watch now

Author Topic: Breastfeeding Part 15  (Read 125715 times)

kaice

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2012, 03:55:45 pm »
iristacey - magka weight sila pero nakakainis kasi iba yung secretary ni pedia last time, bumaba daw wegiht nya though alam ko eh hindi kasi nangangawit na ko sa karga. pinapainom ko ng water pag nagsosolids pero di rin sya mahilig sa water. di naman mukhang constipated. may BM din kasi pag cereals and mashed yung foods pero pinapainom ko pa din pero di ko pinipilit. swerte na yung 1-2 oz per day.

chocolatepink

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »
^^ in breastfeeding you have to remember the following:

1) it works on the law of supply & demand. The more the baby DIRECTLY latches on you, your body produces more. Pumping alone will NOT increase your supply

2) volume of pumped milk is NOT a gauge if your baby is getting enough milk. Pumps are no match to baby's sucking

3) EBF babies nurse more than formula fed ones. Why? Formula is heavier on the tummy. Breastmilk is easily digestible because there are no added fillers.

Thank you for this sis hunny_ally! Key learnings ko ito regarding breast feeding. Im turning 22 weeks na as most of you advised, Im now reading and equipping myself as early as now. Likewise, Im setting my expectations that breast feeding is not a piece of cake that there are challenges that I need to overcome as a new and first time soon-to-be mom! I have just finished reading the entire thread 3 & 4 of feeding bottles but I just learned & realized that if I'm serious about breastfeeding I wont be needing those bottles and sterilizers anymore (I hope & pray) and that I should focus on establishing my milk production first & undertand my baby's feeding pattern/behavior.

I had my first dream this morning that's related to my pregnancy. I already gave birth na with a baby boy na maputi and I keep on telling him to take my breastmilk and latch on me na. Im crying pa sa dream. Haha! Grabe eto yata result ng kakatingin sa breast pumps and reading.

Thanks mga sis! :)

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2012, 04:11:36 am »
^^^if he starts to get fussy bigyan mo na agad. in my son's case, pag napansin ko na parang naiirita na cya or he keeps on biting on things and parang kinakaskas nya yung gums nya using his fingers, i give na right away. then pag affected sleeping pattern rin i usually give 1 vial before sleeping. you can increase the dosage naman basta 15minutes interval :)

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »
^ Thanks for the tip  ;)

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:01 am »
For mom's who have flied with their babies, are you allowed to bring in pumped BM into the plane? Im not so comfortable kasi feeding in public. Ive never done it yet, esp now that my baby is super likot & im iffy that he may leave me exposed if i feed in the plane kaya i was thinking how feasible it is to bring pumped milk nalang instead?

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2012, 02:17:23 am »
^yes pwede. airlines are quite lenient naman with liquids as long as they see you're traveling with a baby. IMO ha, parang better if you can just direct feed nalang in the plane para less bitbit rin. another advantage is mas malaki ang chance na you can pacify your baby better specially if he's getting fussy because of the pressure. they need to swallow kasi during take off and landing to avoid any pain in their ears, or better yet pag tulog sila :)

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2012, 06:27:43 am »
Do i label the milk? Or ok na kaya na basta nakalagay sa bottles with icepack? Ill try practicing siguro with him feeding directly with a nursing cover on, ill see how he reacts. But agree with you Grayce na better nga sya for relieving the pressure for take off an landing. The airlines going overseas naman yung sinabi mo na lenient right since you fly to singapore? Would you have an idea about airlines going to the US? Baka kasi mas maarte sila sa regulations? :)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:18 am »
^i watched before in Inside Edition (or was it Dateline) that there was this mom who was asked to taste the expressed milk. I can't remember if she was traveling alone or with the baby. Plus this was the time when they were really strict in airports (like early post 911)

Do you have nursing wear? Cause if your baby won't like nursing covers, this will be your alternative. Just practice on how you'll cover yourself with a lampin or shawl while you pop out your boob and make the baby latch. At least while he's nursing ok nang kahit di siya naka-cover. Just practice on how to quickly cover yourself again in case your baby unexpectedly unlatches, lalo na if you're afraid of exposure.

