The issue is not the lost bag, it also isn't your staying in and sending your kuya out in your place.
Nagamit lang nya pagka wala ng bag as an opportunity mailabas nya & mailabas din ng sis in law mo -- ang inis at grrrrrr nila when your hubby married you. It is AB-normal ang pagbintang sa yo, we all agree on that.
Face it, matagal na silang may kimkim na inis at galit sa yo. Well, unfortunately, they cannot face the reality na you are married to dear anak/bro. So, hwag mo na reason out why sabi ambisyosa ka etc etc.
They will say anything to console their now feeling na hindi na sila but ikaw ang priority ng hubby mo.
I have a SIL who convinced herself that I didn't have just a pair of long horns, but also a long tail. Grabe. The first couple of months, I tried pandering to her. Lalo sumasama pakita sa akin. Until 1 day, I blew up & told her to her face: who do you think you are? I am younger than you but I am sooooo far from where you are. I don't need you, the more I don't like you -- I can live without talking to you, no loss, sama ugali mo eh, you're older pa than me. Do not call me Atchi kasi your brother is older than you -- kasi I am young, smart, independent & you are boring & old. Wala nakasagot -- we were in the middle of a family lunch. She was answering me pa -- the 1st time daw she set eyes on me kumukulo na daw dugo nya. My MIL yelled at her to stop -- she made akma to hit me -- my MIL slapped her. My hubby said: Tara, uwi na tayo. I told her: well, tough luck, you didn't marry your brother. Kasi you need to marry someone rich, inutil ka eh.
From that day on, ingat that family kasi I am obviously no pushover. My inlaws told her to apologize to me, kasi I said I was going to no more lunches or what. She did, and I made it hard for her -- pina galitan na Ko ni hubby na ok na nag sorry na eh, tama na.
So, IMO, it does not pay to be meek. Sagutin mo!