Author Topic: All About Our Baby's VACCINATION - Part 9  (Read 138373 times)

iristacey

• crazy intellect and a mom of 2
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • certified antukin :)
    • *sikretong malupet*
All About Our Baby's VACCINATION - Part 9
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:10 am »
Hi sisses, previous thread has been locked already. let's continue sharing here.

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,249395.580.html

hi doc lelet, ask ko lang po what is your take on the delaying vaccination as advocated by dr. sears? i saw a sample as below:

http://www.sortacrunchy.net/sortacrunchy/2007/11/our-delayed-vac.html 

saka po yung about monovalent measles. is it okay to delay this to 1yo? thanks po in advance.
loving my babies more each day :)

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
Re: All About Our Baby's VACCINATION - Part 9
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:19 am »
@iristacey:
There is a reason why vaccines are recommended at a certain age. That is based on countless studies on disease prevalence, maternal antibodies,  immune system immaturity, etc. Pwedeng madelay ng konti ang vaccination by a month or two, but I do not recommend delaying vaccinations for a long time.
Why? Kaya recommended na ibigay ang DPT, polio, hib, pcv and rotavirus early (2 months of age) because maternal antibodies to these diseases are weak and wane early so maaga pa lang, susceptible na ang bata sa disease. Immature pa ang immune system ng babies less than 2 years of age so wala pa rin masyadong antibodies na nabubuo para labanan ang mga sakit na ito. Hence, the need to vaccinate at this age.
Also, I strongly urge all those mothers who are thinking of delaying vaccinations to also look at the diseases and the complications that these vaccines are giving protection to so that you would know what your child may get. As I said in the last thread, because of delayed vaccinations, tumataas tuloy ang resurgence ng mga sakit na dati wala na, like pertussis. Sa US, there are a lot of pertussis cases nowadays because there are a lot of mothers who delay or forego vaccinations.
Please do not be afraid of vaccines. They were developed to protect your babies against diseases and before the vaccines are released in the market, there are several studies made to ensure their safety. And even after marelease sa market, meron din post - surveillance studies na ginagawa to check for adverse reactions that were missed during the pre-marketing studies. Continuous ang surveillance and monitoring sa mga vaccines.
Sa mga nagsasabi na dati naman, konti lang ang vaccinations, shouldn't we be happy na nadagdagan ang mga sakit na hindi na mararanasan ng mga anak natin kasi there are vaccines na against it? Imagine, because of vaccines, wala ng smallpox and malapit ng ma-eradicate ang polio.
With regards to the monovalent measles, please backread sa last page ng last thread, I discussed the need for giving the monovalent measles at 6 to 9 months of age and why kahit na may MMR at 12 to 15 months of age, there is a need to give it pa rin.

megansmomma

• Senior GirlTalker
  • what's wrong with being different baby? :)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:40 pm »
^doclelet, at 15 mos ang last vaccine ng baby ko is when she turned 9 mos, wala pa syang measle vax, panay kase ang ubo at lagnat kaya hindi namin mapabakunahan. puwede pa po kayang ihabol? at after measles po ano pa ba ang need na vaccines? thanks po!

iristacey

• crazy intellect and a mom of 2
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • certified antukin :)
    • *sikretong malupet*
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:36 pm »
^^thank you doc lelet. nakakatakot lang kasi yung ibang info available on the net na kesyo masama daw yung high dose of aluminum present on the vaccines. minsan kasi info overload kakabasa ng kung ano ano. :)
loving my babies more each day :)

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:47:49 pm »
@megansmomma:
Pwede pang ihabol ang Measles vaccine kahit anong age pa.
Next vaccine will depend on what has been given to your baby so far. Your pedia is the best person to ask regarding what to schedule next.
If assuming your baby was given the recommended vaccines prior to the measles vaccine, then the next vaccines would be:

12 months: 1st dose of Chicken pox/Varicella vaccine
                 1st dose of Hepatitis A vaccine

12 - 15 months: 1st dose of MMR vaccine

15 - 18 months of age: 1st booster dose of DaPT, polio, Hib,
                                  booster dose of PCV (assuming PCV 1st dose was given at 2 to 6 months
                                  of  age)

18 months of age: 2nd dose of Hepatitis A vaccine (2nd dose is given 6 to 12 months after the 1st dose)

