Author Topic: Being married to a foreigner...  (Read 10785 times)

Starlust

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 10:54:30 pm »
@recy - we used to live in Manila but moved out a couple of months ago.

For the permanent resident visa, you'll have to inquire at BOI talaga. If your wedding is in December pa, then what he can do temporarily is stay on a tourist visa (which is free for 21 days, then he can extend the 21 day stay to to 59 days for around 3,500 PHP).  After that 1st extension, he can do a visa run (go out of the Phils for a couple of days) come back and repeat or if he doesn't want to do a visa run he can do another extension but he'll have to pay for the ACR card (around 8k) plus extension fees.
Not sure if the process has changed but that's how things were til a couple of months ago.

I used to manage recruitment and normally for hiring of aliens who are at upper management, exec or C level (CEO, CFO, etc.) the company will shoulder processing of his work visa, ACR and the like. If not, he'll have to secure a work permit & ACR on his own - estimated cost would be around 14-18k and look for a job.

What field does he specialize in? Maybe I can forward his resume to my contacts :) I'm already 'retired' kasi nga we moved out of Manila but I can still help.





freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 07:26:48 am »
^ i think, and of course i may be wrong and cannot make sweeping generalizations- but it looks like filipino men have a hang up with their machismo.  it's like they need to prove something- and if having side dishes make them feel accomplished, then that's what they do.

freelancer_babe, i think naman in every race may mga babaero. maybe it's more defined sa ibang races pero i think nasa tao pa din yan.

Yep, I understand, in every race may babaero... given na yan. I could really read articles online written by foreigners about infidelity that happen in their own races forever.

Yun lang I hear more complaints from those pinays who married pinoy guys and even met a lot of pinoy guys who are married and yet still want to get into secret affairs... wala pa akong naririnig na complaint about womanizing activities from pinays who married foreigners.

Most likely nga, these filipino guys are trying to find affirmation, kung uubra pa sila or hindi sa ibang girls even if they are attached to someone. Or maybe because our country doesn't easily grant annulment or permit divorce, so those filipino men whose marriage have already crumbled even if they're still committed. Also, at least kasi sa foreigners they have have divorce in their country so they could cleanly start another relationship, while dito naman, it's a crime to live with someone who is married.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 10:15:44 am »
i guess mas prevalent yung mga pinoys for us kasi we are also in the philippines? hehe  ;D pero i was cheated on by a chinese and american na (i'm chinese) so for me parepareho lang sila. also, another instance, i had a staff before na morena beauty na pwedeng pang miss universe. she's a kept woman of a german expat. so nagchecheat din sila :) pero i guess mas malakas lang yung machismo here in the philippines kasi yung ibang westerners especially europeans they are very secure naman and mas malambot sila compared to pinoy na pa-macho effect lagi.

NC

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 02:03:01 pm »
I have an older sister who married a Brit guy and they have been married for a long time. They and their  kids(now grown ups) visit the old country often for the weather(UK can get below zero during winter)and visit our aging parents.My brother in law is very responsible family guy(I cannot say every Brit is) and I have nothing to say except he is very tight/frugal with his money. Nothing really wrong with that. They also come and visit us in  the  US(CA) once in a while.  About male pinoys not doing household chores, a lot of pinoys here do a lot of household chores like me. You do not have much of a choice. No maids or very expensive to have one.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:30:24 am by NC »

ripe_mango

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »
I have to agree with most of the ladies here, being married to a non Filipino is great. My British (Welsh) husband is not extravagant with declarations of love for me in terms of rose petals strewn around the floor with fireworks kind of way. But being married to him and even before that, I can go to bed every night knowing that my heart is always safe and that I wake up everyday happy. Someone once told me anyway that it's all in the details, the everyday stuff  :)

My husband is also tight/frugal with his money or in his defense he says, "I'm not cheap just carefeul". I am more makalat than he is so he always cleans up after me even when we travel. Also, he treats our dog like he's really our little baby. I guess being British and loving dogs go hand in hand.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »
I don't see much difference as to being married to a Pinoy or a foreigner. Marami akong friends puro Pinoy napangasawa and they lead great lives naman din. I'm married to an Arab(Lebanese) and walang kinaiba sa Pinoy sa pag-uugali.Meron din akong mga kakilala na dusa sa "foreigner"nila. Hubby isn't tight with money-on the contrary! He lavishes me, I'm sort of a spoiled wife ;D Ang ugali niya when it comes to money , same kami. It's a means to have a good life, and God is good He will always provide. Shopaholic na ako before nya ako napangasawa (nurse po ako sa UAE, now we're in Australia) and it hasn't changed,nadagdagan lang ng outlet ang spending ko-kay baby :) I buy as I please, no questions asked. Katwiran niya, if it makes me happy, he's happy. Pero hindi ibig sabihin non wala kaming ipon,super nakakaipon pa rin, wise lang sa spending. We're far from frugal and that's one thing I'm glad pareho kami ng views in life.

potpotpo

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:45:23 pm »

Im married to an Arab as well. I can safely say that we are very happy together. Some people raises their eyebrow when they know im married to an Arab kasi mostly daw nananakit,masama ugali or something, pero mas masama pa yata ang ugali ko sa kanya  ;D sobrang bait sobrang maalaga sobrang sweet, he dont mind posting sweet nothings on facebook too  ;D

23and14

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »
me and my english husband was based in singapore before relocating back here in the phils and so far he is enjoying it even if we just came back a few months ago.  his 13a spouse visa was just recently approved and because of that we were able to open a joint account already and buy some properties together (condo under his name, house and lot under mine).

as per phil work, 13a probationary visa won't allow him to work here even if he got offers on expat rate.  pero he maintains his own IT business and do projects remotely then just bill his global clients after.

my husband is not really high maintenance but he is very generous and spoils me alot. he is showy too and para nga under ko na sya eh. lol. high maintenance lang sya sa food and yung mga gusto nya english sausages and bacon and hurger patties normally sa rustans and s&r lang meron.  he is not a fan of filipino food too.

happy to spend forever with him...

plumpolka

  • Guest
Re: Being married to a foreigner...
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »
I also want to be married to a foreigner someday. HAHAHA But I'm scared to date them kasi baka they're too liberated. Im not into casual sex kasi and the last time I was on a date, student pa ako. it's nice to be able to read your posts here regarding your husbands :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close