watch now

Author Topic: Dessert buffet / candy buffet  (Read 114564 times)

wkt

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2015, 07:59:14 am »
^sige po sis, pls send it to me. pm'ed you my email add.
 
i remembered that my co-worker used to bring us brownies (white choco bars) from Azucar. They have a shop in San Juan but I haven't been there.  But anyway, I checked their FB and saw a partial list of their products, pwede na! Like, the white choco bars that i love sells for P200 for 20 pcs. not bad! free deliver pa if i reach 2k minimum orders. im waiting na lang for their email for the complete pricelist. 

Anyway, hindi pa din naman ako decided coz i still have to weigh the if stress of diy is worth the savings of just getting a supplier.  basta benchmark ko na si sweet creations, P6000 for 50 pax (which i heard is good enough for 100 pax) and that includes styling na.  if maliit lang difference between the price of the pastries + decor materials (i have to buy or borrow serving platters pa), its no brainer -- id go for the supplier na

sisses, can somebody please advise how many pcs should i get per pastry/dessert item if I'll be serving 3-4 variants (cookies, cakes slices, brownies, etc) for 100 guests? do i get automatic 100 pcs of each?

ianmenchu

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »
^ sis I think it depends on how big the goodies are. I remember reading somewhere na if bite-sized, it's usually 5 bite sized pieces per person. :)

I recommend Cookierrific by Mitz Tani sis, her FB is https://www.facebook.com/cookierrific . Staple na ang desserts niya sa parties ko and I also order her goodies for other events for the family. :) We prefer din dessert and coffee rather than candies kasi. We especially love her chocolate chip cookies, s'mores cookies, and cake pops.

She also does desset buffet styling and maganda talaga siya magset-up. Pero if you really want to DIY you can just get the goodies from her. :)

topsidebabe

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2015, 02:42:24 pm »
Share lang po... I DIY for our parties sa church and mga gatherings ng families and friends. Hindi nauubos talaga at ang daming sobra so usually let's say 100 people nasa mga around 40-50 pcs per kind lang for pastries kasi busog na sila sa food and drinks and usually may mga candies etc. pa. Sa sobrang daming pagpipilian hindi nila lahat matitikman. Hindi pako nagkukulang sa servings at most of the time nag-uuwi pa sila.  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:54:40 pm by topsidebabe »

sachism

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2015, 02:34:01 am »
We will have Pastry Garden for the dessert buffet and the cakes. Will post feedback after the event.

abhy_aigrieln

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2015, 09:08:05 am »
hi sis! i'm also planning to get andain's candy buffet. for how many pax yang kinuha mo? magkano inabot lahat pati transpo fee? i'm also planning to get her as my venue stylist e.

astarte

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2015, 09:34:12 am »
We will have Pastry Garden for the dessert buffet and the cakes. Will post feedback after the event.

Sis may ready packages na ba ang pastry garden or nagpacustomize ka? Sige I'll wait for your review ha. :)

tinmuning

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2015, 10:19:58 am »
I've been calling Sweet Creations by May but nobody's answering. Her dessert buffet package 1 (P4,000) which consists of 1 cupcake, 1 special pastry, 1 cookie, 1 premium shots and 1 regular shots good for 30 pax fits my requirement. Yun nga lang after giving me her packages, hindi na nagrereply.

Any other recommendations? I'm looking for dessert buffet na mostly pastries, NOT candies since most of the guests are adults.

tinmuning

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2015, 08:27:06 am »
Update on my dessert buffet supplier hunt:

So far I've contacted Sweet Creations by May and Sugar Buffet. Both offered packages within my budget but are unresponsive na my additional inquiries.

MommyLuv sent me her quote but mahal, lalabas na I will spend more on the dessert buffet than on the main food buffet. To give fellow moms an idea, her transpo fee alone is P2,000 na.

I do hope the other suppliers are more responsive to inquiries. I was even inquiring na about payment details so I can scratch the dessert buffet in my "pending" list.

hakunamatata

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »
I got very disappointed with my candy buffet supplier Kids Party Hub very unprofessional. I have been in constant contact with them since January for our daughter's baptism sana kaso she was not available na daw on our event date. And since she was referred to me by my highschool friend and super nice daw kaya I already asked her if December is open for booking kasi I wanted to get her sana for our first birthday party naman. She said she will pencil book it for me. Come August I emailed her again just to ask if the date is still open for us and replied it is open and pencil booked to us and we are the priority on the said date. We agreed that 3 mos. before the event I will give her the complete details and we will settle the downpayment. Come September I emailed her again, give her the complete details of the party and we will be settling the downpayment. I received no reply and confirmation. After a week I resent the complete details of the event and replied that there was already booked on our date. We find it very unprofessional..."pinaasa" niya lang kami. I thought she's very professional and nice..Hindi pala. Very disappointing kasi all we thought ok na kami.  :(


Adam1025

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2015, 11:03:01 am »
Hi mommies, pag sinabi ba dessert buffet supplier sa kanila na din ang cakes/pastries then set-up? Meron ba na styling lang then kuha ako separate supplier ng cake/pastries? If ever naman na styling lang, sila na ba mag-provide ng materials lahat pati cake stand etc?

