watch now

Author Topic: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2  (Read 35621 times)

catwoman

  • Guest
Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:31:07 am »
Let's continue our discussion here..mga sisses....

So what is the difference nung mga shades sa SF Buckwheat Loose Powder?

Like merong transparent and lavender? As in no color?

But Im thinking of getting the No. 21

millealtera

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:29 am »
^The lavender one, parang it corrects sallow/dull skin daw ata.

I like Nars' loose powder. I have it in Eden. Medyo dark ang shade sa akin ngayon pero maganda ang finish -smooth and not flat.

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »
^I'm thinking of getting that too...ganda ng recos dito sa GT. Just have to know my shade but havent had the time to visit NARS counters lately...

butterflycuddles02

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »
I'm using Eshiko Ultra HD pang-set ng foundation. It makes my pores smaller too. I'm also using rice powder alternate sila ni eshiko.

lonesyndrome

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:42 pm »
I just bought my second huge tub of kryolan translucent powder (yes, translucent powder, not the anti-shine powder). I keep coming back to it. It's the perfect pair with any liquid foundation, bb cream, or even on its own. It keeps my face subtly matte longer and take note, I have a notoriously oily skin and its the only powder that my skin befriended. I use the shade TL 4 which is a more subdued yellow than let's say ben nye's banana visage (which is way too yellow in my opinion).

After I finish this, I'm planning on getting chanel's loose powder. For those of you who've tried it, is it worth it? I mean how much is it and for the price, do you get the value? And what is the size? I have been lemming for it and I'm itching to get it. Thanks!

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:32 pm »
^ you can google sis kung ilang grams. It's a huge tub naman and IMO, worth the money. I really loved it, very finely milled, mattifying but not dull, and it's never cakey, but stopped using it due to the pink undertones. I still using it with my Armani Lasting Silk though, since this foundation is yellow enough for me naman so Chanel's loose powder doesn't make me pink. Otherwise, I now use Ben Nye Banana Visage for all my foundations and Tinted Moisturizers.

lime_

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:35 am »
online lang po ba ang eshiko? gusto to ng sister ko as a birthday gift...

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:50 am »
I just bought my second huge tub of kryolan translucent powder (yes, translucent powder, not the anti-shine powder). I keep coming back to it. It's the perfect pair with any liquid foundation, bb cream, or even on its own. It keeps my face subtly matte longer and take note, I have a notoriously oily skin and its the only powder that my skin befriended. I use the shade TL 4 which is a more subdued yellow than let's say ben nye's banana visage (which is way too yellow in my opinion).

sis how is this differen from the kryolan anti shine?

i have been using anti shine and i loved it kasi kahit pag uwi ko from the office (9-6am shift) hindi pa rin ako oily.

i also have yung ben nye, pero gamit ko lang sya minsan pag panandalian na lakad lang.

intriguing yung chanel, how much ba yon? at ano exact name? thanks

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:42:55 am »
^ Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, or Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder. I think it's around 3k if you buy here. 30grams pala the one tub.

Don't like Kryolan anti-shine na, it used to have an anti-pily effect din on me kaso parang nawala na.

Ben nye naman, it's still great, kaso I reviewed the ingredients and I'm growing wary. I might just save it for some occasions. Also, I tried testing the powders, akala ko before finely milled na talaga pero I took my Chanel one out again and tested side by side, super silky parin talaga ng Chanel.
Ang ganda lang kasi ng oil control ng Ben Nye for me and okay yung color dahil dilaw talaga ako kung dilaw.

I might get the limited edition Chanel loose powder in Reverie next since that's a bit yellow, but it has shimmer so I'm still not sure how well it will fare as a finishing powder for my oily skin. Hopefully if it does good though, I can get a backup sa local counters.

Serena.

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
I use Laura Mercier as my Finishing Powder! :)



xxx

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 12:00:21 am »
For everyday use, Cover Girl. I like the subtle shimmer, plus around 500 something lang tapos ang dami.

For weekends and special occasions, I use NARS in beach. Long lasting ang coverage. Most of the time I dont have to retouch after my initial application (hinde naman din super oily face ko).

butterflycuddles02

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 01:33:46 am »
I'm lemming for Ben Nye ;D

catwoman

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »
^ako rin sis

butterflycuddles02

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »
^ Haha :) Pero di pa muna ako bibili kasi dami ko pang loose powders. My backup pa ko na eshiko. Kaya lang tuwing nagbabasa ako ng reviews about ben nye lumalakas yung lemming ko  ;D I'll practice self-control muna haha.

aubb

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 03:35:53 pm »
James cooper shine powder, controls oil, and gives dewy effect :)

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:34 pm »
I'm using MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. Both for finishing and for touch ups. I can't live without this.

butterflycuddles02

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 03:53:54 pm »
^ i love this too :) Ang alam ko ikaw sis yung nag-help saken about my shade here. Thanks for your reco sis :)

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »
^ Welcome sis! I'm happy that you liked it too. :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:12 am »
For everyday use, Cover Girl. I like the subtle shimmer, plus around 500 something lang tapos ang dami.

For weekends and special occasions, I use NARS in beach. Long lasting ang coverage. Most of the time I dont have to retouch after my initial application (hinde naman din super oily face ko).

Received many compliments din before sa CoverGirl na may kakaibang glow daw! At dahil nga yun sa shimmer. :) kaso I gave it to my mom kasi yung lightest shade, too dark for me. nakakuha din ako ng comments na bakit daw ako umitim, nag beach daw ba ako lol

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Finishing/Loose Powders Thread 2
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »
^sis laugh trip naman yang comment na umiitim. :))

now i'm using ben nye  :) dilaw talaga. i'm loving it. sana pala yung malaking tub na lang binili ko. hehe.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:16:26 pm by iwannabeasupermodel »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close