watch now

Author Topic: help! baby skin whitening  (Read 122804 times)

jaja_0310

  • Guest
help! baby skin whitening
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »
Pwede na ba I lotion si baby kahit wala pa 1 month?o paliguan with tea? Ang dry at itim kasi ni baby.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:04:35 pm »
^ The skin of a baby is very sensitive and lotion is not yet recommended at 1 month old.

Are you fair-skinned?  Or dark too?  Why this rush to make your baby "white"?

jaja_0310

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29:08 am »
Ganun ba sis? Parehas kame maputi ni hubby, sabi napag lihian ko daw kasi sa champurado at chocolate kaya naging maitim baby ko.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:02:37 am »
Baka your kid is very red. Ganun kasi with my daughter's case. My husband is caucasian and ako, though I'm not that fair I'm not dark either. My relatives were teasing me sa lahat ng mamamana sa akin, kulay pa. Eventually my daughter's color changed. She's very white now.

But to be honest, dark or white, it shouldn't matter. If you're so hung up with her/his skin color, there is a big possibility your kid will carry the same attitude when he/she grows up.

Re the dryness try asking your pedia if ok to put a little oil before bath. There's a wide choices of organic baby oil.

jaja_0310

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:28:57 am »
Korek nga kayo mga sis, nahuhurt lang ako kasi sinasabi na parang hindi ko daw anak, kasi ang itim ni baby, hay, siguro dedmahin ko nalang.

spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:19 pm »
im sorry, but i think i've read about you complaining about your baby's skin color in at least 3 different threads

-- i think that's sad and i feel bad for your baby that you can't just seem to accept that. i think its selfish and immature of you to think that you need to please other people by looking down at your baby because he/she has dark skin.

paglilihi is not something i believe in. heck, my mom claimed she was obsessed with milk before i was born, and im not exactly fair skinned.

also know that ask they grow older, their skin gets better. my niece looked different when she was born, and she was a bit darker. now shes so pretty and her skin is fair.

cut your baby some slack. enjoy motherhood instead of feeling so insecure about your baby's looks. seriously.

slovy

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 04:00:32 pm »
sis jaja, wag mo gawing big deal ang mga sinasabi ng mga tao.. alam mo nakakarelate ako sayo e, dark din baby ko nun sis, at syempre lahat ng mga tao lagi kinocompare agad sa son ko, bakit daw baby 2 ay maitim. pero hindi ko na binigyan pansin yun, problema na nila yun. At saka sis magbabago pa kulay ng mga babies. Si baby ko at 3 months yan nasa profile pic ko, sya yan nag-iba skin tone nya hindi na sya dark. Wag muna mag lotion sis. Tama sila, sensitive ang mga skin ng babies.

cristyles

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:21 pm »
Ang important is normal at healthy si baby. I don't really believe also in "lihi", sis baka pag lumaki na siya maging fair skin rin siya or mag lighten yung skin. And i believe na your baby should be fine whether he/she has a dark/white skin. As long na healthy siya yun ang mahalaga :) .

downrightgorgeous

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 05:26:55 pm »
I agree with other sissies, be happy na your baby is healthy. I work at non-profit for kids with disabilities  kaya kung normal is baby is such a blessing already.

And wait ka lang lalabas din true  color nyan. I'm married to a caucasian paglabas nman ng baby namin hindi ganun kaputi, after several months tsaka sya pumuti talaga :)

betsyness

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »
my second baby, who is a girl seems maitim daw, nacocompare din with her kuya na maputi talaga. And both kami ni hubby are maputi. mukhang kamuyanggi sya now, 1 1/2 months old pa lang naman. But i don't really care. i'm happy and proud to have her. Sabi ko nga pag may pumapansin sa kanya e, ok lang yan. Mas madali magpaputi kesa magpaganda!

joanniekiko

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 01:59:40 am »
sis, don't worry kasi baby ko din maitim nung pinanganak ko and yung mga kakilala namin ganyan din reaction kasi both naman kami ni hubby hinde maitim, pero nung nag 4 or 5 months na cia nag light na color nya :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:08:17 am by joanniekiko »

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 02:42:57 am »
im sorry pero pati ba naman ang mentality ng mga pinoy sa kulay, pati baby idamay? oh please! a baby's skin colour changes. and so what naman kung maitim o maputi ang bata? you need to be more positive when it comes to your baby's characteristics as it can affect her self esteem in the end if you continue to be like that.

and give your own child some slack. im sorry but it just irks me that you are bothered with your baby's skin colour when other moms and couples will do anything just to have a baby. learn to accept your child  as he/she is. how do you expect your child to feel if malaman nyang ang sarili nyang mommy e ayaw or gusto baguhin ang kulay nya?

