When I was young I was allergic to different foods (oily, seafood, even chocolate). My allergic rhinitis started when I was grade 4. Usually when I go to bed, my nose is clogged na, and can't breathe normally. Through High School I was on anti-histamines (cetirizine, loratidine) sometimes with steroid sya for 1-2 weeks until stable, on and off yun. I had antibody injections din kasi I was always sick, like having mouth sores, lymph nodes around the neck. If my allergy gets worse, I get asthma na rin. When my rhinitis gets worse, syempre breeding grounds na rin for infections yun, I get sinusitis and go on antibiotics for 1-2 weeks, almost yearly. I never liked nasal sprays. Now that I'm adult nya, I just try to boost my immune system, para iwas anti-histamine/steroidal medicines. Iwas din sa allergy triggers ko, cigarrette smoke, air pollution, strong perfumes, dustmites, other insects etc.
When I take medz, I take all, 1 for allergy, 1 for cough/cold, 1 antibiotic. Usually 3 talaga yun, para kung ano pa man yung totoong cause, e addressed all areas. The side effect I get is drowsiness, other than that I'm not sure. But since it's drowsiness, the effect is in the brain/nervous system, yun din kasi ang main concern ko. Also too much medz is bad for the liver.