watch now

Author Topic: Body changes after giving birth  (Read 46646 times)

cerelina

  • Guest
Body changes after giving birth
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:46:12 pm »
I'm a soon to be first time mom and i have been hearing about the different changes in our body after giving birth (CS/NSD), im curious and alot of questions are popping into my mind like will my body ever return to normal? If CS will i ever feel any discomfort in my back or tummy? or for NSD will it be loose down there? what discomforts will occur and will it disappear?

Please share your experiences, thanks in advance for all the inputs  :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »
I gave birth in February this year via NSD, my first baby. In terms of body changes, not much naman. I'm pretty much back to my old size, no saggy tummy (I gained 30 lbs during my pregnancy). I would say the only lasting changes are the stretchmarks on my tummy, discoloration and not as perky boobs. Everything else went back to normal even *down there*

I do have some slight lower back discomfort at time, nothing major, feels like a bruise lang. It's where my epidural was administered.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 05:52:09 pm »
If your feet get bigger while preggers, may decrease after delivery  (less manas) -- but hindi na go back to pre-pregnancy size

cerelina

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »
hindi nawawala yung manas? oh no! my feet got 2 sizes bigger! kahit na ielevate yung paa?

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 07:36:28 pm »
ah yes, my feet went up by half a size, I'm giving up all my pre-preg pumps and heels.

blairbunny

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 08:35:33 pm »
I gave birth via C-section last May. In my case, bumalik naman ako sa old shoe size ko. Yung body, bumalik din when I was breastfeeding.  Right now my pants are one size bigger, but it's due to my current cravings and eating habits. I have no stretchmarks din sa tummy, thanks to my mom's genes. Yung changes na hindi ko gusto are:

-- my cs scar became hyperthropic so hindi pa sya completely flat and may take years to flatten
-- yung breasts ko are not yet back to normal and strangely, this is where I got my stretchies.
-- had post-partum hairloss at 5 months, but my hair's growing back now.
-- minsan numb yung area around the scar, which is normal since major nerves were cut during the operation

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »
I gave birth in April of this year via NSD. Immediately after giving birth, I still look like pregnant at 4 mos. LOL. The whole body hurts (most esp. that thing down there!). I gained a total of 14kgs and it took me less than 6 months to lose 12 kilos. I think me not having a helper helped me lose weight (as in solo lang. of course hubby is there to help but he works while i stay with baby 24/7).

I recovered after a month. I mean, no more bleeding and my vajayjay doesn't hurt anymore when taking a pee.

As for my stretchmarks, they were dark but are slowly fading.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 12:39:19 am »
I gave birth in September 2010. When I was pregnant, I didnt gain much weight but when I gave birth na, I gained because I ate so much due to breastfeeding. My tummy though, hinde naman lumaki masyado cus I used a binder for several months after.

I'm heavier now than I was before I got pregnant pero ok lang kase mas gusto ko na din yung may laman ako. Though I'm more toned now cus I work out. I want a toned body, not a skinny bod :) Also, may stretchies ako sa sides, pero nakapag-2 piece pa din naman ako sa Boracay mostly because wala ko pakelam hehe.

cerelina

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »
yung balakang sis lumiit pa ba?

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 03:50:04 pm »
^^yes, sis. in my case, 3 months after giving birth, one of my skinny jeans fit me well na. then after 6 months, i can fit to all my jeans and pants. problem ko is the waistline. a little saggy pa rin ang tummy but sit-ups lang ang katapat niyan, hehe

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »
hindi nawawala yung manas? oh no! my feet got 2 sizes bigger! kahit na ielevate yung paa?

Nawawala yung manas, & your feet will get smaller than your size during pregnancy.  BUT will not shrink back to your pre-pregnancy shoe size. :(.

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 01:11:31 am »
i had my 3rd CS last July, hmmm... parang wala namang pinagbago aside sa tummy ko, na-stretch kasi sya kaya parang naging saggy :( hehe

bettyboop1322

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:38 am »
After 2 weeks of giving birth to my second child I can wear my pre-pregnancy clothes. No effort on losing weight, maybe due to lack of sleep. ;D I don't gain much weight kasi on my 2nd pregnancy compare to my 1st, where it took me more than 6 months before I recovered my ideal weight. Both were via CS operations.

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:44:45 am »
Nakakainggit naman kayo mga sis buti kayo bumalik. When I gave birthI cant breastfeed since I am taking steriods for my bells palsy. Until now di pa rin ako bumabalik sa dati... Nakakalumgkot na nga rin eh...

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 11:11:32 am »
In my case, my feet went back to its pre-pregnancy size kahit pa super manas ko non. What took longer was my left hand kaya for quite some time super sikip ng wedding ring ko sa finger ko.

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:16 am »
Di ko na experience ang manas while pregnant. The only time my feet were swelling was after giving birth. Side effect ata ng medicine while I was recovering in the hospital. My mom advised me to drink plenty of water. After less than a week, my feet went back to its normal size.

maika14

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:55 am »
i can relate sa shoes. i bought 2 pairs a size bigger na to accommodate my growing feet but still hoping that i'll be back to my pre-pregnancy size. may nabasa ako na it's gonna be one of those permanent change daw talaga. how about the nose? lumaki kasi yung ilong ko.. :(

happiemommie

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »
I had 2 babies via CS, one in 3/09 and another in 9/10. Sad to admit, I still look 5mos preggy because of my puson... :(

Help! Makuha pa kaya to sa sit-ups?  :'(

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »
Gave birth via NSD last March. I actually lost quite a lot of weight post pregnancy bec of the sleepless nights & breastfeeding. I went back to my weight circa 2008, however when I went back to work since I deal with the stress by eating I gained back what I lost and I am now back to my pre-preggo weight.

Around 80% of my clothes still fit me, those that dont fit are the pencil/body con skirts & dresses and pants kasi my balakang got bigger and parang di na sya liliit ever. I have a bit of a tummy but I think its because I lie down direcho at night when I get home from work since I room in with my son and I dont get to "burn" na what I eat at night.

As for shoes, no changes in size of feet.

I guess Im relatively lucky that way, Im still able to make use of my stuff pre preggo and post preggo.

sassyrosel

  • Guest
Re: Body changes after giving birth
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
Nakakainggit naman kayo mga sis buti kayo bumalik. When I gave birthI cant breastfeed since I am taking steriods for my bells palsy. Until now di pa rin ako bumabalik sa dati... Nakakalumgkot na nga rin eh...

Sorry to hear that, sis. I've heard sis na when you're on steroids, mananaba ka talaga like my friend. She has hika and taking steroids now, ayun, sobrang taba nya... siguro discipline lang sa food intake?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close