Author Topic: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?  (Read 6943 times)

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »
I am doing my makeup! I am a professional makeup artist :) But initially I thought of hiring another since I don't wanna be stressed on my wedding day. Thought of getting Albert Kurniawan, since his style is the same as mine. But he is not cheap (P50k). And knowing myself I would still, no matter what, try to retouch it after. So wag na lang ako magsayang ng 50k and just do it myself. :)

fuzzy_pink

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 08:49:23 am »
Sis Andeegirl: yay!! buti may kaperahas na ako.. anyways traditional gagwin mo or keri mo din mag airbrush sa sarili mo? yun na lang pinag iisipan ko.. hehe

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 01:55:39 pm »
i might if i can lols! pero i know myself, mga 5 minutes lang expired na ang patience ko so hindi pwede. hahahah

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »
If I have the skills, I would do my own make up but will get someone else to do my hair.

andeegirlxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 05:30:57 pm »
Sis Andeegirl: yay!! buti may kaperahas na ako.. anyways traditional gagwin mo or keri mo din mag airbrush sa sarili mo? yun na lang pinag iisipan ko.. hehe

Hi Sis. Nung hindi pa ako nag aaral ng makeup akala ko super ganda ng airbrush makeup and akala ko yun na yung pinaka okay sa lahat. Tsaka kasi sa Pinas pag wedding makeup kelangan airbrush. When I attended makeup school here sa States, I learned na ang airbrush ginagamit lang talaga for extremely close up headshots and for character makeup. My instructor told us na kaya lang popular ang airbrush for wedding is it's just that it sounds "glamorous" since it's for a wedding day. But, makeup quality wise, it is not really good for weddings. Airbrush makeup is very delicate and it doesn't set sa skin that much, pag na touch mo face mo with airbrushed foundation sira na. I have seen Filipino makeup artists that would use airbrush then set it with powder. My instructor told me na it doesn't make sense setting it with powder since kaya ka nga nag airbrush is to have the airbrushed-skin like effect, and for you to capture that effect, extreme close up shot ang kailangan. So as for me, for a wedding you need a good HD foundation that will last all day. You will do a lot of beso sa guests so kelangan talagang naka set ang foundation mo. Medium to full coverage depending on your skin type. I hope this helps :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:34:29 pm by andeegirlxoxo »

120515

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »
i would love to do my own hair and make-up but i want to be pampered on my wedding day so i got a friend/neighbor who is a well-known hmua in our city to do it :-)

i did my own hair and make-up during our civil wedding and my family and friends said i looked great. they even asked if i had them done by a professional - i just used my babyliss miracurl and naked palette :-)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 03:14:18 am »
I wish I had the skills, then again I would still be too anxious on the big day to do it myself! Hehe.
Pero when i started wedding planning dun ko na-realize knowing how to put on makeup is a good skill to have pala kasi I just spent nearly 30k on my wedding HMUA! Hay.

Crammer Planner

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »
Up. Has anybody done this? Was it stressful? I want sana but fiance says it might just stress me.

EatsMe

  • Guest
Re: Doing Your Own Makeup- Would You Dare?
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:28 pm »
Marunong ako magmake up. Lahat ng kakilala ko (literal lahat) tinatanong ako kung ako magme make up sasarili ko. Well, ganito kasi yun... I may have the skills pero it's my wedding day alam kong nerbyosa ako at mawawalan ng focus sa sobrang excitement soooo kumuha ako ng ibang make up artist !!! hahaha! 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close