watch now

Author Topic: How to stop smoking?  (Read 8342 times)

monbla

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:52 am »
2 months and 9 days here. Cold turkey. Mas madali na and less stressful, even when with my ex-smoking buddies. :)

AngelicFez

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 09:13:45 am »
effective sa min ni hubby ang denkat e-cigarette.. yun muna ang pinalit namin then gradually tinigil na din namin mag-vape after mga 3 months.. yun nga lang after almost a year, back to smoking na naman kami  :( siguro cold turkey na din lang gawin namin.. sana masimulan na namin & magtuloy tuloy na

OD

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:43 am »
^^ A support group could help but a workable substitute to this addiction is equally necessary. There had been massive studies done that fortify the genetic underpinnings of any forms of addiction. And smoking is one addiction that rarely an individual overcomes by quitting cold turkey. Chances for regression is rather high. If one's genetically wired to getting hooked over something, cessation would entail a difficult and protracted process and the only way stopping a vice can be done is by finding a substitute to the given addictive substance. Find a replacement, find a lesser evil ika nga.

Let me share my story. Im the last member in the family who turned into smoking to moderate anxiety and to help overcome the bloat after a binge. I used to smoke every after a heavy meal till it came to a point when I reached for a stick kahit breakfast pa lang. I forced myself to get into fitness regimens that would require me to lessen my smoking sessions coz it will hamper my effective performance of routines. I did yoga sessions specifically. I attended classes pa on a daily basis to fully immerse myself and form the habit of being active, fitness-oriented and eventually strengthen the inclination. When you smoke di ba, you tend to get runny nose after some time and your airways get clogged by hardened mucus which impedes with effortless breathing. Eh sa yoga, rhythmic and deep long breathing is important so I was compelled to stop the vice and continue imbibing the high i get from a workout. Post-workout delirium draws me like insects get drawn to a lamp. So ayun, my mindless desire to smoke gradually dissipated till now that I would grimace whenever I inadvertently become at the receiving end of somebody's puffing. Gusto kong sapukin, sa tpotoo lang pag may smoker na nap aka-insensitibo sa ideya ng passive smoking. The issues abt passive smoking had been extensively discussed and reported that its rather improbable in this day and age that a smoker would be ignorant of that.

It's been a couple of years that my mouth and a cigarette had not met. HAD not have to put final closure to that chapter of my life I put in review whenever I chance upon an opportunity like this to sway another smoker to smoke-less living. :)

angelina08

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 01:35:47 am »
i dont smoke but my friend tried the e-cigarette and it seems to work

dear_prudence

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 04:38:56 pm »
Some of my friends resorted to using e cigarettes and they say its effective din naman and when they try to smoke real cigarettes again, iba na daw talaga yung taste. It tastes like burning paper daw hehe but I've heard sa news na there are dangers nga daw on using e cigarettes so its better to research first before buying one.

minnienigb

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 02:02:52 pm »
I stopped smoking last May pero ngayon bumabalik :/ helppppppp :'( parang hinahanap ko na naman :/

anglerxangler

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 04:47:07 pm »
Keep yourself busy and entertained with something else. Eat healthy food and look away when you see other smokers or cigarette packs.
I believe eating peppermint can alleviate the craving.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:44:17 pm by anglerxangler »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close