Hi.
I'm a mother of two. My eldest just turned 13 and my youngest is 1 and I'm only 31. Yes, I had my eldest when I was only 18 and hubby was 23 then. But that's not the issue and never was with my family or even with my husband's.
The thing is, when we go out, like in malls or even in my daughter's school, I usually get comments like, "Uy anak mo ba yan, parang sisters lang ah. Ilang taon ka na ba?" "Mommy mo ba yan?!"
My dau and I look exactly the same, though I'm on the leaner side but she's now taller than me. Hindi naman sa pagbubuhat ng bangko, I don't look my age, mukha kasi akong nene. Maliit lang kasi ko. Lol!
When I get comments like these, I don't really know what to say or how to react. Of course, at times I feel flattered but at times I get offended too, with side comments and half meant jokes like, "aga kasi lumandi e."
But an incident happened last Friday. My dau and I went to the Admissions of an exclusive school. She's currently enrolled in a co-ed school. We were just waiting for her permit for the entrance exams since we had it rescheduled. Then, a faculty member or I don't know what her role is in that department asked me, with matching taas kilay ah, "Is she your daughter?" I replied with a yes. Then she smirked at me and went inside a room. WTF! Naloka ko sa kanya! I don't know what her intentions were for asking me that plus a smirk on her freaking fat face! I seriously felt offended and discriminated. Kung hindi ko lang kasama anak ko at wala kami sa school premises, aabangan ko talaga siya sa gate! Lol!
But kidding aside, I felt hurt. I was thinking baka matandang dalaga kaya ganun or dahil sa school values or what? I, myself was a product of an exclusive school in Manila, but never did I hear,maybe behind my back or not that I know of, but never did I get an IN MY FACE reaction like that! Nawindang talaga ko ng bongga!
Kayo mga sis, young mommies and young at heart ones too, what's your take on this? How would you react given this scenario? Did you happen to be in a similar situation as mine? Please share your thoughts.