Another option is to request for a window seat. Then whenever your baby needs to nurse, just ask your husband to cover you and the baby with a nursing bib or shawl like a tent. This is not as discreet though when you're using nursing tops but at least better than using the nursing bib the conventional way. Some babies feel claustrophobic while under the bib. This one Hindi nakadikit masyado the cloth on his face

akosibulinggay

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:06 am »
^^ m_lim in breastfeeding you have to remember the following:

1) it works on the law of supply & demand. The more the baby DIRECTLY latches on you, your body produces more. Pumping alone will NOT increase your supply

2) volume of pumped milk is NOT a gauge if your baby is getting enough milk. Pumps are no match to baby's sucking

3) EBF babies nurse more than formula fed ones. Why? Formula is heavier on the tummy. Breastmilk is easily digestible because there are no added fillers.

two thumbs up! korek na korek based on my own experience! 3 days after ko manganak, super dami ko na milk supply to the point na nagli leak na talaga sa damit ko, kahit every 30 minutes ngdedede si baby ngleak pa din talaga.. hanggang 6 months talagang nglileak pa din,sa gabi nga nagpapump ako para lang mabawasan kasi talagang masakit na, nasasayang nga lang yung pinump ko na gatas,kasi sa isang boob lang super satisfied na si baby..

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2012, 09:45:45 am »
^i watched before in Inside Edition (or was it Dateline) that there was this mom who was asked to taste the expressed milk. I can't remember if she was traveling alone or with the baby. Plus this was the time when they were really strict in airports (like early post 911)

Do you have nursing wear? Cause if your baby won't like nursing covers, this will be your alternative. Just practice on how you'll cover yourself with a lampin or shawl while you pop out your boob and make the baby latch. At least while he's nursing ok nang kahit di siya naka-cover. Just practice on how to quickly cover yourself again in case your baby unexpectedly unlatches, lalo na if you're afraid of exposure.

Another option is to request for a window seat. Then whenever your baby needs to nurse, just ask your husband to cover you and the baby with a nursing bib or shawl like a tent. This is not as discreet though when you're using nursing tops but at least better than using the nursing bib the conventional way. Some babies feel claustrophobic while under the bib. This one Hindi nakadikit masyado the cloth on his face

Shucks, yun nga I've havent been able to invest on any nursing tops, kaya mega production number yung paglabas ng boob ko and pag-cover when we feed, hehe :) Will try to practice din your recommendation hunny_ally and mukhang best option also yung window seat for breastfeeding, hassle lang for me yun since masikip sya especially for intercontinental flight.  :P

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2012, 11:11:15 am »
suggestion sis cldy_1981, you may just have a sando (spandex type) under your shirt so that your shirt will be like a cover na din. when you pull up your shirt, no worries because your tummy is still covered. you may also opt to customize the sando with a hole then you just wear a nursing bra. that way it's like a nursing vest. or you may want to have the sando customized with a hole for easier access. :)

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »
Do i label the milk? Or ok na kaya na basta nakalagay sa bottles with icepack? Ill try practicing siguro with him feeding directly with a nursing cover on, ill see how he reacts. But agree with you Grayce na better nga sya for relieving the pressure for take off an landing. The airlines going overseas naman yung sinabi mo na lenient right since you fly to singapore? Would you have an idea about airlines going to the US? Baka kasi mas maarte sila sa regulations? :)
kahit no label d naman na nila pinapakialaman usually diaper bag ng baby based on my experience. sa US flights lang di ko sure.. And yes usual plane trips ko is sin-mnl :)

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »
^^thanks iristacey - will try to see if i can buy that type of sando.

^thanks Grayce, buti nga I can practice muna kasi we have scheduled trip lang to HK before mag US next year sana so I can guage also kahit papano the temperament of my baby and how he will react in an airplane and breastfeeding in a different environment. Would you remember if breastfeeding friendly ang Narita airport? Mukhang dun kasi lay over namin before the long haul to LA na flight.

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2012, 04:35:46 pm »
^no problem. there are available nursing sando/vest at fabnaima (800php++ for nursing mama) and shoptinytots (around 400 ata) but it is expensive for me. better to have a customized one na lang. way cheaper. :)

geekchiq

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »
sis cldy, i work in an airline industry. no need to worry about inspection of pumped milk. after flight, I usually have mga 10 oz of milk inside my cooler bag, and dumadaan sa xray yung trolley bag ko and so far, wala namang sumisita ng bag ko. :) but I do suggest to breastfeed in the plane na lang. many of our passengers, go lang kahit expose na ang boobies, basta get a window seat. :) lately, I've been breastfeeding in public with nursing cover pa rin. my baby just had her baptism, and we didn't bother bringing any bottles with my pumped milk. I feed her before the ceremony, sa car, and while sa restaurant, I just looked for a corner, and feed her. Hirap nga lang, I was not wearing a breastfeeding friendly dress kaya pahirapan.

