watch now

Author Topic: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)  (Read 74394 times)

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »
Hi! I dunno if OT but:

I've recently started putting make-up. My skin has orange-skin-like-pores. I have no cystic acne but more of blackheads, whiteheads, and pores. I am in my early 20s.

I've only tried using eyebrow powder (In2it) and cheek stain (the body shop). My sunblock is matte finish so I do not use foundation (besides, i tend to have oily skin so I am afraid of putting too much make-up on my face. And my goal is to look as natural as possible).

I haven't backread and I will but for those who have oily skin, what foundation would you suggest?

My real question is this: If you feel ugly after wash off your make-up, is there something wrong with you?

I am not pretty. But when I started using those basic make-up, I've received compliments. And I must admit it improved my looks. But before using make-up, I was "okay" with myself. I knew I was not pretty enough. Now, when I remove it, and my hair is just "blah" (as in no effort to put some hair lotion to my frizzy hair), I look and feel so ugly. I feel that i cannot go back to feeling "just okay" with myself without my make-up.

At first I thought of using make-up on some occasions but I ended up putting it everyday. Is this wrong??

qt_ben17

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2014, 06:46:07 am »
@oshiawase: there's nothing to be guilty or ashamed if you have accepted to yourself that you have certain needs (everyone does!) to work on, and you are addressing to these perceived problems.

clothes, makeup, shoes, accessories, hairdo, etc, all are just temporary fix to become a better you but what's most important is the reconciliation to yourself that you have accepted your face, body ,your faults and flaws as bare as it is.   

i remember what wayne goss is saying on his videos -- something like-- no amount of makeup can cover up an ugly soul. 

imalittleteapot

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »
Mga sis gusto ko  din matuto mag makeup ever since nung college lang ako natuto maglagay nang lipstick hehe.. Medyo tomboyish pa kasi ako nun kaya wala ako knows sa makeup and now mother na ako at nag iiba na din skin ko , problem ko talaga yung proper at tamang pagpili ng makeup kasi i had acne marks at open pores , oily din skin ko , mukhang like ko yung colorstay ng revlon at kelanga pa ba mag moisturize kahit oily bago mag apply make up? Feel ko din yung naturafactor kasi magaling sya as concealer , at magandang combi daw ang naturafactor at ben nye ? So pag ngcolorstay revlon ako no need pa ng naturafactor ?  [textspeak!] ben nye ba na nakikita ko sa ig yun [textspeak!] pinaka setting ? Tama ba ako hehe....

And also may solution ba sa lips ko na palagi nagbabalat pag lagyan ko lipstick or lipgloss lang kahit naglilipbalm muna ko bago ako maglipstick, halos lahat ng klaseng lipstick ganun palagi ngbabalat lips ko kahit yung mga super moisturized thingy daw eh di effective

no need to moisturize if oily ka na, i suggest use primer instead and avoid foundation with spf.

with your lips naman, apply lipbalm/petroleum jelly overnight. then my nabasa ako from other thread: equal parts of honey and lemon, apply overnight to moisturize your lips.

:)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »
That's one misconception - no need to moisturize if you have oily skin. Oily skin needs moisture pa rin. Remember, nilalabas ng skin sebum to lubricate the skin and not moisture. Especially if you're going to use products meant for oily skin na mag-combat ng oiliness, you need to balance that with a moisturizer.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »
Using a moisturizer is a must, even if you are oily. I used to skip this thinking that it's not necessary for those with oily skin. Use a water-based or gel moisturizer instead, as creams tend to be too rich for oily skin types.

Once your skin is hydrated enough, mareregulate the oil production. That's what I noticed, na-lessen oiliness ko when I started using moisturizer.

teri_28

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2014, 02:53:06 pm »
Using a moisturizer is a must, even if you are oily. I used to skip this thinking that it's not necessary for those with oily skin. Use a water-based or gel moisturizer instead, as creams tend to be too rich for oily skin types.

Once your skin is hydrated enough, mareregulate the oil production. That's what I noticed, na-lessen oiliness ko when I started using moisturizer.

sis ano ginamit mong moisturizer? grabe kasi ako mag oil face ko, and pwde po ask kung anong maganda yung naturafactor  or meiko octard ? kelangan ko pa gumamit nito pag nag revlon colorstay ako? sorry kasi wala talaga ako alam sa makeup nababasa ko lang sa ibang thread dito , may mga acne marks at open pores kasi ako gusto ko yung natural lang look ko

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2014, 03:06:54 pm »
^
Sis, I have Neutrogena Hydroboost and iWhite Aqua Moisturizing Cream/Gel. I also use the iWhite Facial Cream. All these work as makeup base na din.

Re: Naturactor and Meiko, other sisters can answer that. I don't use both kasi eh.

