watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 5  (Read 184468 times)

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »
@rae: thanks so much dearie for the suggestion! The thought of having to try a different brand due to possibly having a different effect on my skin scares me but i'd probably give it a go coz i really don't like the tub hehe.

@Kristalle: Really?! That sounds wonderful. Maybe Walgreens is more lenient? I"ll keep what you said in mind. Thanks so much!

:)

vainmode

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2014, 09:40:11 pm »
Stieva A yung gamit ko for 3 months na, ang tipid gamitin, up to now madami pa din laman. And it really cleared my face. I used it after ko maglagay ng moisturizer at super thin lang ako maglagay, kasi ayoko mamula face ko. Hindi na rin ako pinipimles. Problem ko lang now yung mga red acne marks, tagal mawala.

featherduster*

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:15 pm »
@WickedWitchofTheWest: hi dear :) can i ask what brand of Tretinoin are you using? From what i read it's either Retacnyl or Stieva A eh..

@rae: Do you remember what WickedWitchoftheWest uses? Hehe. Parang same kami ng skin type eh. I also use AI Cream. Apparently, AI Cream is OOS in all drugstores everywhere, side note lang, very annoying mauubusan nako ehhehe.

Kristalle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2014, 01:00:01 am »
@rae: thanks so much dearie for the suggestion! The thought of having to try a different brand due to possibly having a different effect on my skin scares me but i'd probably give it a go coz i really don't like the tub hehe.

@Kristalle: Really?! That sounds wonderful. Maybe Walgreens is more lenient? I"ll keep what you said in mind. Thanks so much!

:)

sis, way more expensive sya sa US at 100 USD for 30 grams. mas maganda nga dito ka na lang bumili. retin-a (along with retin-a micro) is the american brand while stieva is the canadian brand.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2014, 04:45:35 am »
@WickedWitchofTheWest: hi dear :) can i ask what brand of Tretinoin are you using? From what i read it's either Retacnyl or Stieva A eh..

@rae: Do you remember what WickedWitchoftheWest uses? Hehe. Parang same kami ng skin type eh. I also use AI Cream. Apparently, AI Cream is OOS in all drugstores everywhere, side note lang, very annoying mauubusan nako ehhehe.

Parang Stieva A 0.1% yung last nyang nabanggit. :)

missamber

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »
Stieva A yung gamit ko for 3 months na, ang tipid gamitin, up to now madami pa din laman. And it really cleared my face. I used it after ko maglagay ng moisturizer at super thin lang ako maglagay, kasi ayoko mamula face ko. Hindi na rin ako pinipimles. Problem ko lang now yung mga red acne marks, tagal mawala.

Sis where do you buy your stieva A and how much? Im so so tempted to try tret. Nadedepress na kasi ako sa hyperpigmentation caused by my cystic acnes on my jawline and left cheek. My acnes caused by hormonal imbalance. Super dami ko na talagang hyperpigmentation sa jawline ko nakakaiyak. I just have to conceal them everytime i go out but during the evening whenever i finished washing my face and then seeing my reflection on the mirror it feels like i have the worst face in the world.  :'( i've been wanting to get rid of these dark marks and i guess tret makakatulong sa akin plus the fact na i still get pimples before and during my period. I dont have budget for skin peelings kasi kaya tret na muna option ko for nowz  :-[

lionheart2010

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #566 on: June 07, 2014, 12:26:16 am »
Anyone using UK eRAse? Ok ba sya?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #567 on: June 07, 2014, 02:45:26 am »
^^ It doesn't help much with hyperpigmentation but I think it can help skin lighteners penetrate more. I buy stieva a from watsons pharmacy. Nakalimutan ko na yung price kasi matagal na and matagal sya maubos. Pero siguro around Php 600.

^ UK erase has a liquid base carrier. It will cause tretinoin to be dispensed on your skin faster so be careful with it. Try applying the thinnest amount possible. I've read some reviews of people experiencing burns with it.

missamber

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2014, 03:39:29 am »
^thanks sis rae. May cheaper tret ka bang alam na effective din naman? They are OTC naman db sis?

