko kasi mag renew ng visa ASAP, nagfill up na ko ng form pero to be continued pa. nilagay ko sa travel companion ko is yung sister ko na kasabay ko sana magrenew, for VRP din sya. kaso hindi ko pa sure kung makakasabay sya sakin mag renew. pwede rin bang ganito ang gawin namin? mag fill up kami ng magkaibang application form then pag sa scheduling dun ko na lang sya i-add as family member (if ever makakasabay sya sakin)? iniisip ko kasi pag iisa lang ang application form namin e mahirapan ako magcancel ng appointment ng sister ko kasi til now di pa sya sure kung kelan sya pwede. anyone knows kung anong dapat gawin pag VRP?  :D

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 11:08:07 am »
Help. I just found out (I know, it was very stupid of me not to have double checked the date) that by an honest mistake, I scheduled for appearance on January 22. I cannot cancel online, I intended to schedule for January 25, it must have been the crappy internet that screwed up the page that I had to click the "submit" button again, and I didn't notice na January 22.

Do you think there's any chance I could cancel and reschedule by calling them? January 22 is on Tuesday na. Or should I just stick to this date?

(Just a background on our sched, I was supposed to apply with my siblings when my mother gets home from Qatar, but all of us are age of majority na. That's why I scheduled for February 25 sana. I checked and my siblings are 25. The only problem I see from this is I might get rejected if I apply alone, though I can say my siblings are scheduled on Feb; plus, the documents are in my mom's files, and I might have trouble retrieving them)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm qualified for VRP

---

Never mind, I already called.

Anyway, apparently I should have put "B1/B2" to qualify for VRP, but since I put B2 only (based on my DS160), the consul may or may not consider me VRP eligible, because B2 is not VRP daw??? I dont get it.

Anyway, okay lang either way... The only problem with getting turned away on Tuesday is I might get a later date. :( Which is also fine... Hay.

I'm being optimistic about everything, because after all, had I not checked my appointment schedule (even though I was sure that I chose Feb 25), things would've been worse.

:D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:03:13 pm by minnie99 »

cherry*coke

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:45:58 am »
Hi sissies, I'm an LPR and pregnant.. I want my parents to come over here when I give birth. What are the chances na maapprove sila for a tourist visa?. I'm partially sponsoring their stay here, Pero sila talaga gagastos for their trip. Thanks!

greyzie

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:29 pm »
^i have 3 friends that are LPR and asked their parents for a visit. all were granted naman. just make sure that your parents know your details there: work, address, etc. 

cherry*coke

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:10 pm »
^thanks sis. Do you think I'd need to write the embassy a letter stating my condition, or parents KO na any bahalang magsabi nun on their interview?

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: US Embassy / US Visa Thread 11
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 08:37:15 pm »
Sisses, I am qualified for VRP. Kailangan ko lang isubmit yung basic docs diba? Pero I have bank cert and employment cert. Do you think it would be advantageous to submit it? O kapag hiningi na lang?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close