watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 5  (Read 184682 times)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:26 am »
^agree, think of Obagi as high end option to tretinoin. With due credit, Obagi did formulate the signature Obagi regimen, that most derms are now trying to emulate with their own mix of similar active ingredients.
For me, hiyangan kang talaga and how you mix it with your overall regimen, I've used Obagi, most OTC trets and derm-compounded tret, and ang pinaka effective me is my derma's tret, followed by Stieva 0.1% and Retacnyl 0.5%.

With Obagi, I used it with the Obagi System and it was really too harsh on my skin, I think that's the limitation of the HOO skin clinic din, kasi they can only give you products by Obagi, instead of mixing it up with milder OTC products like Physiogel, it's really more of a business than an actual clinic, I think.

If you're just starting out with tret, I think the best option to consult a derma, once he/she gives you a regimen that works for you, you can eventually work on that and slowly incorporate OTC brands as substitutes, so you're not necessarily dependent on your derma for products. I think that tret is Rx for a reason, and it's really best to get professional advice before self-medicating, to avoid possible side-effects that may be harder to reverse than the original problem, which I find is a common case with tret.

crazycoolchic19

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2013, 05:53:34 am »
Yung napa sobra lagay ng tret nag sugat, tapos parang nag langib magpeklat kaya yun or magdarken or mamuti after? Hinde ko maintindihan sa nose ko konti lang naman lagay ko pero nag flake na pla sya di ko napansin e nagalaw ko nose ko may manerism ako kase ..ayun nakuskos ko  :'(. What will i do? Yung buong face ko naman walang flaking nose ko lang... Do i need to put teramycin? Naglangib tuloy.hinde naman buong nose ko maliit lang kaso nakakainis :(

Pag may time ako today pa check up ako  sa derma baka may cream na need ilagay para maiwasan ang peklat or pamumuti or pangingitim,
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:01:46 am by crazycoolchic19 »

lakwatsa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2013, 02:25:52 pm »
mga sis tanong. kasi i was supposed to undergo pixel sa SCS kaso the derma did not allow me kasi daw may 50% chance na mag keloid. sad naman ako kasi dami kong acne scars and gusto ko sana kahit pano maimprove ko yun itsura nya before my wedding.

instead ang binigay nya sa kin e tretinoin soap, tretinoin 0.1 cream tapos whitening serum at sunblock. ask ko lang ano maitutulong ng tretinoin sa acne scars ko? and gaano katagal bago mag effect ang tretinoin?

saka pwede ko ba isabay ang pagpapa diamond peel while on tretinoin?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:31:04 pm by lakwatsa »

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »
^agree, think of Obagi as high end option to tretinoin. With due credit, Obagi did formulate the signature Obagi regimen, that most derms are now trying to emulate with their own mix of similar active ingredients.
For me, hiyangan kang talaga and how you mix it with your overall regimen, I've used Obagi, most OTC trets and derm-compounded tret, and ang pinaka effective me is my derma's tret, followed by Stieva 0.1% and Retacnyl 0.5%.

With Obagi, I used it with the Obagi System and it was really too harsh on my skin, I think that's the limitation of the HOO skin clinic din, kasi they can only give you products by Obagi, instead of mixing it up with milder OTC products like Physiogel, it's really more of a business than an actual clinic, I think.

I'm on Belo's DLC peeling cream (0.05% tretinoin) for a month mixed w/ Obagi Blender and I find I don't peel as much. Prior to this I was using Maxipeel #3 .025%/4%HQ and had more intense peeling from the latter. I'm wondering if the Belo tret is too mild for me? considering it's more potent. I would like to try OTC alternatives ex. Retin-A, Stieva.

Re Obagi, I made a post on the Obagi thread that it is not imperative to use the whole system ([textspeak!]-Derm). You can forego purchasing both the Clear/Blender and just opt for one depending on your needs. Personally I use the latter with the Foaming gel.

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2013, 02:35:32 pm »
mga sis tanong. kasi i was supposed to undergo pixel sa SCS kaso the derma did not allow me kasi daw may 50% chance na mag keloid. sad naman ako kasi dami kong acne scars and gusto ko sana kahit pano maimprove ko yun itsura nya before my wedding.

instead ang binigay nya sa kin e tretinoin soap, tretinoin 0.1 cream tapos whitening serum at sunblock. ask ko lang ano maitutulong ng tretinoin sa acne scars ko? and gaano katagal bago mag effect ang tretinoin?

If your scars are just PIH (post-inflammatory pigmentation) then tretinoin would greatly speed up their removal combined with the use of a pigment inhibitor. If they are raised, indented (read: ice pick scars) tretinoin will have minimal effect if at all. You may want to try resurfacing methods i.e. Fraxel, fractional needling. HTH  :)

lakwatsa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »
^thanks. malalim sya e. depressed scar or rolling scar yata ang tawag. nung college days kasi e cystic acne ang mga madalas tumambay sa face ko kaya ayun. :'( then medyo pinkish yun mga parts na may ganun. tapos nagiging mas obvious lalo kung namumula ako (e.g. nakainom, galit, etc)

papa pixel dapat ako pero ayaw ni doc kasi baka daw mag keloid lang so di daw advisable yun mga laser resurfacing methods sa condition ko kaya tretinoin binigay nya. :(

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2013, 07:07:30 pm »
I'm on Belo's DLC peeling cream (0.05% tretinoin) for a month mixed w/ Obagi Blender and I find I don't peel as much. Prior to this I was using Maxipeel #3 .025%/4%HQ and had more intense peeling from the latter. I'm wondering if the Belo tret is too mild for me? considering it's more potent. I would like to try OTC alternatives ex. Retin-A, Stieva.

