watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 5  (Read 184523 times)

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #520 on: April 13, 2014, 06:22:04 am »
^^ Thanks sis rae. :) Another question. Can tret help to get rid of blackheads on nose? I use iwhite korea nose pack to remove my blackheads but when I remove it, still nandun pa rin yung blackheads. Ang natatanggal nya lang ay yung white heads. :(
Check mo if what you're trying to remove is actually really blackheads, instead of sebaceous filaments. Try googling for images of the latter. If it's the latter, hindi talaga matatanggal. My blackheads are significantly reduced with tretinoin use. Pero I can't say my blackheads are totally gone. :) And I use other stuff din. I use a cream cleanser with salicylic acid, sometimes a moisturizer with salicylic acid.

May tretinoin soap ba? Para sana sa backne. Hassle kasi kung creams and toner hirap iapply.
Meron si Belo before not sure now, sa clinic, not on the shelves. Meron din si Aesthetic Science Clinic (Alaband and Makati), and DermClinic.

for those using tretinoin. and also using face serum e.g.olay total effects serum, how do you put those po? alin ang dapat mauna, yung tretinoin ba or yung face serum?
I put serums before the tretinoin. Yun yung pangbuffer ko. I use Olay White Radiance Serum now. I read several articles about niacinamide (present in Olay) helping reduce irritation from tretinoin while still getting the benefits of the latter.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #521 on: April 13, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
Hi sis, i'm also thinking of using AHA/BHA, how do you use it with your tret? :)

Depends on how my skin is. I have sensitive skin and my skin gets bumps when I use more than one active at a time. I sometimes use a BHA cleanser at night when my skin tends to get oilier, like this summer. Otherwise, I just use a mild cleanser. AHA naman, I apply on alternate nights with tret.

When my skin was more resistant, during my early twenties, I would use an AHA serum prior to applying tret to improve the penetration of tret on my skin. But this was supervised by a derm so I don't recommend it to anyone just experimenting, it can be very irritating to the skin.

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #522 on: April 14, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »
^sis, anong AHA cream gamit mo? Obagi clear and blender gamit ko and super happy naman ako. Gusto ko itry yung AHA cream kasi may long term effect daw and Hydroquinone sa skin. Thanks!

gppb24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #523 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »
Pwede po bang gumamit ng clay mask or facial scrub while on tret cream?
Meron po bang AHA cream sa watsons? What products (brand name) ang may AHA? TIA! :)

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #524 on: April 15, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »
^^nag-stop muna ako ng obagi and tret sis kasi nabuntis ako and breastfeeding now :) gustong gusto ko na nga mag-obagi/tret ulit eh kasi dame kong pimples due to hormonal changes siguro. Kahit maintenance stage na ko before nagpepeel pa din ng konti hehe lalo na pag stop ako ng 1 month tapos balik ulit kasi kelangan may rest period ang hq di ba :) pero ang ganda ng effects ng obagi kahit di ka mag-make up glowing ang skin :)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:37 am »
^what specific obagi ang gamit mo sis?

Ako naman i use tret solution every 2 days inaalternate ko sa glyco toner and moisturizer in between days

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2014, 07:46:18 am »
^sis, anong AHA cream gamit mo? Obagi clear and blender gamit ko and super happy naman ako. Gusto ko itry yung AHA cream kasi may long term effect daw and Hydroquinone sa skin. Thanks!

I use an AHA Serum - La Roche Posay Effaclar Serum. Hindi pwede sa akin ang cream. It gives me small irritation bumps all over. Was using Obagi din a few years back pero it was too irritating for me, sensitive kasi talaga skin ko, lalo na ngayon, for some reason.

And yes, you're not supposed to use HQ for longer than three months at a time, dito parang deadma ang dermas, gusto nila continuous use. Although mas mabilis talaga effect niya compared to AHAs, I feel mas permanent ang result ng AHA on the skin, with HQ kasi there are cases of rebound pigmentation when you stop using, pero case to case basis lang naman.

momentum

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:43 am »
mga sis saan ninyo binibili obagi ninyo and what is it for? i mean, what does it address?

cherness

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2014, 02:35:04 pm »
^ ako i getit sa friend ko direct supplier ng obagi sya sa canada. mahal kase obagi dto satin 4900 isang clear 4700 isang blender. for whitening sya sis at kung may dark spots at freckles sya mwawala ng obagi yun so ayun. :) so far eto na pinakamakinis na face ever ko haha poreless white though may micropeeling lagi but kase 1 month palang ako sa obagi nuderm you can expect peeling till 3rd month pero mabilis nga sya makaputi. i tried putting in sa knees ko so far pumuputi though while you;re on obagi you have to wear sunblock always ok lang kase theresults is super worth it :)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
^ i see.. Thank you sa info sis :)