my supply is low din nowadays since I was sick and was under a lot of stress. Konti na lang stock ko sa ref kaya anytime soon, I'll be supplementing na with formula. :( pero as much as possible, I'll give pa rin BM. Kaya I requested for a 5 days leave this month. I'll take that opportunity to increase my BM stash, and magpataba. Am super underweight! :(

Just a short kwento lang. My dad-in-law wants me to wean na my baby from breastfeeding, kesyo ang payat-payat ko na. Dapat daw sa gabi i-bottle na lang si baby. Kaya I really told him na I plan to breastfeed my baby at least a year old. Nagulat siya, pero since ako ang mommy, ako ang masusunod.

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »
^^try to check Narita airport's website. sa Changi if I'm not mistaken meron mga nakalabel kung saan breastfeeding stations nila kasi even sa brochure meron :)

cldy_1981

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »
sis cldy, i work in an airline industry. no need to worry about inspection of pumped milk. after flight, I usually have mga 10 oz of milk inside my cooler bag, and dumadaan sa xray yung trolley bag ko and so far, wala namang sumisita ng bag ko. :)

my supply is low din nowadays since I was sick and was under a lot of stress. Konti na lang stock ko sa ref kaya anytime soon, I'll be supplementing na with formula. :( pero as much as possible, I'll give pa rin BM. Kaya I requested for a 5 days leave this month. I'll take that opportunity to increase my BM stash, and magpataba. Am super underweight! :(

Just a short kwento lang. My dad-in-law wants me to wean na my baby from breastfeeding, kesyo ang payat-payat ko na. Dapat daw sa gabi i-bottle na lang si baby. Kaya I really told him na I plan to breastfeed my baby at least a year old. Nagulat siya, pero since ako ang mommy, ako ang masusunod.

Thanks geekchiq! :) Don't worry so much, lalong baba supply mo. Just concentrate on stocking up & direct feeding nalang siguro your baby when you have the opportunity. Ako din I had to supplement with formula last week buti nalang I'm able to get my supply back up so back to all BM ulit my son. I actually felt bad & stressed over it but after a while I thought I'll just work to ensure na maka-exclusive BM ulit baby ko. So far so good, we're back on track! :)

Im quite lucky that my parents & my parents in law are quite supportive about BFeeding kaya I've never had to deal with that issue. Pero brush it aside nalang, they might be worried lang, pero as you said at the end of the day naman as the mommy it's your decision and commitment to continue breastfeeding that matters diba? :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:58:21 pm by cldy_1981 »

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2012, 05:49:45 pm »
A breastfeeding advocate mom I know shared the following article/blog post in FB:

http://nativemothering.com/2012/04/are-there-differences-between-breastfeeding-directly-and-bottle-feeding-expressed-milk/

By the way, there is a breastfeeding seminar at Medical City on Saturday morning, September 8. Call the Medical City trunkline for information about the seminar. 

wengerts

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:18 pm »
ang saya ng handsfree pumping! ;D tried the pumping bra ni shoptinytots today, i pump at my desk while working  ::)

yesterday i experienced a dip in my bm, i usually get 5-6oz per pump sa work. kahapon my first one was only half of that! inisip ko anong ginawa kong kakaiba e. ayun, naalala ko nag bread lang ako for breakfast  :-\ did not anticipate that big of a change sa output. so anyway, ayan bumalik na ako sa regular breakfast this morning (read: with kanin), now i'm back to normal levels ;D

sisses, question, how do you handle people asking "hanggang kelan mo gagawin yan?"
wala lang, it has come up to me so many times, sinasagot ko lang palagi is "hangga't gusto ng baby ko at may milk ako"

meron pang isa  "hindi pa ba pwede mag formula ang baby mo?"

sarap jombagin e.  ::)

iristacey

  • Guest
Re: Breastfeeding Part 15
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »
^bumili din ako nyan sis, unfortunately, i bought the wrong size. dapat pala medium. hindi magkasya. sayang tuloy.

ganyan din sinasagot ko sa mga nagtatanong sakin how long i intend to bfeed my son. "hanggat kaya and while supply last" sabi ko lang. i was also asked to have formula para daw tumaba si baby. i just shrug it off. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close