Maxipeel being in liquid form allows for deeper penetration of the tretinoin, hence the higher likelihood of irritation (peeling, redness, etc). I also noticed that derm-compounded tret to be milder in general, compared to OTC trets available in our drugstores. Something to do with the carrier ingredients.

thea0021

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2013, 05:25:51 am »
Mga sis question lang, is it okay to buy the tret that you can get from facial care center like Dermacare because me nakita akong tret dun and cheap lang around 200 pesos lang. Do you think na safe yun gamitin? Please advise, tnx!

ilovejdy

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:33 am »
what brand po would you suggest for a first time user like me?
and what percentage yung safe? tia ;)

crazycoolchic19

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2013, 06:00:21 am »
Maxipeel being in liquid form allows for deeper penetration of the tretinoin, hence the higher likelihood of irritation (peeling, redness, etc). I also noticed that derm-compounded tret to be milder in general, compared to OTC trets available in our drugstores. Something to do with the carrier ingredients.

I agree mas matapang ang content ng liquid tret.wala pang 1 week nag pi peel nako, tapos nasunog , kala ko kase katulad lang ginagamit kong ointment ( derm a)na 3 mos. ko ng ginagamit no peeling.same lang naman ng content tret ng.RDL..ang binili ko, pinakamababang content ng tret ng derm-a.

Yung liqiud max of two months lang pedeng magamit, sa mga ointment ba continuos lang kahit nag peeling ka na?hinde ba masama na maging maintennance ang tret.everday?

After Rdl ko, babalik ako sa ointment.subukan ko yung retin-a

Mga sis how much retin -a sa mercury?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2013, 10:38:15 am »
I agree with wickedwitchofthewest and crazycoolchic.

Yung cream carriers kasi, it slows down the rate at which tretinoin is dispensed onto the skin.

Liquids evaporate fast leaving tretinoin to the skin all at once.

Peeling is not entirely a sign that tretinoin is working. Peeling is a sign of irritation and inability of the skin to tolerate the drug.

The goal in using tretinoin is to minimize the side effects (sun damage and irritation) to get the most of the benefit.

berrycherry

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »
Hi mga sis,, question lang.. I'm currently using my derma's tret .1%, but I'm here abroad, wala na akong stock.. what percentage ba ang kailangan ko pa din bilin if I'm going to buy branded tret.(substitute muna)? same pa din ba .1%? thank you

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2013, 04:50:48 am »
^ Check first if tretinoin is sold OTC where you're at. Many countries require prescription for this drug. If they do, you'd have to do with whatever percentage your new derm prescribed.

If prescription is not required, buy the same percentage you're used to.

rics

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2013, 07:01:11 am »
here, tret is a regulated drug. i would need a prescription to get one. sa pilipinas pa ako nagpapabili ng retin-a.

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2013, 11:03:05 am »
Back to using tret. I got Stieva A 0.1% and using it every two nights, alternate with my clarins regimen. Mukhang mas ok for me. I see imporvement in my skin tone the day after, pero walang peeling and irritation bumps that I usually get. I hope this keeps up.

pinkaboo

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:45 am »
Hello all!

I've been using R.A. Cream for 5 mos. now...is it the same as Tretinoin??

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2013, 04:47:08 am »
Finished Belo's DLC tretinoin cream and now using Retin-A 0.05%. I can personally vouch that Belo's product is effective, smooth cream and really helped lightened my overall complexion (w/ Obagi Blender). Curious to try new brand thus switched to Retin-A (plus more hygienic since it's in a tube). Anyhoo, I read a post somewhere that Belo repacks and uses Stieva? Dunno if it's true. I will need to try Stieva next to see and compare the texture, color etc

KittiEKittiE

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:57 pm »
^ sis how much obagi blender? and pinerescribe din ba yun ng derma mo together with their modified acne kit?

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2013, 12:22:33 am »
^^ I think the obagi blender did the 'overall lightening' effect because it has hydroquinone. Kapag skin texture naman, tretinoin ang hero.

Didn't experience lightening (thankfully) when I use tretinoin alone. I don't like the lighter face darker body look.

inc0gnito

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 5
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2013, 02:06:21 am »
@ KittiEKittiE
Purchased the Blender not at Belo but at HOO for P4950 iirc. I purchase my products from the latter and have my facials done at Belo. Re belo's acne kit, the Blender counterpart would be the Tyrosinase inhibitor cream I think. There is definitely something in the Obagi as I have used a straight 4% HQ product before with not so convincing results. PS - I'm a guy by the way  ;)

@ rae
I agree that's why it's better to use the Blender w/ tretinoin as studies show that it increases the latter's penetration twice as much (this is due to the glycerin and sapponins present in the Blender - making the stratum corneum more permeable). It's the opposite naman for me, my face and neck are at least 2-3 shades darker than the skin say, sa chest where hindi masyado exposed sa sun.

^Sorry if kinda OOT
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:08:49 am by inc0gnito »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close