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2014, 02:45:17 am »
^^gaano katagal bagu maubos yung obagi clear and obagi blender? Tuwing kelan application nya?

janijun

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2014, 03:06:44 am »
mga sis, i highly suggest stieva A forte... the pink one, very thin application will do :p sadly sa mga tret user, bawal ka talagang mag pa araw and also.... my concern is yung obagi tret, i think tret is tret irregardless of brand am i right or wrong? kasi when you look at the chemical formulation parehas sila unless they added something sa obagi why is it very expensive?

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #532 on: April 17, 2014, 06:34:19 am »
^the brand makes it more expensive and also being a US brand sold commercially makes it more expensive. If I remember correctly, generic tretinoin in the US is sold for Usd100++, covered naman ata by insurance. So a lot of people there by their stash by online stores based in India and Mexico for cheaper alternatives.

Personally, I've tried both and mas ok formulation ng stieva for me. Iba-iba din kasi carriers so depende na lang kung saan ka hiyang.

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #533 on: April 17, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »
I use an AHA Serum - La Roche Posay Effaclar Serum. Hindi pwede sa akin ang cream. It gives me small irritation bumps all over. Was using Obagi din a few years back pero it was too irritating for me, sensitive kasi talaga skin ko, lalo na ngayon, for some reason.

Caren, feedback naman ng LRP Effaclar Serum.. Thanks  :)

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #534 on: April 18, 2014, 10:56:45 am »
Thanks sis caren! Read na pwede yung AHA sa nursing mom, yey! Maganda din ba effect ng AHA? May mga pimples kasi ako due to hormonal changes kaya gusto ko mag-Aha kasi di pa pwede ang obagi and tret. How much yung LRP effaclar serum and san kaya makakabili? Sa rustans kaya meron?

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #535 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:09 pm »
Caren, feedback naman ng LRP Effaclar Serum.. Thanks  :)

it's the only AHA my skin can tolerate now. For some reason, my skin has been really sensitive and reactive since last year. It's very thin and absorbs quite quickly, I only use it at night, with the effaclar toner, and followed by LRP Toleriane moisturizer. At first parang wala lang siyang effect but after a few months of using it (I've been using it regularly since Jan and am only halfway through the bottle), I can definitely say that it has helped improve the texture of my skin and when used with tretinoin seems to really help reversing acne scars.

Thanks sis caren! Read na pwede yung AHA sa nursing mom, yey! Maganda din ba effect ng AHA? May mga pimples kasi ako due to hormonal changes kaya gusto ko mag-Aha kasi di pa pwede ang obagi and tret. How much yung LRP effaclar serum and san kaya makakabili? Sa rustans kaya meron?

Welcome sis :) yes, pwede for lactating mothers ang AHA, but double check kasi effaclar serum contains LHA, supposedly a type of AHA, but check to be sure na din for baby's sake :)

I get my La Roche Posay stuff from the US. Not sure if may online sellers, pero ang alam ko wala pa silang retail distribution here in the Phils. You can also get it from HK and Europe.

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »
^ganda ng reviews sa net. Gusto ko na din hehe. Sayang kakauwi lang ng cousin ko from US di na nahabol itong LPR... :-/
May marerecommend ka bang ibang AHA cream sis caren? Nakaka-peel din ba yung AHA?

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #537 on: April 18, 2014, 11:26:30 pm »
^likas papaya soap is pretty good if your skin can tolerate it, pero its very drying and irritating on the facial skin. Also look into VMV Illuminants line and Clarins. bright Plus gentle renewing peel -it has the same formulation as the exfoliating toner that's highly raved in the UK.

ross24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2014, 11:02:42 am »
Thanks again sis caren! :-) will look into that. How about yung neostrata ultra smooting cream 10 AHA? Kita ko may online seller eh hehe.

gppb24

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #539 on: May 04, 2014, 08:55:17 pm »
Tretinoin Update: 3rd week of using this cream. I have 2 pimples on my left cheek now. I had mini breakout during my 1-2 weeks of using it. Im still experiencing peeling on my both cheeks. I dont use moisturizer 'coz it makes me oilier.

I noticed te following:
✔glowing effect
✔smooth skin
✔smaller pores

So far so good! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close