watch now

Author Topic: How to stop smoking?  (Read 8343 times)

anachanel

  • Guest
How to stop smoking?
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »
I started smoking in highschool - 2 year college then stopped for a good 3 years, smoked again, then stopped for 3 years then I'm back now for around 8 months already.

Previously, what made me stop is getting serious with exercise (gym, boxing, running, etc) but ow even after exercise i really feel the need to smoke. Considering the ecigaretes thing nalang tuloy.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:32:00 pm »
The people I know who have successfully stopped smoking are those who did it cold-turkey.
Per my allergy doc, pag sinabihan daw ang  patient: You have lung cancer.  -- titigil daw yan agad.

My hubby has tried the patch, meds, gradual tapering off --  ha! 2 packs a day pa rin today.  Dati, 3 packs -- kasi puede pa smoke in the house. 

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »
I gave up smoking successfully when I started taking [textspeak!] pills. I just stopped. That was coming from a pack a day lifestyle.

You really need to want to stop. Kase with me non, kahit we would go out to party or go to the beach, hinde na talaga ko na-tempt.

monbla

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »
around 5 weeks smoke-free here after 4 years of 6-10 or more sticks a day.

Cold turkey lang talaga ang effective. Cold turkey plus getting out of your daily routine. Lucky for me, naka long leave ako ngayon. Nawala yung swipe-yosi-work-yosi-kain-yosi-work-yosi... routine ko.

Psyched myself na sa una lang mahirap. Consciously ko talaga pinigilan yung sarili ko. After 4 weeks hindi ko na talaga naiisip na 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock habit na, or ang sarap magyosi kapag busog. Nawala na siya sa routine ko.

Hopefully, di na bumalik ang habit! Iba ang paghinga kapag yosi-free.

Raish

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:26:51 pm »
I haven't touched a cigarette in 2 years and I am quite proud. When I got pregnant all I can think of is I need to do everything to make sure my baby is healthy. I breastfed after. That motivation was enough for me to not smoke agin. :)

shineadet

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 12:44:03 am »
read the book of allen carr entitled easy way to stop smoking. im a smoker for 13 years. 20 a day. several attempts of quitting. thought of smoking until i die. smoke-free for 6 days now. i just did it after reading the book. it wasnt hard.  i actually havent finished reading the book when i decided to stop.

anachanel

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:59 pm »
I agree with the cold turkey method - that was how i stopped for years din. ngayon lag though that i have work na, medyo mas mahirap talikuran. pag stressed it's either i eat or yosi so syempre yosi nalang kasi mas mura (and less calories) haha.

I came from the gym today, circuit workout super kapagod pero hala before gym 2 sticks then after 2 sticks ulit. :(

Pero honestly medyo wala pa ko sa mood tumigil now, kasi sobrang convenient niya for me. hopefully soon i get to kick this terrible habit again.

monbla

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20:53 pm »
True.. ang hirap talaga kung convenient.

Cold turkey works when you have a really really good reason to quit (pregnancy, sickness). And you have something to fill the void (new hobby, work--not stress, babies). Ayun ang joke before sa amin, if you want to quit smoking, get pregnant. Haha.

I'm still smoke free since Oct 9! Minsan napapanaginipan ko na I got back into the habit and then I felt disappointed with myself... Super relieved palagi pag nalaman ko na panaginip lang. :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:25:28 pm by monbla »

charmedwitch776

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 07:03:34 pm »
I started smoking when I was 17 and I was heavy smoker talaga as in I can smoke 5 packs a day (imagine kaya ko umubos ng 1 pack sa isang upuan pag stress) then nagstop lang ako when I got pregnant (age 27) tapos bumalik uli pero unti unti humina na ako and right now  2 to 3 sticks a day nalang at minsan totally wala talaga.

what makes me smoke? environment, stress and diet ;) (sorry it's wrong pero nawawalan ako gana kumain pag nakayosi).

ang hirap tumigil pag me nakikita ka around who's smoking promise.

anachanel

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »
I'm trying out a new "method" today due to the sintax issue:

I buy my cigs at 200 / pack, the actual cost (40) is for the cigs then the rest goes to savings. 
Hopefully i get to cut down and save a lot :)

wifeynikawin

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »
from 1 pack a day to 2 sticks at night... haay sana ma eliminate ko na yung longing ko for cigarette

leannael

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »
Mind over matter = easier said than done

shineadet

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 03:42:00 pm »
there's no such thing as just one cigarette!

anachanel

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 02:41:59 pm »
Yosi over Mcdo seems "healthier" kasi ;p but still trying! How are you girls holding up?

monbla

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13:26 pm »
Still smokefree here. About 6 weeks. :)

Not home-free until I achieve at least a 1 year, i think. 

shineadet

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:37:33 pm »
dont feel deprived when you dont smoke, feel light, pleasant, glad and/or pleased instead.

monbla

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »
I agree. I just focus on how easy breathing has been since I stopped smoking.

Amina777

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »
I've been quitting like 4 or 5 years.
Until then, I used to smoke 2 packs a day and I've been smoking from when I was at 15 years old.
How I quit  successfully is only the word what ma ex-bf said.
My ex wanted  me to quit smoking several times and I just kept saying like "yah right, I will.."
But when he came to ma room he found my cigarette and he sighed for it.
And said, " I knew it. I was sure that you definitely can't quit."
Then I quit. Because I couldn't tolerate that people who decide about myself.

This is my case but I think it's all up to one's will.
There is no need to have pill or pay money to quit.
Don't have to waste ;D


wifeynikawin

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 05:13:59 am »
Update: over a week nang wala haay san tuloy tuloy na ito AJA! :D

loball

  • Guest
Re: How to stop smoking?
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 04:30:35 am »
Sa mga kakilala ko, quitting cold turkey ang pinaka-effective sis.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close