watch now

Author Topic: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2  (Read 35546 times)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 08:10:55 pm »
^^Hahaha kaloka! Morena naman ako kaya ok lang ang shimmer. I'm using their lighest shade. Pag fair ka, I think better buy yung nasa smaller tubs nila. That's what  my co-worker purchased, plus no shimmer yon.

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 12:56:03 am »
^ Oo nga sis eh natry ko din yun kaso di ko type. Maganda talaga the one with shimmer may glow! :)

^sis laugh trip naman yang comment na umiitim. :))

now i'm using ben nye  :) dilaw talaga. i'm loving it. sana pala yung malaking tub na lang binili ko. hehe.

Haha oo sis nahahalata talaga kasi na iba color ng neck ko sa fez hahaha

Re: Ben Nye, ok lang yan sis even the small tub lasts a really long time. :)

MaitaOfMakeupOnDemand

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:00 am »
^ I've been wanting to buy Ben Nye in Banana but I still have loads of RCMA transluscent powder and I just don't buy pag may uubusin pa ako. Nagkakaclutter eh. My RCMA is translucscent and therefore, colorless and I've used it on maputi and morena clients alike without getting that weird white mask look as long tama yung pagka-apply. What I don't know is if anyone has tried Ben Nye loose powder in Banana on dark skin. Any feedback?

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 01:11:39 am »
^ you can google sis may bloggers na African-Americans who also swear by Ben Nye precisely because it does not give a white cast. In my case, I'm NC15-20 and it doesn't alter the sahde of my foundation by a bit, only the tone. It warms up the tone by a tiny bit and that's great for most Asians. :)

shelby020212

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:07 pm »
Mga sissies, where can I buy Ben Nye's products?

Thanks.  :-*

MaitaOfMakeupOnDemand

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »
^ Go to Pure Beauty at Shops at Serendra. They have Ben Nye and other non-mainstream makeup products that are used by makeup professionals

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 03:34:19 am »
Quote from: inc0gnito on December 17, 2012, 10:49:24 pm
I use Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre - very fine setting powder, good for oil control and this one has photo reflective pigments that give a soft-focus effect. Best of all you get a lot of product - 30g in one tub. And this testimony is coming from a guy! 

That was my HG too! Too bad my coloring is really yellow so it altered the shade of my foundation by a bit. Sana maglabas sila ng exclusive for Asians na yellow toned and light yung shade. Oh well. I found Ben Nye naman so all good. :)

^Copied posts above from another thread,.

@ladychris17 Which shade of the Chanel LP do you use? 20 Clair? I'm currently using 30 Naturel but when my tub gets finished, I'm thinking of getting either 20 or even 40 Dore for that slight tanned look? I really think these powders are more on the translucent side (w/ a slight hint of colour) so it wouldn't make a difference if at all?

Anyway, has anyone of you tried La Mer's loose powder? Rave reviews on MUA but the price is nearly twice the Chanel's. ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:48:06 am by inc0gnito »

shelby020212

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 10:33:36 am »


Hi, Sis!

I will try to go there nga to check the loose powder.

Thanks!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:38:40 am by mama squeak! »

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:42:13 pm »
Quote from: inc0gnito on December 17, 2012, 10:49:24 pm
I use Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre - very fine setting powder, good for oil control and this one has photo reflective pigments that give a soft-focus effect. Best of all you get a lot of product - 30g in one tub. And this testimony is coming from a guy! 

^Copied posts above from another thread,.

@ladychris17 Which shade of the Chanel LP do you use? 20 Clair? I'm currently using 30 Naturel but when my tub gets finished, I'm thinking of getting either 20 or even 40 Dore for that slight tanned look? I really think these powders are more on the translucent side (w/ a slight hint of colour) so it wouldn't make a difference if at all?

Anyway, has anyone of you tried La Mer's loose powder? Rave reviews on MUA but the price is nearly twice the Chanel's. ;)

I'm NC15-20 and use 20 Clair. It's more pink than yellow though, and it's not entirely translucent, it can cover some of my redness on its own. I used to use this alone nung highschool pa ako. It was okay, pero pag nakapatong na sa neutral na foundation, nagiiba konti yung tone ng face ko.
What's your mac shade sis? May isa kasi tayong sis dito nc20-25 naman maitim na daw for her yung 30 Naturel so i didn't attempt na.

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 12:50:36 pm »
ladychris17 - Im NC 20-25 and 30 Naturel doesnt darken my skin a bit. I don't use foundation kasi and I'm a guy by the way.  ;) I still think tho that the Chanel is one of the finest powders on the market.

aiden

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05:37 pm »
I also love Ben Nye Banana Visage. I put it on top of my BB Cream. Nagla-last naman  the whole day. Oily lang after 6 hours, nothing that a retouch could not solve. Dati kasi yung Maybelline ko, humuhulas a na BB cream ko at nangingitim na sa face ko mga 4 hours pa lang. : With Ben Nye, oily lang ng konti sa Tzone. :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »
ladychris17 - Im NC 20-25 and 30 Naturel doesnt darken my skin a bit. I don't use foundation kasi and I'm a guy by the way.  ;) I still think tho that the Chanel is one of the finest powders on the market.

It is, if not THE finest! Iba nga yung kapit niya though kung walang liquid or cream foundation underneath. I still use mine from time to time depende sa mood ng skintone ko. :)

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 03:15:34 pm »
What can you recommend for those with oily skin?

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »
What can you recommend for those with oily skin?

You can back read sis or use the search button for oily skins, marami nang reviews before. :) pinaka-raved yata Ben Nye, Eshiko, Palgantong, Chanel, among others.

nica1214

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2012, 07:51:59 am »
Gusto ko sana bumili nung ben nye banana powder, kaso may paraben katakot naman, di ko na tuloy alam bilin ko...

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 10:03:38 pm »
Gusto ko sana bumili nung ben nye banana powder, kaso may paraben katakot naman, di ko na tuloy alam bilin ko...

Wag na sis if you have sensitive skin madami nadin kasi nagreact yung skin dito, which is a given, since it's theater makeup.

aiden

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 11:40:29 pm »
^Agree. Fortunately for me,no adverse reaction ang Ben Nye but I'm careful pa rin. Talagang mega cleanse ako ng make-up sa gabi. Kahit walang foundation under, Ben Nye powder lang gamit ko, cold cream pa rin pantanggal ko sa gabi. Mahirap na.

ysa_38

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »
How much ang ben nye?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 01:41:34 pm »
i'm curious with eshiko? translucent to nuh? parang i like translucent na over dun sa hindi. before translucent gamit ko but it's pressed powder and i liked it better than ben nye ngayon. kasi i used a powder puff to apply my ben nye and yung translucent (mac blot) gamit ko brush. maybe i'll try using a brush with ben nye banana visage. kaso kasi parang di naseset properly dahil fine talaga yung ben nye eh. :-\

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 07:15:49 pm »
Chanel loose powder second lang si mac msf. Good oil control yung chanel.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close