24 months - optional vaccines: typhoid, meningococcal vaccines

4 - 6 years of age: 2nd dose of MMR and chicken pox vaccines, 2nd booster dose of DPT and Polio vaccines

Yearly flu vaccines starting at 6 months of age

@iristacey:
Sharing the FDA explanation on vaccine additives:
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm187810.htm

Actually, I shared that link already in the last thread. Hope you can find the time to back read. Baka sakaling ma-address ang concerns mo regarding vaccine safety.
Regarding naman sa autism - aluminum link or autism - MMR link, several vaccine safety studies have already debunked this myth. Back read ka sa last thread for my explanation regarding this.

megansmomma

• Senior GirlTalker
  • what's wrong with being different baby? :)
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:26 am »
^thanks po, hindi na kase napa-vax since feb dapat measles kase pag schedule na palaging nagkakasakit.

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:04:53 pm »
@leletmd
i have mumps.  mahahawa ba si baby kahit meron na sya mmr vaccine?  tia.
Do some time with the one you love.

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »
@Dacian:
How many doses of MMR na ang nareceive ng baby mo? If one dose pa lang, then there is a small chance na mahawa siya sa iyo.

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
@Dacian:
How many doses of MMR na ang nareceive ng baby mo? If one dose pa lang, then there is a small chance na mahawa siya sa iyo.

@leletmd
doc, 1 dose.  huhu.  naka-sched 2nd dose nya at 4-6 years old.  baka mahawa si baby.  sana hindi.  sisihin ko sarili ko kapag nahawa sya.  ang sakit ng mumps, grabe.
Do some time with the one you love.

meldesiderio

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:23 am »
@leletmd  hello dra, just wanted to ask, my daughter was born july 30th, i tried vaccines sa center, because they are free of charge but reading your previous post, alam ko need to do something. please advice kung ano dapat at urgent ko habulin:

july 30 -  hepa B 
aug 18  - BCG
Sept 19 - DPT and IPV

@iristacey

thank you all!

jellyjuice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:45 am »
Hi,

I'm a first-time mom.  I had my son vaccinated against chicken pox last week. he's 18 months na.  Kaso a day after nya maturukan, nagka pimple sya sa gitna ng noo nya.  I tried na hindi kalmutin ni baby kaso wala e. natatuklap pa din.  so para hindi na lalo pa kalmutin, i put bandaid. kaso pagkatangal naman, nagkaron ng parang paltos sa tabi ng maliit na pimple.  [textspeak!] paltos mas malaki pa dun sa original pimple. Pinatingin ko sa clinic sabi naman sa kin i-betadine ko lang daw and make sure that he won't scratch the scab. tinanong din ng doctor kung meron pa sa other parts of the body. sabi ko wala na po.  but today, there's a huge paltos sa chest nya.  I'm worried. has anyone had this experience before with their kid? Is this related to the vaccine?

Thanks

erl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »
Hi,

I'm a first-time mom.  I had my son vaccinated against chicken pox last week. he's 18 months na.  Kaso a day after nya maturukan, nagka pimple sya sa gitna ng noo nya.  I tried na hindi kalmutin ni baby kaso wala e. natatuklap pa din.  so para hindi na lalo pa kalmutin, i put bandaid. kaso pagkatangal naman, nagkaron ng parang paltos sa tabi ng maliit na pimple.  [textspeak!] paltos mas malaki pa dun sa original pimple. Pinatingin ko sa clinic sabi naman sa kin i-betadine ko lang daw and make sure that he won't scratch the scab. tinanong din ng doctor kung meron pa sa other parts of the body. sabi ko wala na po.  but today, there's a huge paltos sa chest nya.  I'm worried. has anyone had this experience before with their kid? Is this related to the vaccine?

Thanks

nakakaalarm namn yan sis.[textspeak!] baby ko pa naman sked nya sa next sat ng chicken pox vacc din..naku sana hindi magkaganyan ang reaction nya im scared.

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »
@meldesiderio:
Ok lang naman magpa-vaccinate sa health center, as long as you are aware that there are vaccines not available sa health center that need to be given also.
Ang kulang pa kay baby based sa binigay mo na sked ay:
2nd dose of Hepatitis B - due at 1 month of age (walang deadline, pwedeng pwede habulin)
1st dose of Hib, Rotavirus and PCV

Of these vaccines, ang may deadline is rotavirus vaccine.
The maximum age for the 1st dose of the rotavirus vaccine kasi is 14 weeks and 6 days so if you want to have your baby vaccinated against Rotavirus, then you should prioritize having the 1st dose of this vaccine given.