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2015, 01:32:54 pm »
^ hi sis, depende sa supplier yan.. most suppliers include cakes/ pastries with setup. but not all can do themed setup. meron ding gumagawa ng styling lang, request ka lang from an event stylist, tapos ikaw na lang mag supply ng desserts or order from a dessert supplier. hth!

hakunamatata

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2015, 09:20:43 am »
^mas ok ba yung gnun sis? mas cheaper ba? any recommended stylist?

robinemz

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »
 if priority mo ang themed setup up, the later is a good option. yung ibang dessert supplier kasi, nagfofocus sa theme pero konti ang desserts.  i haven't tried getting a stylist for dessert table lang eh. diy kasi ako lagi pag desserts. but when i was planning for my bunso's birthday party, may nakita akong dessert table stylist na 5k ang rate. i just forgot the name. try ko hanapin sa inbox ko sis..

xodinne

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »
Hi, i recommend purple pink treats candy and dessert buffet. my daughters birthday party was a success.  it was simple and pretty. the desserts are delicious and the price is affordable.

foxlady

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2016, 08:21:18 am »
Hi Sisses,

Usually saang part ng party in-o-open ang Candy Buffet?  After ba ng meals?
Here's the draft of my program:

3:00 PM   Start
           Welcome Message
           Opening Prayer
           Opening Message by Parents
3:15 PM   Entertainment Show
3:45 PM   Eating Time
4:00 PM   Play AVP
4:15 PM   Open Candy Buffet
4:30 PM   Resume Entertainment Show/Games
5:30 PM   Post-Party Slideshow
5:45 PM   Lootbags Giveaway
           Thank you message by Parents


Makatarungan ba ang sked ng Candy Buffet? :)

TIA!

Nhetskii

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:21 am »

Hi sis!

OO sakin ok lang. Nung nag candy buffet nga din ako  nung bday ng baby ko, ganun din ginawa ko after ng kainan, tsaka ko inopen. Nag lagay pa nga ako ng frame na close pa yung candy buffet then nung inopen na tinanggal ko na yung frame. nakita ko yun nung minsan nag se-search ako ng design ng candy buffet. Sabi ko pwede pala yun hehe.

loveann

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2016, 05:20:41 pm »
@foxlady: hi sis, yes okay naman yun flow ng program Opne the Candy buffet after the Play of AVP, im into Candy buffet business usually after 2-3 games and after eating time binubuksan.

@Nhetskii: yes sis usually my suppliers na meron po notification po but sometimes yun naglead sa program po nagsasabi before the program starts po.


foxlady

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2016, 07:17:43 am »
Thanks sisses Nhetskii and loveann! :)

shyla_c

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:41 am »
Just would like to share my experience, I did my own dessert/candy buffet with the following sweets only:
- cupcakes
- chocolate covered oreos
- sugar cookies
- candy swirls
just 4 items pero varied and designs kaya it looked packed and full kulang nga yung long table where they were laid, and I was so happy with the look.
Anyway, we served 40% more dun sa dami ng expected guests namin, actually yung expected guests namin is too much marami hindi naka attend because it was raining hard that day. Came the opening of the buffet, parang magic naubos agad! I realized mali ko kasi placing a take home bag on the side, dapat super small lang, may mga guests ako nakita career kung kumuha, as in! as in! Pero smile lang ako syempre. I even placed a frame there na nakalagay: "Thanks for coming! Grab a bag and take home some treat! Don't forget to leave some for others you're so sweet!" Dedma lang pala hehe! When I go to parties or any occassion hindi naman ako ganun as a courtesy to others. Meron pala talaga ganun, kulang na lang mahanap ng sako to get every piece. Yaiks!

Nhetskii

  • Guest
Re: Dessert buffet / candy buffet
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2016, 10:19:20 am »
^ hehe kakatuwa naman mga bisita mo sis... Pero di naman yata talaga maiaalis sa ting pinoy ang take home lalo na yan sweets.... kaya ako nung dating nag candy buffet ako, ginawa ko ang lalagyan yung medyo flat at maliit lang, di rin ako naglagay ng plastic bags at wala ding nakalagay na "take home" hahaha! nilagay ko lang take some sweets and leave some for others...! kasi nga para masigurado ko na lahat makakakain... meron kasi akong kamag-anak na nagsisimula pa lang ang party eh nag pa-pack na sya para pang take home nya! hahaha!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close