I have a friend who is happily married
The dilemma of my friend now is that naghahabol na yung girl. At least kilalanin lang yung anak. I'm not sure kung humihingi ng sustento pero parang may legal case na daw.
My friend doesn't know what to do. Hindi nya alam kung kailangan or paano nya ipapaalam sa wife nya yung kid.
Kung kayo yung wife ng friend ko, how will you react?
Dapat na ba sabihin ng friend ko yung situation sa wife nya?
Eh baket ka pa mag court case? Kuno, to give the child a surname, to make her know her real pop. Sure, but bottom line: kelangan ng financial support -- for many more years to come.
Dapat na ba sabihin ng friend mo?
Well, he can wait until he receives the court docs he must reply to.
Tell your friend: Ano bang claseng question yan? Can he fool himself into thinking his wife will never find out? Wala ba syang Lola na nagbanggit sa kanya: " Walang secreto na hindi nabubunyag"? "Basura ngang binaon, sisingaw at sisingaw din." Bow.
How will I react? Is that relevant? How can your friend determine his wife's reaction from a survey?
IMO, how she will react will be greatly influenced by how well he markets himself as a very penitent person with a commitment to her happiness. Yung script na: I am more heartbroken to bring this into your life; but I promise on my mother's head to make you only happy till the day I die. Peksman. bow.
IF he is Committed to his promise or not... Hehe, that is another question for later.
If a BFF seeks my advice under such circumstances, I will tell her to be pragmatic.
She should accept sooner than later that:
1. Even to The Undeserving, puedeng mngyari that Sh1t hits the fan: it has hit. So don't wail unnecessarily. History cannot be re-written.
2. Her husband will provide that 1st kid financial support -- for many years to come. So, minimize the impact of that on family resources. Baka isipin ng Other Mom -- ah, rich = big sustento! So, get a lawyer whose specialty includes child support cases. Give the barest he can get away with vis-a-vis the courts. See, mas madali mag add sa sustento later on.
(Not to be mean, but that kid is entitled to her father's resources, but not to his wife's di ba)