watch now

Author Topic: Ebook Reader Thread V  (Read 97328 times)

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2014, 09:11:26 am »
@clueless, my paperwhite's cover has the same function but it's not an amazon cover, though i got it from amazon too. the original cover's too expensive, the one i got was just a fourth of the price of the original but of good quality naman. :)

deity17

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2014, 01:50:34 pm »
My kindle's defective na. nagloloko na yung tabs nya sa side. Kindle 4 sya, i bought it from Nelson of FB back in 2012  :(

juliaroberts

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2014, 10:57:04 pm »
hi, ok lang ba to use iphone charger sa kindle? do i need to use a transformer? may nagbigay kc sa akin ng paperwhite.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2014, 09:50:14 am »
^i use my iphone 5's charger, so far so good naman, hehe. no problem whatsoever.

juni

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2014, 06:11:37 am »
I've been looking at Kindles on Amazon and can't stop thinking how awesome it would be to live in the US and be able to get one for such a bargain.  Ang laki kasi ng shipping and customs costs if ipapadala mo dito sa Pilipinas.  Ang layo ng price niya on Amazon sa presyo ng resellers dito sa Manila.

When I saw Kobo units sa National bookstore, I was intrigued.  I read some online reviews saying na the Kobo Glo's lighting is better and more evenly distributed than the Kindle Paperwhite.  But when I checked it out, hindi pa rin ako as happy with it compared to Kindle.  Mas magaan yung Kobo, that's true, but I worry na mas madali siya masira especially pag naupuan or naipit sa bag.  And I like Kindle's interface better than Kobo's.  It's not perfect, and there are features that I wish Amazon would add (and soon), but overall I prefer the Kindle pa rin.

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2014, 09:12:53 am »
^ can't really compare the kobo glo to the paperwhite, but speaking strictly as a kindle paperwhite user, i gotta say i am more than satisfied with it as a reader. :D there was some adjustment coming from a kindle 3 (keyboard) but after learning the basics, the touch gestures and interface do make sense and are quite intuitive.

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:27 am »
I'm tempted to buy a kobo in national but my Kindle 3 is still working perfectly. For Kobo users, how do you transfer books to your ereader? With Kindle kasi i just email the ebook to my kindle email and it transfers through wifi. Ganun din ba kadali with kobo?

gelaest

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »
^ You can copy and paste your epub/mobi files to the Kobo Glo. You can use its built-in memory or use a memory card. :)

juni

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2014, 01:06:09 am »
@blackshirt13:  Do you have the 1st generation Kindle Paperwhite or the latest one?  Is the lighting okay and is it even?  I read some online reviews kasi that said the units that they got had some issues (ex. uneven lighting, the lighting was bluish, some dark spots on the screen, etc.).  I'm not completely sold on the Kindle Paperwhite yet, but I do prefer the Kindle over the Kobo.  The Kobo's interface isn't very nice, looks lousy, not as easy to navigate as the Kindle's.

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #429 on: July 10, 2014, 10:14:47 am »
^ mine is 2nd gen. even naman yung lighting, though cool-toned yung pagka-white nya kaya siguro nasasabi na bluish ng iba. but i have no problem with it naman, basta nakakapagbasa ako ng ayos, i'm good. ;)

juni

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »
^ Ang ganda bilhin kasi since it has built-in lighting na, so you don't have to buy another attachment or be near a light source para makapagbasa.  Binabantayan ko to on the Amazon website nung Black Friday last year and was tempted especially when they gave a nice discount on this item.  I don't know, maybe I will go ahead and buy this... Tignan ko na lang ulit when the Black Friday shopping madness comes around this year.  Thanks sis :)

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2014, 08:25:51 am »
^ No prob. :) Though Amazon might have a new Kindle Paperwhite by then. ;)

a.k.a. HELGA

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #432 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:09 pm »
Yay! Got myself a Kobo Glo. Finally! Been wanting this for quite a while. Mas convenient sa akin since most of my ebooks are in epub format. One happy bookworm here :-)  :-)

alphastar

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »
been thinking of getting a kobo... can i buy it at any national bookstore branch?

a.k.a. HELGA

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »
^ no sis. Not all National Bookstore branches carry Kobo Products. Please check National Bookstore website to get the full list of all their branches selling Kobo.

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #435 on: July 21, 2014, 03:08:10 pm »
^^ if your local/nearest NBS brand doesn't carry the Kobo readers by default, I think you can still get a Kobo by ordering from that branch. It would take a bit longer of course, but you can still get one. :)

ms.maui

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »
If you guys would want to try Amazon over Kobo meron namang trusted online seller ng kindle sa OLX. Meron ding Kobo, not sure if cheaper sa NBS. Bought from him na with free access pa to his dropbox para sa books.

Btw, I suggest you guys get the w/ special offers (with ads) kasi you can email kindle support at ipatanggal [textspeak!] ads by just stating you reside in the Philippines and won't be able to purchase. I think I've read that here sa thread din pero share lang ulit.

On PW, I love the new update where goodreads is linked na! cool.

P.S Super live saver lang ng paperwhite during brownout days last week.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2014, 07:08:02 pm »
^ korek, pwedeng ipatanggal! dalawang beses ako nagrequest na tanggalin ang ads, sa old kindle at sa new kindle :)

juni

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:29 am »
^ No prob. :) Though Amazon might have a new Kindle Paperwhite by then. ;)

Lalo tuloy ako natetempt ;D  I hope they add more features sa new Paperwhite like a better interface and lakihan nila yung storage to 4GB like it was on the Kindle Touch.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Ebook Reader Thread V
« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »
There will be a new Kindle - Flare.

Wrong info
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:40:56 pm by Heatherette »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close