@jellyjuice and erl:
Chicken pox vaccine is a live vaccine. Usual side effects are: fever and chicken pox like rash 1 to 2 weeks after the vaccination. The rash usually appears 1st on the chest and may spread to the arms and legs, but is only minimal and is not contagious. It would go away by itself without need to give oral medications, except if the child constantly scratches it.
Not all vaccinated children will present with this side effect.
My suggestion is to always ask your doctor about potential vaccine side effects and to ask for the vaccine insert so that you know what to expect and what to do after vaccination.

Cutiesammie

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 10:02:51 pm »
@leletmd, hi dra..ask ko lang po kasi tomorrow naka schedule kami for rotavirus, ilang dose po ba yunrotarix po yung brand na ginamit sa first dose?tia

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:50:02 pm »
@Cutiesammie:
2 required doses for the rotarix vaccine vs 3 doses for the rotateq vaccine
Maximum age for the 1s dose is 14 weeks and 6 days while age limit for the last dose is 8 months.

erl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:24:48 am »
@meldesiderio:
Ok lang naman magpa-vaccinate sa health center, as long as you are aware that there are vaccines not available sa health center that need to be given also.
Ang kulang pa kay baby based sa binigay mo na sked ay:
2nd dose of Hepatitis B - due at 1 month of age (walang deadline, pwedeng pwede habulin)
1st dose of Hib, Rotavirus and PCV

Of these vaccines, ang may deadline is rotavirus vaccine.
The maximum age for the 1st dose of the rotavirus vaccine kasi is 14 weeks and 6 days so if you want to have your baby vaccinated against Rotavirus, then you should prioritize having the 1st dose of this vaccine given.

@jellyjuice and erl:
Chicken pox vaccine is a live vaccine. Usual side effects are: fever and chicken pox like rash 1 to 2 weeks after the vaccination. The rash usually appears 1st on the chest and may spread to the arms and legs, but is only minimal and is not contagious. It would go away by itself without need to give oral medications, except if the child constantly scratches it.
Not all vaccinated children will present with this side effect.
My suggestion is to always ask your doctor about potential vaccine side effects and to ask for the vaccine insert so that you know what to expect and what to do after vaccination.

ok doc let...this is very helpful to us new moms...mraming salamat po:-)

jellyjuice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
Thanks for your replies.

Pinatingnan ko na sya sa doctor ulit. Sabi nga nya konti lang nga daw ang nagdedevelop ng rash. Kaso nakakaalarm lang talaga na malaki at paltos yung itsura nya. Hindi ko kasi matandaan na paltos ang itsura ng chicken pox ko nung bata ako. alam ko parang blisters na hindi pa pumuputok, and hindi ganito kalaki. naaawa nga ako sa kanya lalo na kapag nakakatihan na sya. 

DV

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »
Hi, Doc Lelet! May update po ba tayo sa dengue vaccine? Thanks!
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."    --Dr Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »
@jellyjuice:
Actually, hindi talaga paltos ang rash ng chickenpox. Vesicular rash (small rash na may water sa loob then puputok then magkakaroon ng scab) ang type of rash na lumalabas kapag may chicken pox. What is different also from your child's case is that 1 day after the vaccination, there was already a rash on the forehead.
What was your pedia's assessment regarding the rashes? Blister ba daw or vesicle? Magkaiba kasi ang cause ng blister sa vesicle.

@DV:
From what I know, 2014 pa raw ang earliest possible time of release of the dengue vaccine. I think they are not done with the human trials yet since there are 15 countries involved.

kikay9599

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:26 pm »
Almost 3 months vaccine-free si bunso, napabilis un mga required vaccines for less than 12-month old babies because of the combined ones like 6in1 and 5in1. Now that he has turned 1, he's scheduled this Friday for the chicken pox vaccine. I pray that he won't be included in the number of rare cases that develop vesicle after vaccination. Aminin natin ang hirap magkasakit ang babies kahit low fever yan and not contagious, naglalambing pa din ang babie natin. :(

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:57:28 pm by kikay9599 »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close