i was in thailand for 10 days and I fell in love with the country. I was in Phuket for 5 days and 5 days in Bangkok.
Sa phuket, I stayed 2 days in Patong to experience the night life and elephant trekking. Then I went to Karon Beach to experience the beach life. Maganda yung hotel ko dun sa Karon kasi konti lang ang hotel na nasa beach mismo and Ruam Thep Inn is one of the 3 I think. I paid 2k baht for a seaview room. I actually woke up at the sound of the waves. Very tranquil ang area and the owner was really nice and treated my like family.
I spent a day riding a motobike to go around Phuket town. I paid 250 baht for a 24 hour rent. Ang sarap ng feeling kasi it was a liberating experience na mag motor sa isang strange town tapos left hand drive road pa sila. Tanong tanong lang how to get around the town. I went to Big C and was in awe how cheap the items are. Yun pala kasi government owned ang Big C. Naka skimpy shorts lang ako at sando while driving sa 12noon sun. Carry lang kasi gusto ko talaga mag pa tan.
After Phuket, i took the bus going to Surat Thani Station. It was a 4 or 5 hour ride. I love the train experience. I took the first class sleeper. What an experience!
Pagdating sa Bangkok, I checked in sa Bangkok City hotel. Very affordable, 1299 baht lang per night for a deluxe room with tub. Unfortunately, one night lang yung nabook ko ang i wanted to stay longer, sabi nila fully booked daw and transferred me to their sister hotel which is nearby lang. Pinuntahan ko lang was
[textspeak!] Po and the buddha thing. After nun, naumay na ako sa temples at buddha. So after that, nagshopping na. 2 days was spent for shopping. Last day ko was a saturday, i spent an hour or two sa chatuchak and my jaw dropped in regret na sana dun na lang ako nagshop instead of pratunam. pero carry na rin kasi saturday ng 6pm ang flight ko pabalik ng manila.
going to the airport, i took the airport rail link which is 90 baht lang kesa sa taxi that would have cost me 350 baht. na experience ko din yung tuktuk at motor taxi nila. hay naku, hayup mga taxi at tuktuk driver dun.
i fell in love with the place and i am considering to live there by mid next year if God permits.
Hi -
2. From Damnoen Saduak Floating Market to The Elephant Village, may masasakyan ba kong bus or any type of transportation? Sa mga nakapunta sa The Elephant Village, worth it ba tong puntahan or hanap na lang ako sa City ng elepante na masasakyan?
sis parang wala naman akong nakitang elepante sa city. sa phuket, may nakasalubong ako elepante sa kalye. nagulat nga ako kasi hindi ko talaga expected. pero sobrang hindi talaga ako maka get over dun sa elepante.
sis kung walang airport transfer yung hotel nio, mag airport rail link na lang kayo, 90 baht lang kesa sa 350 to 400 baht. meron non stop, sa paya thaia (ata) yung last stop. mga 20 mins lang. of course you have to know which area yung hotel nio para malaman mo kung saang station ka baba, then just take yung hindi non stop na train.