Re: Revlon Colorstay, if you're asking if necessary pa din to use moisturizer, it is. Kahit anong foundation pa yan. :)

SheGoesThrifty

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:22 pm »
Hello!

Dunno if this will help, but I have oily combination skin and may parts of my face, esp. the nose area where my pores are more noticeable. I use a pore minimizer primer after my moisturizer just to seal the base and create a nice canvas for my foundation/BB cream to go on. I also do a clay mask treatment at home at least once or twice a week just to get all the gunk out from my pores. I found that keeping a skincare routine that works for you really does wonders for when you start applying makeup.

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2014, 12:31:10 pm »
i have super oily face...anong okay na brand ng foundation?

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2014, 01:49:39 pm »
^try majolica majorca and fanny serrano two way powder. Those work fantastic on my oily face. finishing powder ko naman pigeon medicated and i must say maganda nga sya.

mikewazowski

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »
I have oily skin and I sweat a lot since I walk for miles everyday. Which is better, f21 perfect stick, or two way cake foundation? I only need light coverage. Gusto ko sana yung perfect stick, tapos set ko with loose powder. Ok na kaya yon? Baka kasi halatang nakafoundation if yung two way cake.

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2014, 04:08:33 pm »
^^ thanks! will try those. sana di expensive!

Anong okay na primer for oily skin?

Also, I use my matte finish sunblock as foundation..okay na ba 'yun? I am going for a "natural look" kasi eh plus acne prone ang skin ko so ayoko madaming nilalagay na make-up so usually, sunblock (as foundation), eyebrow powder, and blush on lang ako..lip balm for the lips. un na.

Am I missing something?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »
^try majolica majorca and fanny serrano two way powder. Those work fantastic on my oily face. finishing powder ko naman pigeon medicated and i must say maganda nga sya.

Sis san ba nakakabili ng pigeon powder, andami raves about that. Dati raved din ata yung bemch powder, yun gamit ko ngayon, feeling ko it's not as finely milled as people seemed to claim.

Dati tinry ko na din yung fanny serrano 2 way cake, didn't like it as well. Haay.

^ sis if mej makinis ka naman, you can also invest on a very good concealer. Dami raves about collection cosmetics' concealer, even lisa eldridge and tanya burr, hands down dun. Havent tried it though, i'm not really a concealer girl, masyado ako nagiging oc at nagiging anal sa concealing, i took forever to finish my mukap. Hahaha!

nettiebelle

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2014, 07:14:48 pm »
May Pigeon powder ako, kaso pag ginagamit ko to, sobrang puti ng mukha ko.  :( Ewan ko, kahit anong apply ko hindi ko, nagmumukha nga akong white lady, hindi mukhang natural sakin. Very easy and quick makeup ko ay Maybelline BB Cream, tapos Ben Nye na. Tapos for the eyes, simpleng curl lang ng eyelashes, then coat of elf essential mascara, yung clear. For lips, Nivea lipbalm lang.  ;)

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
what's a good primer for oily acidic skin?

Also, has anyone tried Maybelline's mineral foundation? How was it? Thanks!

youareaschizoe

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2014, 03:27:09 pm »
Is it really necessary to use primer? :)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »
^ only if you're oily sis though if you want a smoother base application, then go for a primer. yung other benefits of primer like minimising pores and erasing fine lines, di ko naobserve sa akin when i was still using primer. for everyday kasi i dont use primer. 

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2014, 02:39:38 am »
^ ah i see sis, maybe yung mga mas magaganda may effect na sayo. one thing i've observe (esp with smashbox) is that i dont need to use as much base to get the coverage i want if i'll wear a primer underneath. natry ko na rin yung mga porefessional, okay lang, di naman siya "miracle" haha.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »
Is it really necessary to use primer? :)
Not a fan of primers. Plus I don't think they do that much as a base. Though wayback, for no reason I got Laura Mercier's oil free primer, didn't even use it more than three times I think. hanggang nag-expire lang. lol. Much better pa moisturizer para sakin. :)

youareaschizoe

  • Guest
Re: Makeup Guide for Beginners (Thread 3)
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2014, 08:20:39 pm »
^ ah i see sis, maybe yung mga mas magaganda may effect na sayo. one thing i've observe (esp with smashbox) is that i dont need to use as much base to get the coverage i want if i'll wear a primer underneath. natry ko na rin yung mga porefessional, okay lang, di naman siya "miracle" haha.

Aside from Smashbox, any primers would you recommend sis? I have Combi skin.

Not a fan of primers. Plus I don't think they do that much as a base. Though wayback, for no reason I got Laura Mercier's oil free primer, didn't even use it more than three times I think. hanggang nag-expire lang. lol. Much better pa moisturizer para sakin. :)

Nothing beats a well taken cared skin, db sis? :) but of course, makeup helps to enhance more of what we've got.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:25:48 pm by youareaschizoe »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close