caprice

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:52 am »
my husband and i are both fair-skinned. yung husband ko pa, super puti at super kinis. kaya daming nagsasabi noon na siguro pag nagka-baby kami e sobrang puti. when our baby was born, maputi naman sya pero hindi katulad ng color namin. pansin na pansin pag karga namin. napansin nga ng family ko pero hindi naman pintas ang dating. sabi ng mama ko, magbabago pa yan. true enough, on my baby's 2nd month, pumuti sya. ngayon mas maputi pa sya sa akin. pero kahit maputi sya, wala lang sa amin. mas gusto sana naming wala syang insect bites, rashes, allergies, etc. yun kasi ang nakakaawa.     

i remember, a friend asked me years ago, ano daw feeling ko na yung pinakamagandang asset ko daw which is my skin color e pwede na lang daanin sa glutathione. ;D

bettyboop1322

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 04:26:40 pm »
naalala ko tuloy yung patient sa hospital dati wala pang 2 years old yung bata sinasabon ng mother nya ng Likas papaya, grabe ang naging damage sa skin ni baby... poor baby  :(

promises_bytes

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »
Baby ko maitim sya din nung pinanganak pero cute na cute kami ng asawa ko sa kanya. Ni hindi namin inisip na paputiin sya, ang inisip namin ay kung pano namin sya palalakihin ng maayos.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 01:41:54 pm »
I feel sorry for your baby. Why not enjoy this new life you brought into this world rather than looking at the negative. Is it because of what other people say? You are gearing you and your baby up to a lifetime of peer pressure and negativity.

Your child will only be a baby once and you can never get this moment back and all you will have to remember is that you were stressing over your baby's dark skin?

Was your baby exposed to UV lights or to the sun as a newborn? This can attribute to skin darkening but as most have already pointed out, it is only temporary. Just let your baby be.

Other parents would love to be in your blessed position, to have a healthy baby. If you are considering other interventions for your baby's skin color I really question your fit to be a mother.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 02:09:11 pm »
Wow, I've always heard this type of complaint on TV but never in real life. I'm sorry but I feel bad for your kid, seriously.

Your kid's skin color shouldnt matter if you take good care of it and it becomes makinis. Even if the skin is dark, basta makinis and healthy, it shouldnt be an issue especially to you as the parent. I hope you dont get offended but are you embarassed that your child is dark and you are fair? That's a bigger issue to face, sis.

I'm morena and I never grew up abhorrent of my skin color mostly because I grew up in a family that didnt tolerate labels and who reminded me that I am beautiful, regardless of my color. Kids should grow up in a loving environment like that too. You said wala pang 1 month ang anak mo, if someone here said 'yeah, you can bathe him in tea or put whitening lotion', are you really and seriously going to do it? Regardless of the harmful effects to the baby's health?   

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »
hi jaja_0310: im sure your baby's color is not your utmost concern... but like what the other mom's here have mentioned i'm sure your baby's color might still change. But regardless I'm sure you love your child.

Ladies, I hope we don't judge a mother and her parenting skills just because she asks something in this forum - afterall, isnt this what this forum (FEMALENETWORK) is for? To ask and share? I know what most of you have mentioned are your opinions, but I guess what I'm driving at is let's not be to hasty to judge or be harsh? ;) Afterall we are all mothers here trying our best to do what we think is right for our children. Its hard enough being a mom diba? Lets just spread love and good vibes.  :D

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »
I think the fact that she attributes the skin color to 'paglilihi' is a bit weird.

No one has the right to judge, that's true. But I think we can only infer from what's being said in the forums. With that said, I think it's normal of a reaction what other moms (including me) have said here. Title pa lang, baby skin whitening na-shock na ko.

TS - focus on your baby regardless of his/her physical attributes. All kids deserve unconditional love from their parents, I'm sure you have overflowing love for your baby. Don't let other's opinions cloud your love or your judgement.

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: help! baby skin whitening
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
^ true about the paglilihi but then again, that's the beauty of internet, all types of ideas talaga. And I'm sure jaja_0310 is more "educated" na that paglilihi has no basis from the feedback and experiences of the other moms like yourself :)

regarding the reaction of the moms, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Pero I guess where I'm coming from lang is its kind of like the stigma of breastfeeding or not breastfeeding. Does it mean that the moms who breastfeed are better moms than those who don't. Diba di naman? :) In my humble opinion, this is the same din in the sense na just because she asks about how to whiten then ibig ba sabihin nun di nya mahal baby nya or she's a bad mother? I think our GT sister got pressured also, which is pretty normal for ANY mother. I'm sure after some comments, instead of encouraging her pa, baka she might be even more disheartened and I'm sure that's not what we want naman :).

Again - no judgements as well from me, I just want to put my 2 cents out there :) I'm sure we all are just concerened for her & her baby.

Jaja_0310: Instead of skin whitening, make sure nalang that your baby has healthy skin, no rashes, no bites etc. There's another thread here which discusses different ways to take care of our little ones I'm sure that will help you out! Goodluck!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close