Kristalle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #569 on: June 07, 2014, 11:17:58 am »
^IDK why people here use other Tretinoin brands, kasi ang FDA (usa) approved lang ata is Retin-A, Retin-A micro and retacnyl (not sure, just google it). Retin-A is just 200 plus lang for the small tube. Been using for 15 years! I look way more youthful than my actual age. I guess the key is to start early.

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #570 on: June 07, 2014, 11:28:16 am »
First post  :D

I'm really thankful na nabasa ko itong thread na to and the previous thread. Yung Retin-a lang nakawala ng pimples ko (as in ang dami last year). Biglaan talaga nagsusulputan, tried so many anti-acne prods but very minimal effect. Been using this last December until now but every other day lang to avoid irritation. I put moisturizer first, OTE, and apply Retin-a 30 mins after. I still get one or two pimples once in a while but nawawala naman agad (mga three days lang).

I want to try Stieva a next. Oily skin ako, sana it's effective din.

missamber

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #571 on: June 07, 2014, 04:39:17 pm »
I just bought retin A kanina sa mercury. It's 709pesos for a 20g tube. Then bumili na din ako ng teranex soap. Sana mahiyang ako at mawala na mga acnes ko. I never had this kind of breakout for like 3yrs. Bigla na lang ako nagkapimples ulit ng marami.  :'(

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
^ good luck sis!

It took me more than a month to finally have a pimple-free face. I didn't experience any purging maybe because I followed the warnings and advice ng mga sisses here. :)

I only washed my face with Cetaphil in the mornings and of course sunblock after, SPF 30. Pero now, na-tolerate na ng skin ko to use other beauty products. I'm replacing Cetaphil with TLS soap.

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »
Pwede palang moisturizer muna then tret. Hindi ba nawawala yung efficiency ng tret kapag may moisturizer?

missamber

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2014, 12:56:56 am »
Sis sumthinblu how did you prevent purging? Im afraid i'd experience purging.. Mdagdagan na naman active pimples ko nun. :'(

First application ko ng Retin A kanina. I dunno if i had put the right amount on my face. I just applied it on areas i have acnes. I hate the smell! Ang baho. Parang maasim na ewan.  :o

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2014, 08:45:26 am »
From what I read here, dapat maglagay ng pang-buffer to lessen irritation and maliit lang din dapat i-apply na tret sa face. Hindi naman siguro mawala ang effectivity ng tret by applying moisturizer first. 0.05 kasi yung nabili ko na retin-a so I was scared na it would be too harsh for my face.

I was also afraid before from all the negative things I've read din sa net about misuse of tret, kaya total research talaga. I even read every review of tret sa makeupalley.  ;D OO nga, strong smell yung Retin-a but I'm used to it na. hehe.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:52:11 am by sumthinblu »

missamber

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2014, 12:59:51 pm »
^i didn't put moisturizer last night. Because i was so confused if do i have to put it before or after application of retin A. Lol bu the way mine is also .5% sis. Try ko mayang gabi magmoisturizer muna using my fav iwhite aqua. And update nga pala I was so surprised this morning when I woke up my super duper big cystic acne on my left cheek dried up an di flattened a bit! Grabe im so impressed with Retin A na talaga. Wag lang sana ako magpurge.  ;D

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »
Kaya mo yan sis! :) Hinay-hinay lang talaga sa paglagay. From what I noticed, most give up after only using tret for a few days or a few weeks because it resulted in irritation, peeling, purging, etc.

Yung case ko kasi, tret had been my last resort. Grabe talaga last year, daming pimples on my jawline and sides malapit sa eyes. Relatives would often remark what happened to my face because 'di naman ako ma-pimple talaga.

Pero now, no regrets. :) Naging smooth din ang face ko. Lage naman ako nag-sunblock ever since I've been using whitening soaps. I just try not to put many products on my face. One at a time lang. I think that's the reason why pimples started popping on my face. My sis said na-irrirate yata yung face ko. I'm disciplining myself not to be a compulsive buyer. hehe, sorry OT na

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2014, 12:57:15 am »
Resarched and found out na pwedeng moisturizer muna bago tret :) pero hintay ka ng 15-30 mins after ng moisturizer then tret na.

littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:30 am »
Q: Sissy can I combine a tret with AHA cream??  :-\.  TIA

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close